FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Should smores change with technology?

Author Topic: Should smores change with technology?
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
link

Sorry, I know I should put this in the Dobie thread thread, but I couldn't help myself. I was giggling too hard.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
My mother was going to get us one of those for Christmas. I'm so glad I talked her out of it.

*slays single application kitchen items*

*especially ones that take up a ton of space*

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

- posted      Profile for lcarus           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

Use the microwave!

Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Have you tried Skinny Cow's new s'more flavored ice-cream sandwiches? They're pretty good. [Smile]
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

- posted      Profile for Anti-Chris           Edit/Delete Post 
God didn't intend Smores to come prepackaged; he believes you have to work to get smores. Those ice cream sandwiches are the work of the devil. [Wink]
Posts: 530 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sweet William
Member # 5212

- posted      Profile for Sweet William           Edit/Delete Post 
What in the world is a Ramekin?
Posts: 524 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
That explains why they're so good then, Anti-Chris. [Big Grin]
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
The little bowls the ingredients are in in the picture are ramekins.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dobbie
Member # 3881

- posted      Profile for Dobbie           Edit/Delete Post 
I hate marshmallows, particuarly melted, partially singed marshmallows.
Posts: 1794 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Sweet William, you really need to have a creme brulee to understand this.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dobbie
Member # 3881

- posted      Profile for Dobbie           Edit/Delete Post 
Burnt cream?
Posts: 1794 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zip
Member # 4710

- posted      Profile for zip   Email zip         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone ever add peanut butter to smores? Ohhhhhhh.
Posts: 24 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
S'mores without a campfire??? Blasphemy!

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not a luddite or anything like that, but some things are just plain wrong! [Angst]
Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Perfectly sized roasting forks for optimum marshmallow toasting.
Has anybody seen that episode of Spongebob Squarepants where they give things like ketchup packets and straws really fancy descriptions? This reminded me of that.

Anyway, to answer Bob's question, yes. In fact, I'd love a self-assembling s'more maker. But this? This abomination is fooling around with American traditions, and trust me: their child won't be pretty.

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boothby171
Member # 807

- posted      Profile for Boothby171   Email Boothby171         Edit/Delete Post 
How else are you supposed to make s'mores in the depths of a northeast winter? Especially if you're stuck with an electric stove.

We gout our daughter one of these for Christmas, and she loved it! She even used it! Once!

But to be honest, a can of sterno and a carving fork would work just as well.

Or a 15W industrial Pumped Argon LASER....hmm...

Posts: 1862 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

- posted      Profile for Mama Squirrel   Email Mama Squirrel         Edit/Delete Post 
I have been known to use candles to roast my marshmallows. [Big Grin]
Posts: 399 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sweet William
Member # 5212

- posted      Profile for Sweet William           Edit/Delete Post 
zgator, DKW:

Thank you. I'm all knowed up for the day!!! [Smile]

Posts: 524 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shadowmaker
Member # 6155

- posted      Profile for shadowmaker           Edit/Delete Post 
smore kit: $43 plus cost of food
lighter, marshmallows, graham crackers, chocolate: what, like 10 bucks?

Posts: 68 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Mama, me too! But now that I have the long lighter-thingies, I find those work better.

Single use kitchen appliances that I find useful: coffee maker, grilled sandwich maker, waffle iron. *thinks* (And if I had something that was the last two combined, like my mom does, I'd be happier. Only ones I've seen were far more expensive than the combined cost of the two separate.) Oh, and I recently caved and bought a quesadilla maker when it was on sale. But that's cuz I'm so tired of burning myself when I flip and cut up the quesadillas before popping 'em back in the oven.

Generally, though, I agree with celia on this issue.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Surely we are a creative enough group that, at least for us, there is no such thing as a "single use" kitchen appliance.

[Big Grin]

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
True. But I try not to admit that in public (subpoenas, you understand), as the more creative uses often void the warranty.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Void the warranty, but they feel soooooooo good.

[Evil Laugh]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.