FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Will disagreements about metrosexuality rip Hatrack apart?

Author Topic: Will disagreements about metrosexuality rip Hatrack apart?
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Has it already?

Can Hatrack overcome the hurt feelings, overlook the fact that person 'A' feels this way about The Gap while person 'B' feels the other way about Pierre Cardin?

Have people left as a result of the recent uproar, already?

Or, is this community different?

I honestly want to know.

Storm

[ February 26, 2004, 10:31 AM: Message edited by: Storm Saxon ]

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
No clever googling, and no cod.

I win.

[Smile]

Besides, it's not a metrosexuality thread unless you mention exfoliation.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
I've become less scornful of meterosexuals as of late. I bought a turtleneck and even tried out a loofah.
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

What's wrong with turtlenecks? [Mad]
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
It's cruel to the poor neckless turtles?
Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

Storm, you meterosexuals are all the same. Shouldn't you be shopping at A&F, anyway?

[ February 26, 2004, 10:36 AM: Message edited by: Frisco ]

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I tried to be a metrosexual, but have you priced makeup recently???? Let alone the hair care products! Whew!

Besides, most of this stuff interferes with my diet. I mean, by the time I was done using styling gel with apricot, and the oatmeal face scrub, I was thrown right out of ketosis.

And I'm sorry but thong underwear on men is meant for special occasions only. [Wink]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

I bet you don't even shave your pits. [Roll Eyes]
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
You have to pluck to really get it right.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

Nah, I just have the lady that does my Brazilian wax do them.
Chamrajngar
Member # 3242

- posted      Profile for Chamrajngar   Email Chamrajngar         Edit/Delete Post 
lol. anyway, i don't think all that may people left. And if they did, they're probobly just uncomfotable about themselves. Did that sound gay? [Frown] lol.
Posts: 197 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
So if you're a girl and don't do any of those things, and you have safety glasses, are you just a tomboy or does metrosexual apply?
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

Girls doing metrosexual things just makes them girls. Girls not doing metrosexual things makes them in need of a sex change operation.
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Storm, someday we're going to see that in the quotes sections of Readers Digest.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I tried sex on the metro once.

It tore me apart from Hatrack for 2-10, with time off for good behavior.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
You know how some people call 6:30 Half-six? And Scottish people say their short i more like a short e? So there was this scottish girl visiting my in-laws. They started calling it 5:90.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
(((Storm Saxon)))

Thank you very much for progagating sterotypes and gender roles. After all, females are allowed to be like males, while the opposite isn't allowed. Females can wear pants--males can not wear dresses.

(((Storm Saxon)))

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You know how some people call 6:30 Half-six?
Are you serious? [Eek!] I have never heard anybody say that.

[ February 27, 2004, 01:50 AM: Message edited by: Da_Goat ]

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Females can wear pants--males can not wear dresses.
I so very much want to see more kilt-wearing. There is little that can be more attractive than the full regalia on a guy.

Please, Men of Hatrack, explore the kilt option.

*waiting expectantly for my hugs, please [Smile]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LinuxPengwin
Member # 2423

- posted      Profile for LinuxPengwin   Email LinuxPengwin         Edit/Delete Post 
*Climbs out of the hole I've been in for the past 2 years or so...*

I'm at Carnegie Mellon... our marching band wears kilts.... so they're quite in style here.

Posts: 110 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, then I must arrange a visit to Carnegie Mellon.

(I mean, seriously. Got any conferences on healthcare coming up?)

A style for all men. But there is nothing quite like a strapping young man in a kilt with good manners. The lad with good manners, that is. [Smile]

Kilts can be formal or casual, and are suitable for all occasions, from a bonfire to a wedding. From Dads taking the kid for a stroll to attending wild parties (with Hawaiian Punch!), men of body types great and small look good in the timeless kilt. For those of you with Scottish ancestry, find your tartan today. (I proudly wear the Cameron plaid of my beloved's family.)

Wear a kilt today! [Smile] Mmmmm ...

[ February 27, 2004, 09:25 AM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.