FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Reasons to love Hatrack

Author Topic: Reasons to love Hatrack
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
#245 At the SoCal Shinda, when I mentioned I'd once made myself sick eating ripe peaches in the orchard, Papa Moose brought up the out-of-context thread and LadyDove mentioned Prufrock.

Edit: title

[ February 28, 2004, 01:37 AM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

#412 Landmark threads. *curtseys to Pop for starting it and Taalcon for the latest* [Smile]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

*determined to keep posting even if no one else has reasons and/or is unwilling to post in such a hopelessly cheesy thread*
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
#953 Total disregard for using our numbers in order.
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
#666: Slash the Berzerker.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
#717 The fact that no matter how much we all disagree with each other, I still feel at home here.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
#378 Kat

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

[Smile]

#114 Brainy, funny, quirky, passionate people everywhere.

katharina
Member # 827

#309 The cycle. It's almost time to break out Stravinsky's Rite of Spring.
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
#42 Wenches, Wenches, Wenches!
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

#735 Religion threads.
aka
Member # 139

- posted      Profile for aka   Email aka         Edit/Delete Post 
#65535 Ubergeeks who know the answer to every question you might ever have about computers.
Posts: 5509 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
#217 People who appreciate good grammar and spelling.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
#3403 Oh wait a minute, that's my member number. [Cool]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liquor and Fireworks
Member # 5785

- posted      Profile for Liquor and Fireworks   Email Liquor and Fireworks         Edit/Delete Post 
#123 These guys: [The Wave] [Party]
Posts: 331 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
#879 (((((HUGS!)))))
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
#69 People who knows even more obscure Trek/LOTR/HP/SW/MP/MST3K/Simpsonrama references than I do. [Smile]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wussy Actor
Member # 5937

- posted      Profile for Wussy Actor   Email Wussy Actor         Edit/Delete Post 
#7 Bob Scopatz's one line description thread, where somebody makes me laugh out loud almost every day.
Posts: 288 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
#849 The number of hatrack references that have crept their way into Tony's and my everyday conversations. Much to the bafflement of other people.
Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
#701 Online scrabble with good players!
Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Khavanon
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for Khavanon   Email Khavanon         Edit/Delete Post 
#311: The amazing power to impress former regulars to return often to check up on you cats, and remember the nostalgia that was/is (hopefully) this place. [Wave]
Posts: 2523 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
#189 How cool it is when former regulars decide to swing by to check up on things. [Smile]
Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
#75: saxon75. Duh.

Oh, you mean reasons I love Hatrack?

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

[Razz]
#4589 Snarky Californians.

*changes title* [Cool]

aka
Member # 139

- posted      Profile for aka   Email aka         Edit/Delete Post 
#3729 Because threads don't stick to topic. They grow and spread out in every different direction there is, and we like it that way. [Smile] Or in the immortal words of Survivor, "The whole point in having a group is to go off track. It's like four wheel drive."
Posts: 5509 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
#1 Totally understanding, patient, generous and delightful hosts and moderators!!

#2 Bob Scopatz and the machine that is fluff founded by Bob Scopatz to make us happy.

[ February 28, 2004, 03:49 AM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
#1337 Our lovely selection of geeks: computer geeks, science geeks, engineer geeks, and scifi geeks.

#395 I never have to read the news. Hatrack is my news source.

#190 If there's a controversy out there, someone on Hatrack is bound to have posted some brilliant insights.

[ February 28, 2004, 05:29 AM: Message edited by: Shigosei ]

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
511 Mack --I--

1121 Chamomile tea made fresh from Jenny Gardener's Garden

227 People who understand you enough you don't feel bad calling them up and telling them you've been crying over a really stupid reason and can't seem to stop.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie
Member # 4043

- posted      Profile for Pixie   Email Pixie         Edit/Delete Post 
4279 We have threads like these and enough posts to fill them.

764 Hatrack couples. [Big Grin]

158 Intelligent conversations about all topics with funny people that genuinely care.

Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
#911 Quick answers to medical questions.

#411 Kayla, queen of Google links (and we miss her, boy howdy).

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Bowles
Member # 1021

- posted      Profile for David Bowles   Email David Bowles         Edit/Delete Post 
#1974: Memes.
Posts: 5663 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cochick
Member # 6167

- posted      Profile for cochick   Email cochick         Edit/Delete Post 
#122 lol at the posts [ROFL] - then trying to explain why to my Mum who's sat next to me!

#339 the reassuring feeling that there are people out there who love the same things as me [Big Grin]

Posts: 394 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
#24 The Lyrics Game.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
#996 Knowing what onanism is...

[ March 02, 2004, 12:32 AM: Message edited by: Ryuko ]

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
#43 Dobies

#27 Learning what "jatraquero" means

#36 Multiple Logins

Edit: Someone stole 42!

[ March 02, 2004, 12:39 AM: Message edited by: pooka ]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Banna_Oj
Member # 6207

- posted      Profile for Banna_Oj   Email Banna_Oj         Edit/Delete Post 
OSC posted!!!
http://www.hatrack.com/ubb/forum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=002279

Posts: 79 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
The people of Hatrack.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
#996 Knowing what onanism is...
#997 Having lurked for 2+ years and STILL not figuring this one out...

#896 Making me giggle on a daily basis.

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

#253 Slash again.

#486 The writing.

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
#414 The Spankings.

[Evil]

I was going to do 717 but Ryuko stole it!

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anthro
Member # 6087

- posted      Profile for Anthro   Email Anthro         Edit/Delete Post 
#5800: The lol's, rotfl's, and especially the lmao's.

#6000: The sea was filled with angry monkeys. [Big Grin]

Posts: 550 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
#17 AIM chat (when I have time to go in there)

#123 New friends made by way of hatrack, AIM chat, parachat, or anything else. New friends made REALLY late at night over thousands of miles.

I LOVE that about Hatrack.

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
#1: dkw

[Kiss]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
#-17: Spring at Hatrack! ^
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Certain as the tide, PSI. Let's all ride the wave.

[The Wave]

(you knew it was coming)

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
#[xxx]: Finally achieving the touch-typists Holy Grail -- learning to get the open and close square bracket keys "on they fly" because of all the UBB codes
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.