FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Home remodelling

Author Topic: Home remodelling
Traveler
Member # 3615

- posted      Profile for Traveler           Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings all,

I've completed a bathroom remodel (with help from a friend) and am now in the final week or two of a kitchen remodel (contracted out).

My home is a very modest 1 1/2 story 1920's stucco bungalow. I'm interested in seeing what can be done with the upstairs. Has anyone ever tackled an attic space here? I'm thinking of raising the roof and making it a full second story. Right now I don't think the attic would qualify as a bedroom (not a high enough percentage of space over a certain height).

If anyone has done anything like this I'd love to hear any advice, suggestions, warnings, etc.

Thanks alot,
Matt

Posts: 512 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Not with the information you've provided.
It'd help if you posted some exterior pictures of your home from various angles and some interior pictures of your attic. As well as a floor plan showing the walls&doorways.

I will say that it is very very possible that you've got a nice wooden exterior hidden under a "let's modernize the look" stucco job.

[ March 01, 2004, 02:41 PM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.