FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Why do all my threads die? (Page 0)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Why do all my threads die?
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Anthro))))) Happens to me too, pal. I dunno what it is. [Group Hug]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
That's all too true.

[Cry]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Trogdor
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah, and...

::greets Pat by hitting him in the upper arm in a manly but non-seriously-painful kind of way::

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
I feel that way too Anthro. And as I am also a fairly new poster here, I have also kind of let it bother me. Then I realized, that if I killed a thread it's probably because my post so effectively dealt with the topic that there was no more to say. [Smile]

*goes off to start a pirate thread*

Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh come on rivka -- I fun ya cause I like ya.

**gets serious**

How bout a hug?

Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Zal, that hurt!
Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Fer really? [Smile]

(((((Pat)))))

[Big Grin]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry. Wrong arm.

<----Hits Pat's ovesized, heavily muscled, Trogdoresque right arm instead of his girly left arm.

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Howdy, Anthro. Just thought I would contribute to keeping your thread alive. [Wave]
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Anthro,
I used to crave the feeling of importance and appreciation that comes from a thread that grows so fast you wind up saying embarassing things because you didn't get to read all the posts. Then I had that romantic dream about Ian McKellan. It got a lot more mileage than the romantic dream about Viggo Mortensen. Strangely enough.

So here's what you do- watch a popular movie, then eat something pretty starchy, and let the magic happen [Razz]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

I've decided that I'm going to be the one to kill this thread. No more posting after this post, please. I called dibs.
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

Oh, and kat? Does the link go nowhere for a reason?
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
This is the way "Last Post" threads are born.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

It's supposed to be a swirlie. It didn't work?
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, my name is Bokonon, and I am a thread-killer.

*Sigh*

Well, I feel a little better, I guess.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

um, no.

But, consider the swirly given.

**goes off to towel off**

FoolishTook
Member # 5358

- posted      Profile for FoolishTook   Email FoolishTook         Edit/Delete Post 
Commence turf war.

*enters Anthro's thread-killing cave to mark territory*

There can only be one thread killer on this forum!

Posts: 407 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to kill threads... There was one beautiful moment when a thread I made went three pages. I was so proud of my Jack Chick-bashing child. It spawned several more threads as well. In fact, that was around the time I posted my landmark, which also spawned several threads.

I'll call those my golden days. I've already hit my peak at this point. Muwahah. I'll just camp out on Hatrack's front porch with a rifle in my lap from now on, rocking and rocking...

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
I have searched threads containing posts by me (I was looking for something really important, I swear!) and in every other thread, my post was the last one. So what does that mean?

I guess it means you're in good company. [Cool]

Now watch this be the last post.

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

Not possible. I have dibs.
pooka
Member # 5003

Not a chance, PSIT. By the way, Pat, I posted my profile. )))waiting for hug(((
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

From one pat to another...

(((((((((((((Patricia)))))))))))))

[Smile]

Anthro
Member # 6087

- posted      Profile for Anthro   Email Anthro         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. . .41 posts. I love you people.

You see, I'm like Ralphie--an attention whore.

Foolish Took, I'll take you on. One-on-one, right now, winner takes all and gets the babe.

Posts: 550 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thread Killer
Member # 3464

- posted      Profile for Thread Killer           Edit/Delete Post 
Did somebody call for me?

Hey, you aren't supposed to have gotten a thread with this many posts!

*kills thread*

Posts: 14 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
(((Trogdor)))

Don't worry. Just work on making your posts more energetic, provocative, and so forth.

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
Try resurrecting your buddy's thread that's about to drop off the bottom of the last page. Perhaps she'll do the same for you in future.
Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Because your threads SUCK!

*reads other posts on the thread*

Oh, I see. We're trying to be nice and supportive on this one.

[Group Hug] Anthro [Group Hug]

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

My daughter thinks that group hug looks like a bunch of people sharing a secret.
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, anthro - I kill threads on a consistent basis, particularly the ones I start.

Unless they deal with food.

For some odd reason, poeple around here enjoy my cooking.

If they could just convince my son!

(Now - watch the thread REALLY die. Guaranteed. I bared my soul last night and only TWO of youse were strong enough to take it . . . shakes head sadly)

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Ha. I kill the threads around here.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey look!!! You made it to 2 pages!!!
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't this thread dead yet?????
Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
It'll probably never die. I think Anthro just used reverse psychology.

*gets hit by something logical*

[Hail] Anthro

[ March 02, 2004, 01:58 AM: Message edited by: Da_Goat ]

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

- posted      Profile for Slash the Berzerker   Email Slash the Berzerker         Edit/Delete Post 
This thread sucks.
Posts: 5383 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thread Killer
Member # 3464

- posted      Profile for Thread Killer           Edit/Delete Post 
It really should be dead by now. Maybe its just slowly suffering until it finally keels over...
Posts: 14 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The_Chaser
Member # 6266

- posted      Profile for The_Chaser   Email The_Chaser         Edit/Delete Post 
It's like a whole different hatrack over here in the forum section. Anthro definately planed this 2 page wonder.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Ah ha! I have the last post. Oh wait, wrong thread. [Sleep]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luthe
Member # 1601

- posted      Profile for luthe   Email luthe         Edit/Delete Post 
WORRY, WORRY ANYONE???
Posts: 1458 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
What me worry? I survived the 20thCentury!!!
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

luthe, I remember that thread. *sighs* Oh, for the days when we were young and innocent and so saddened by the ability to stop intelligent conversation in its tracks.
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thread Killa
Member # 4398

- posted      Profile for Thread Killa   Email Thread Killa         Edit/Delete Post 
Thread Killer, you've got such a lame name.

[ March 02, 2004, 01:34 PM: Message edited by: Thread Killa ]

Posts: 33 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Post, me.

Wait, I mean...
well actually, that's what I meant.
[Razz]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

Eruve, what have you been up to? We posted 2000 on the same day. I'm just always fascinated at the prospect that someone might have found a life outside of Hatrack.
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anthro
Member # 6087

- posted      Profile for Anthro   Email Anthro         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah, this is so the new last post thread.

Hey Chaser, nice to see you. Made the switch, huh?

Posts: 550 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You see, I'm like Ralphie--an attention whore.
I'm sorry, do I know you?
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I can't believe this thread hasn't died yet!
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I just have NOT felt like reading or posting on Hatrack lately at all. Like nothing really looks interesting..

Such a switch from when I first joined and read every post of every thread. Now some days go by that I don't even check Hatrack.

And it really hasn't changed. Do some of you long-timers go through this once in awhile -- where you just don't want to do it for awhile, then later it becomes more appealing again?

Ahh... for renewed first love...

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.