FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Full Status Report... *New and Improved!*

Author Topic: Full Status Report... *New and Improved!*
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd say it's safe to say we've once again peeked and are going into another calm valley in our cyclical Hatracker's way. So, what damage has been done? Who left? Who thought about leaving? Whose embarrassed about there member number? We need to know who we offended off the face of the earth so we understand what issues we need to work out.

[ March 02, 2004, 10:35 AM: Message edited by: scottneb ]

Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
::stabs scott::
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IvyGirl
Member # 6252

- posted      Profile for IvyGirl   Email IvyGirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I, for one, am perfectly happy with my member number and Hatrack. Thank guys!!!!!!!
Posts: 156 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm almost done with the gay threads because there's little left to say and no one is listening to each other (generally), but I think we're okay. Did anyone leave permanently. I know John L declared that he did, but that lasted (as could be expected) slightly less than 24 hours. I did get to witness Zal very distinctly NOT tell me to be quiet, but I have a feeling he wanted to. *frown*

Otherwise, all good.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
I left...

To get a snack, but then I remembered that I gave up between-meal snacks for Lent.

So here I am. Posting in your thread.

Waiting for responses.

Just waiting.

Still waiting.

Oh, glorious waiting!

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Oh, and the exchange with John L falls under the "members with member numbers under 1000 can say anything they want to each other" rule.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

Sweet, I'm very honored to see that there is a rule like that. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
I left for a few hours to calm down, and to hug my kids and play with them when I got upset on one gay marriage thread, but that was it.

I'm done with them now too. Feel free to call me a bigot and a hypocrite on any gay marriage thread, I won't see it. [Big Grin]

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
You know what would shake this place up? Monkeys. Lots and lots of monkeys.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
Someone should start a 'Hatrack's most notorious bigots' thread.

Hmmm....

Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Mike   Email Mike         Edit/Delete Post 
Makes you wonder what members with member number less than 100 can do to each other. [Eek!]

*Is a monkey*

Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Trogdor should have a "Burninate the bigot: 5 cents" thread.
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, katharina -- no frowns. I wasn't frowning when I posted. I said what I wanted to say in the way that I wanted to say it. I swear I wasn't just being politic or thinking 'shut up' in my head.

Now if you are frowning because your not pleased that I entered the fray, well, hey, I can't let all you people think that I'm perfectly placid 24-7. The pciture of civility. I got to mix it up a bit. Keep from being typecast, channel my inner-Lalo if you will. Or won't. I'm thinking -- won't.

EDIT: all that and I drop a vowel from your name (now fixed). Hmmmm. Maybe I was about to fly off the handle. [Wink]

[ March 01, 2004, 06:40 PM: Message edited by: Zalmoxis ]

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
(((scottneb )))

I was going to leave. But my wounded feelings have regenerated.

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I was able to severely limit my posting Saturday and Sunday. But I'm back off the wagon. Still, it gave me pause to see that my post count is now not much under Amka's.

Also, a couple/few weeks ago ak was talking about how things used to be, you couldn't hit refresh and see five new replies beat yours into the thread. It caused me to consider how much better post quality would be if we knew that was how our opinion would be weighed for the next 24 hours.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spice Weasel
Member # 6262

- posted      Profile for Spice Weasel   Email Spice Weasel         Edit/Delete Post 
Leave? I just got here!
Posts: 6 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
(((Spice Weasel)))

It's great to have you here with us oldsters. *Yawn.* I'm feeling old...

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
There appears to be an overabundance of newbies. Is it possible that that's partially related to the article? Or just that comic strip?
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know, but spice weasel is THE COOLEST name I've heard yet. [Smile]
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aka
Member # 139

- posted      Profile for aka   Email aka         Edit/Delete Post 
And Phanto is one huggy newbie! Or else he just means "hey you" by the parentheses that we use here for ((((hugs)))). I thought hugs were netwide, though. Anyone else ever see this usage?
Posts: 5509 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so glad we're coming down into the calm loop again... I tried the debates, and I realized that fluff is just where I shine.

SHINE ON, YOU SHINING STAR OF FLUFF!!!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

I have some admitting to do. I have thought about it over the last little while and I need to express my feelings. Since I came back to Hatrack last year, I've come to really feel for the people that post here. Some of the newbies might see this and totally think that I'm just the weirdest dude there is. But, I have to say it.

First, I hope that katharina never leaves. For some reason I just can't imagine staying here if kat happened to drop off the face of the earth. She doesn't really address me directly a whole lot, but she is strong in her beliefs and is willing to fight for them. I think she is very noble for that and without her, the board would suffer tremendously.

Second, BannaOj. What can I say, she's fixing my Care Bear after my dog ate it. She says that it's the only thing she can do to help a person in uniform and she acts like it's nothing. But, it really means a lot to me and I'd like to thank her publicly for being as selfless as she is.

Third, Dan_Raven and Bob_Scopatz (sp?) In my head the two of them go hand in hand. I've said it before and even started a thread thanking Bob. I think they are another very big contributor to the board. I hope that someday I can mean as much to someone as they mean to me.

Fourth, the newbies. Though they're fun to pick on sometimes, some of them show a lot of class. It has become sort of a sport to see which newbies are worth listening to.

I wish I could go through the whole list of people I admire on the board and thank them, but I've already lost a good chunk of productivity today. I have a lot of paperwork to log, so I've got to get to it. So, thanks everyone! You've made a permanent fixture out of me. No matter how good or bad that is.

-scottneb-

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Ivygirl -- excessive use of exclamation points is not allowed on this forum! (well, except, maybe, in the hug thread).

::picking on newbie day::

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

**bump**
katharina
Member # 827

Zal,

I just saw this. Good heavens, I LOVE it when you post, and I like my friends to call me on things when I need it. I will listen, I promise. I won't listen to anyone that isn't, which led me to promise myself that I'll listen to those who are.

I was frowning because...I've heard "I'm not going to say shut up, but I sure want to." before, and I'm prickly about it. I'm sorry. I believe you when you say that wasn't in your head.

scottneb,

You're adorable. Thank you. [Smile]

[ March 02, 2004, 10:56 AM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.