FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Working Mothers vs. Stay at Home Moms - Who's more valued by society? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Working Mothers vs. Stay at Home Moms - Who's more valued by society?
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Belle, I think the polarization is due to Mother-guilt. It doesn't matter what you do. You'll always worry that your decisions will hurt your kids.

In my case, I was becoming Depressed at home, and spending as much time in escapist activities as I would at work. It is far healthier for me to be working now, and appreciating what a gift my daughter is to me.

But for many women, it is the opposite. They become depressed at work, feeling in their hearts that they need to be with their children more.

I think the rational thing to do is consider what is best for the family as a whole, and not break it down into individual pieces. Think about what is best for each individual, yes, but then use that data to decide what is best for the whole family.

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Kipple everywhere!
I have to ask.

My mental image is of a living room filled with tribbles crossed with the denizens of Fraggle Rock.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

It's a word I got from the blade runner book...
There's just... stuff everywhere...
the faery ring
old circulars
comic books
books
dvds
socks...
hats
candy
a bottle...
video games...

But to get back on topic, don't feel guilty. You are trying your best, just keep that in mind and skip all the rest.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.