FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What other forums do you belong to?

Author Topic: What other forums do you belong to?
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
An idea I got from this thread.

What other forums do you belong to? Are any of them as good as Hatrack? Give them a rating!

Sakeriver - A fun little club for people to hang out at. Note: Things posted there are often more raunchy than Hatrack. (ID: Same)

GreNME - Like that neighbor's house that you go over to sometimes. Nice and homey, but it's not YOUR home. We play mafia there, and eat GreNME-mod's food. [Big Grin] (ID: Same)

Fate's Toy - (nolink) A forum I joined not too long after joining Hatrack. I RPed Escaflowne there, but since my life has become a lot busier, I can't really find time for it, making the other folks kinda mad. [Frown] But I used to have some really fun times there.. (sighs)(ID: Same)

Anime News Network - Posted here for a little while, mostly talking about Anime and anime news related stuff. Sometimes grammar naziing at the articles. I was driven away by the lack of connection between the people, and the insane amount of n00bs posting terrible threads.... (ID: Same)

Dub This - The forum for a webcomic I started to read a while ago. I sent the author a fanletter telling him I really liked his comic and that it put me back on reading webcomics and he sent me a sketch! I was so pleased I felt I ought to join his forums and contribute. I haven't posted in a while, although I earned a custom title: "Sucks For You" Ehehe. (ID: Same)

Gaia - I was put onto this forum by a friend. It's an addicting little system of roleplaying, reward-based posting, and lotto-like environs. It's fun, sure, but nothing like the homeyness of here. [Big Grin] (ID: Different)

In other words, I have many forums but none I love so much as this one. [Embarrassed]

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Berg
Member # 133

- posted      Profile for Richard Berg   Email Richard Berg         Edit/Delete Post 
Stats: I am a moderator with 2^14 posts at Ars Technica. I am a moderator with about 1/2K posts at Doom9. I am a moderator with an undisclosed number of posts at an undisclosed spinoff forum. I have about 2000 more posts distributed among several other forums; ones that I'm still active at include this one and DukeBasketballReport.

Actual descriptions and direct links at my startpage, http://richardberg.net/FavoriteLinks

[ March 04, 2004, 02:11 AM: Message edited by: Richard Berg ]

Posts: 1839 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I belong to several...

The Avonlea Forum - I am a total nerd.

Nauvoo - Just signed on today!

VFB - please don't think that I joined this one myself. My sister found it, posts on it regularly, and I just signed on so I could swipe the pics. [Smile]

Sakeriver - Even though I'm a loser and I don't post.

I think that's about it.

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
philoticweb.net
sheroescentral.com
ancientsites.com (Can't remember my username on this one)

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
GameHippo.com
DOS Games
Yeah, yeah, yeah, you don't even have to say it. [Frown]

I also post on IMDB occasionally, but that's not so much a forum as a...I don't know, but it's not a forum.

I also lurk on Ornery or PWEB if I'm bored, but most of the topics that appeal to me there are already being discussed here. In fact, I don't think I've even registered at Ornery.

Hatrack is really the only forum I *enjoy*. I mainly visit the other ones from force of habit.

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
By postcout:

Hatrack
Ars Technica
OSY
Ornery
GreNME
Inside Mac Games

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
enjoyment is discussion with a cap D and the elusive cap T.

which of these forums contains this?

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a member of all the Hatrack and OSC related sites - Hatrack, Pweb, Fresco, Grenme, Sakeriver, MadOwl, and whatever else I'm forgetting. No links required for those. [Smile]

I also occasionally lurk around at Internet Infidels, which sometimes has some interesting discussions but is also sometimes highly annoying. Occasionally I check out some certain Rush forums for new news. Lately I've kept up with a couple of the Democratic candidates' message boards as well. (And man, you guys wouldn't believe how weird the regulars at those places are.)

[ March 04, 2004, 02:46 AM: Message edited by: Jeni ]

Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Lois & Clark Fanfic

sakeriver

The forums at torah.org

Grammar Lady

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Magson
Member # 2300

- posted      Profile for Magson   Email Magson         Edit/Delete Post 
www.ornery.org
www.nauvoo.com
www.jaxbay.proboards15.com
www.illuminatingdarkness.com
www.flyertalk.com
www.ataricommunity.com
www.cgonline.com
www.starwarsgalaxies.com
www.swgmedics.com
www.gonegold.com
www.psychodogstudios.net
www.bioware.com
www.elderscrolls.com

There are more, but I haven't been to them in so long it's not worth posting them here. They're just associated with games I don't play much anymore, mostly.

Posts: 1323 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Harry Potter for Grownups: This tends to have some interesting plot/theory discussions, but it's super-high volume, so instead of scoping it out every opportunity I get in order to have some small chance of reading everything, I just read the top ones every few days. I also do the chat they have on Sundays.

Sakeriver: I haven't been around in a while, but it's pretty interesting.

GreNMe: This is pretty cool. I still haven't got the hang of GreNMe mafia, mostly because I died the first day (throws mafia members ugly looks).

Neopets: I discovered this about a year and a half ago...I'm not as obsessed with it as I used to be, but I do have 534385 neopoints in my bank account.

[URL=http://www.nationstates.net/cgi-bin/index.cgi/target=display_nation/nation=sarcasticmuppet ]NationStates:[/URL] This is cool, but I haven't tried to play the UN yet. I just don't have time.

Live Journal: Just like RL journal-writing, I just can't get motivated to write in it every day. It's still cool, though.

and, of course, hatrack.

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
Hatrack. Only Hatrack. I don't even have an account on sakeriver or anything like that.
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayelar
Member # 183

- posted      Profile for Ayelar   Email Ayelar         Edit/Delete Post 
SimplyMaya.com
WeightWatchers.com
TheKnot.com
HipTop.com

Yeah, that pretty much sums me up. I'm an overweight geek who's getting married and trying to get into 3D work.

[Big Grin]

Actually, I'm very close to technically not being overweight anymore! Yay, weightwatchers.com forums! [Smile]

Posts: 2220 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Is this the thread where Hatrackers, having gotten hooked on Jatra weed, are introduced other forums to try and satiate the cravings?
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
Are you suggesting that Hatrack is a gateway forum? I'm pretty sure Gateway has their own forum.
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
MegaTokyo
American Gerbil Society group (that's so lame)
CarDomain and SoundDomain

edit: I forgot to add that I'm also part of the forum for AGS judges training.

[ March 04, 2004, 10:39 AM: Message edited by: PSI Teleport ]

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solo
Member # 3148

- posted      Profile for solo   Email solo         Edit/Delete Post 
Forums I visit regularly:

Hatrack
Nauvoo
Sakeriver
Blackball Records - The record label run by Adam Pfaler formerly of Jawbreaker.
my own (just getting started)

Some I am registered for, but don't visit often:

ACIDplanet - for ACID audio software. I just registered here yesterday.
Runelords - for David Farlands book series.
Face To Face - A punk band that recently broke up. I have only posted about 3 times.
Foo Fighters
Shadowmarch - Tad Williams site
Metallica
The Tea Party

Those are the ones I can think of right now. Any others I probably only visited once or twice.

Posts: 1336 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John L
Member # 6005

- posted      Profile for John L           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Berg, which forum do you moderate over at Ars? I mostly only post (for fun) in the BF, but I read LKF and the Mojo forums for reference (sometimes the other software ones, but not much).

I am GreNME just about wherever I go. If there is another user out there using GreNME as their name, they are an imposter.

[ March 04, 2004, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: John L ]

Posts: 779 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dangermom
Member # 1676

- posted      Profile for dangermom   Email dangermom         Edit/Delete Post 
I spend some time at Nauvoo and at a tiny board for "feminist homeschooling mamas," but my main addiction is the Straight Dope. Fighting ignorance since 1973 (it's taking longer than we thought).
Posts: 335 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
The Demimonde was a disappointment. I finally got people to post there by being a total post-whore, then they seemed to fade away.

Oh, well.

I don't post on any other forums.

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
A few of the people who have posted here are registered at sakeriver and even have nonzero post counts, yet didn't mention it. I am forced to assume that the reason they are trying to pretend like they're not on sakeriver is that they are ashamed of it, or me. Fine. But if that's how it is, at least have the decency to come out and say it. Don't be knocking on my door in the middle of the night with promises you know you won't keep. Although, really, it's my own fault. I mean, how many times do I have to hear "I'd tell people about you but my other forum is having a hard time right now and I don't think it could handle this right now" before I stop believing it? And now look what you've done! You've got me blaming myself! As if I'm the reason for your lack of commitment! STOP TOYING WITH MY EMOTIONS!

::pant, pant::

Oh, yeah. I'm on Hatrack, sakeriver, and GreNME regularly. I'm also registered at MadOwl and gamesmaq, although I haven't been around those much since I changed offices. If I'm leaving any out, I'm sorry, but you have to move on with your life. And stop calling when my wife is home.

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
John, he's the Soap Box mod at the OpenForum.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
What Bok said.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Okay.

I might be registered at sakeriver.

I think.

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HRE
Member # 6263

- posted      Profile for HRE   Email HRE         Edit/Delete Post 
Hatrack Young Writers
Sleepless-Whispers
Angler's Chat
Brotherhood-of-Catfishermen (Its like a cult. I swear.)
Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory
Megatokyo
Ctr-Alt-Del
Least I could Do

Posts: 515 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John L
Member # 6005

- posted      Profile for John L           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, that tells me why I've never seen him. I'm not a subscriptor. No soapy goodness for me!
Posts: 779 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
NationStates (woot)

forum.QbasicNews.com

Here.

And... yeah, that about covers it. [Smile]

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raventh1
Member # 3750

- posted      Profile for raventh1           Edit/Delete Post 
GreNME, Slashdot *if you can call that a forum*, SomethingAwful, and BluesNews.

[ March 04, 2004, 06:19 PM: Message edited by: raventh1 ]

Posts: 1132 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Flashkit
I also post at the Radiohead.com message board, although I haven't been there regularly for years.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Magson, would any of those happen to be good B5 forums? I'm looking for something to satiate my obsession.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aka
Member # 139

- posted      Profile for aka   Email aka         Edit/Delete Post 
This is my only regular forum, though I've lurked and occasionally posted at Nauvoo, Sakeriver, Pweb, etc. I found a forum for the Nevil Shute Norway foundation and I'll probably check it out from time to time, though it moves very slowly. Nevil Shute fans are even geekier then jatraqueros, if you can believe it. I really love them over there. Nevil Shute is such a great writer.

I wish there were a forum for Mark Salzman. I would love to talk to people about his books. He's another writer I really like a whole lot. And he's not even dead, which is a big plus in a writer. [Smile]

I lurk a little at TheOneRing.net too, since I'm such a hardcore Tolkien addict.

But that's it! Hatrack is my real home.

Posts: 5509 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
This one at hatrack and a forum at team-mayfield.com
this the only one i use tho.

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Many moons ago, I lurked at Greey Associates LA, Anandtech, Gotapex, clutchcity.net (now clutchfans.net), and Chemical Anarchy.
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Ryuko...thanks for the link to the Gaia forums, it's really cool! What's your username there?
Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Here, Gamesmaq (really need to get something going there again, hmm...), Sakeriver, Grenme...

City of Heroes, mostly for the beta invite. [Smile]
CyberJocks, local LAN gaming establishment.
Fragnation, local LAN party guys.
[H]ardOCP, tech news and reviews (haven't been there in a while).

I'm also a member at Bioware's forums for KOTOR and Neverwinter Nights, as well as several places for Morrowind.

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.