FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Spring Break

Author Topic: Spring Break
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

- posted      Profile for Coccinelle   Email Coccinelle         Edit/Delete Post 
It's almost that time of year again and I am antsy! Here are two questions for y'all:

1. What are your plans?(if you have a spring break)

2. If not, help me plan mine! I've got four days to play and then I need to work on my thesis. I live in Dallas amd I'll be driving to my destination with my sister. The choices right now are Memphis or New Orleans. I've never visited either city. Suggestions? Which would be better? What is there to do? I've googled both, but I'm not getting much.

Posts: 862 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
I hear Idaho is nice this time of year.
Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
*sniff* I'm not invited?
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

- posted      Profile for Coccinelle   Email Coccinelle         Edit/Delete Post 
Fortunately, I've already had the opportunity to check Idaho off my list of places to visit before I die. [Smile]
Posts: 862 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

Kat- come! It would be so much fun! can you come? Alice and I planned this last night.
knightswhosayni!
Member # 4096

- posted      Profile for knightswhosayni!   Email knightswhosayni!         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to go home and try not to fall off a horse for a whole week.

Ni!

Posts: 828 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

New Oleans is nuts! I visited there during my Air Traffic Control training in Mississippi. I don't ever want to go back, the place scared my morals straight.
Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

What made it so bad?
lcarus
Member # 4395

- posted      Profile for lcarus           Edit/Delete Post 
We're going to New Jersey! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

Well, I was there with a bunch of other new Airmen just out of Basic Training. Needless to say, three months without the world will make a wordly person go nuts. I went along to see what N'orlins was about (I was thinking parades and crawfish). When we got there, all the guys I was with went straight to the bars and left me hanging. They were my only way back to the base so I had to put up with it all night long.

That said, it might be better on Spring Break. They might clean-house when they are going to be the center of the universe for all the college people.

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
They might clean-house when they are going to be the center of the universe for all the college people.
*nods* That will probably happen. I know Florida does.

---

Nelle, I'm afraid I pouted prematurely. I think that's when my dad is coming.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HollowEarth
Member # 2586

- posted      Profile for HollowEarth   Email HollowEarth         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to alabama
Posts: 1621 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
New Orleans is fun to visit. When's your spring break, exactly?

Oh, and it's definitely a lot better than visiting during Mardi Gras. Mardi Gras is all full of drunk tourists who act like complete fools because they don't live there.

I'm spending part of mine in New York City...hooray, music business.

[ March 04, 2004, 07:36 PM: Message edited by: pH ]

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going camping with hobbes & his family. I'm way excited, especially to cook things on a fire. [Big Grin]
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
I was going to drive down and visit the University of OK with my boyfriend (My mother's idea, of all people) But they're on Spring Break the same time we are, so I'll probably just stay here.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
New Orleans = French Quarter.

Memphis = Beale Street and The Peabody. The Peabody site has a list of Memphis attractions.

Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.