FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » RotK EE shots

Author Topic: RotK EE shots
Abrynne
Member # 5826

- posted      Profile for Abrynne   Email Abrynne         Edit/Delete Post 
I wish I could understand the captions. There may be a Mouth of Sauron after all...
Click

Posts: 51 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
It looks like some of them are screens from a GBA game... [Confused]
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abrynne
Member # 5826

- posted      Profile for Abrynne   Email Abrynne         Edit/Delete Post 
Probably is. Most of this is early predicting of what it's going to have on it I guess.
Posts: 51 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foust
Member # 3043

- posted      Profile for Foust   Email Foust         Edit/Delete Post 
That's a badass looking Mouth.
Posts: 1515 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aka
Member # 139

- posted      Profile for aka   Email aka         Edit/Delete Post 
You can tell that we do get the Mouth of Sauron. When Aragorn said "For Frodo", I was sure that they all thought he was probably dead at that point, just as they must have done in the books. Also it seems clear that Eomer discovers Eowyn on the battlefield, and believes her to be dead, same as in the books. He seems to go berzerk over it.

I think the EE version is going to be much better even than the theater version, don't you? I can't wait! [Smile]

Posts: 5509 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
As I was hugely disappointed in the theater version of RotK, I hope the EE manages to patch some of its gaping holes.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I felt the same way about TT, but after seeing the EE, I like it lots.
I sure hope that's the mouth. I was sad to not have him in the movie.
But then, you can't have everything.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
As one critic said, the theatre version was just a 3hour trailer for the extended edition....

I read that the original "final cut" of RotK lasted just under 5 hours. PJ explained that they cut it down to just over 3 to get more showings in the theatres....I really hope they put the full 5 hours on the DVD, or at least most of it, because the theatre release felt awfully chopped...I still can't fathom how they won the award for best editing...

[ March 09, 2004, 02:25 AM: Message edited by: digging_holes ]

Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.