FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Article on forums...

Author Topic: Article on forums...
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm writing a feature-type article on forums in general (I couldn't write one on a forum to which I belong because that would be unethical) and was wondering if I could get some comments via email from some of you about the various forums you visit.

Some questions you could comment on:

Why do you join forums?
What do you like about forums?
What do you hate about forums?
What have the best forums had in common? What have the worst had in common?
Do you use different forums depending on how you feel?
Do you notice similar trends between forums?

...and anything else you care to comment on.

In the email, leave your Real Life name (please spell it correctly - this IS for posterity) and phone number (optional - I can always use your email for confirmation), and a little about yourself (how long you've been using forums, age, job, where you come from in your walk of life, where you're from etc.). This article is just for my journalism class, not for general publication. Your contact info will remain private and will have no paper copies, though my journalism teacher will see it to check if you're real (at random, or maybe not at all). Please be serious when you write the comments you might be quoted on - it's hard to tell when you're kidding sometimes. Thanks!

PS No spam, especially about enlarging various parts of my anatomy or preapproving me for a loan.

Jon

Email: JonnyNSB@hotmail.com

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
...because people are fascinating!!

(okay -- I'll send it in an e-mail)

Farmgirl
edit: well, tomorrow I will. Time to go home now.

[ March 10, 2004, 06:59 PM: Message edited by: Farmgirl ]

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
*bump*
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Thanks for reminding me JNSB (with the bump). Working on a paper on communication right now. Then I will get to yours....

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
JNSB,
I recently found an interesting sit on the psychology of the Internet. I will try to find it for you.
Liz

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Here it is. I thought it was interesting. i know there are a lot of these types of sites, but this one seemed easy to navigate.
Liz

http://www.rider.edu/~suler/psycyber/psycyber.html

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

Thanks Liz! That'll certainly give me something to think about!

FarmGirl - you still haven't written! [Frown] [No No]

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Yes I Did!

Sent it -- let's see -- 3:30 PM on 3/11/2004 (yesterday).

You still haven't received it? I need to know -- because I sent it from my work e-mail, and we've been having some funky problems with our Exchange server.

Farmgirl

Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Do you want to me to e-mail or do you want to interview me in person next weekend?
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

Shan - I'm sure we'll have a long conversation about a lot of things on the drive down, but I don't need you to email me anything - I turned in the article to my journalism teacher on Friday.

Thanks to everyone who replied! I definitely have a better feel for what people think about forums now!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.