FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Laramie Project

Author Topic: The Laramie Project
Bumpy
Member # 6297

- posted      Profile for Bumpy   Email Bumpy         Edit/Delete Post 
I was cast in this play just recently and am very happy. Anyone know it? It was just a coincidence we're doing it now with the whole political thing going on. We've been planning the play since last year, It almost got taken away from us too, but we fought it and now we're doing it. Just expressing my joy.

Bump.

Posts: 23 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Saw the production on HBO. The only thing I didn't like about it was that it was shot in documentary style reporting real words but using actors - it felt untrustworthy somehow because of that. But it was very powerful, especially the homecoming parade scene and Mathew's father renouncing the death penalty.

As a side note, wasn't the Catholic priest cool?

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bumpy
Member # 6297

Yeah, I wanted that part..

Bump.

Posts: 23 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't seen it performed, but I have read the play - it is an extremely powerful piece of theatre, in my opinion.

Glad you got the part, Bump.

Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill
Member # 3376

- posted      Profile for Jill   Email Jill         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw the play and loved it. I cried. I bought the script and it's one of my favorite books. It's really powerful.
And yes, I love the Catholic priest.

What parts did you get?

[ March 11, 2004, 12:45 AM: Message edited by: Jill ]

Posts: 274 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bumpy
Member # 6297

I'm Andy Paris (the interviewer guy)

Aaron Mckinney, Russel Henderson (the two attackers)

Jedadiah Shultz (The theatre student)

Dr. Cantway

Kerry Drake

Doug Laws

and Philip Dubois

there is 8 cast members and we each have about 8 characters to play.. it's going to be quite the task, and quite an experience.

Bump.

Ps- Scott's invited if he wants to come write a review on it- how about it Orson? Oregon isn't too far away...

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.