FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » AZ Bunching - now with pictures! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: AZ Bunching - now with pictures!
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm kind of from the burning hot desert, but not quite the same one... So unfortunately I can't come. [Frown]

But if you want to see ANOTHER burning hot desert, plus mountains, and greenery, and beach... all in the SAME PLACE! You should come visit me in Israel next year. We can have a JerusalemCon! [The Wave]

Wouldn't that be fun?

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
*bump*
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
I think a Jerusalem con would be awesome Raia! I would want to come, but, alas, my pocketbook would put its foot down on the the whole idea.

So, are any of you that are coming interested in bringing computers for a LAN party or do you just want to veg out to ROTK?

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
I would bring mine...are you on IM?
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

I am now!
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 

Raia, when?

<-- always wanted to go to Jerusalem

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

ludosti, what time is the get together starting? I put in the request for the time off and the manager said it shouldn't be a problem.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

I was thinking 3:00 or so.
Derrell
Member # 6062

cool. I'll ve there with chips and salsa. Are there any other types of dip I should bring?
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, it's official.

I'm officially going to try to make it. I've got to run it by the wife, but I should be able to swing by for a bit.

Email and let me know what I can bring.

Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

You should bring your wife with you, silly! [Wink]

As for what else to bring, bring whatever munchies you think would be good. I'll be providing burgers and fixings and boring drinks like lemonade and water (and if I get ambitious, something like cookies or brownies), PSI is bringing pork chops, Darrell is bringing chips and dip.

Send me an email (since you didn't put an email address in your profile, I can't send you an email first) telling me where you're coming from and I'll give you directions.

[ March 15, 2004, 04:57 PM: Message edited by: ludosti ]

Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
Alright, having heard nothings, and the supposed arrivial date has come and gone, count me in for this whole bunching thing. I'll bring some sort of fingerfood as mentioned previously. And myself of course.

So, I suppose I'll need directions E-mailed to me. Assume I'll be coming south on 101, and start me off from there.

So, I'll keep peeking in, and watching for further developments.

Feyd Baron, DoC

Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay, Feyd is coming! We're getting alot of people here. [Smile]
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

My wife is cool with it, and I'm bringing something for dessert.
Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Yay! *claps*

<--Likes chocolate and/or cherries. [Big Grin]

Derrell
Member # 6062

This is cool. Are any other kinds of cfhips anyone wants besides tortilla chips and sour cream & onion? How about dips?
ludosti
Member # 1772

Alright! It looks like we should have a pretty good turn-out! Everybody should have directions - if you need any clarification (or my phone number if you're prone to getting lost), let me know.

Darrell - I know that I, for one, will be perfectly happy with the sour cream and onion chips and tortilla chips with salsa and since no one else has said otherwise, my opinion is the only one that matters. [Evil]

peterh
Member # 5208

Your directions were great ludosti.

I drove right by earlier today (I work a few miles away and was driving by to get to the freeway) and saw the streets just fine.

ps. that flaming bag of you know what on your porch had nothing to do with me...

*etidid 4 splelnig*

[ March 17, 2004, 10:56 AM: Message edited by: peterh ]

ludosti
Member # 1772

[Eek!] Oh no! Peter did a drive-by on my house! [Wink]

It really is quite simple to get to my house - I don't know of anyone that's ever gotten lost driving there.

Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I think a Jerusalem con would be awesome Raia! I would want to come, but, alas, my pocketbook would put its foot down on the the whole idea.
Yeah, that would be the only problem in trying to organize this... it is a little bit costly. [Frown] But it would be awesome if you COULD come visit me, ludosti!

quote:
Raia, when?

<-- always wanted to go to Jerusalem

Well, I'm gonna be there all next year! So whenever is convenient for you, basically! But if we do have a Con, then whenever is also convenient for everyone else.

This does not really belong in this thread, methinks I will start a new one... [Big Grin]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

So, I'm going to be going my grocery shopping tomorrow. Are there any last requests for eats and drinks?

On a related note - one of the grocery stores has 2 liters of Coke products (Coke, Dr. Pepper, Sprite, etc.) really cheap - does anyone want me to pick up any of them?

So far, we've got burgers and fixings, pork chops (PSI), chips and salsa (Darrell), sausage balls (Feyd). I've got carrots, strawberries and grapes for munching. Peter is bringing dessert. I'll have lemonade, water, milk, and whatever Coke products you'd like and PSI is bringing some DP. Anything else we need?

[ March 18, 2004, 04:40 PM: Message edited by: ludosti ]

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

I have a twelve pack of DP already but you can pick up Coke or something if you want, I'd probably help drain it. [Big Grin]

So 3:00, right?

ludosti
Member # 1772

Yes, 3:00. I should have my house cleaned by then... [Wink]
Derrell
Member # 6062

Yay, it's almost Saturday.
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

*bump* for Shigosei...I'm not sure which terminal you're coming in at so I won't be able to find you. [Smile]
ludosti
Member # 1772

Do you know which airline she is flying in on?
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

No, unfortunately.
ludosti
Member # 1772

Hmmm.... Then you can't figure out which terminal... [Frown]
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Let's use our adorable person detector! She is so adorable! [Smile]
peterh
Member # 5208

*shameless bump*

I'm thinking chocolate chip cookies, is that cool?

ludosti
Member # 1772

That should be good. I'll probably make some lemon squares (since I have more lemons than I know what to do with - my parent's tree really went nuts this year). [Smile]
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

*bump*

I'm about to become a real jatraquero! Do I get a plaque or something?

Derrell
Member # 6062

Good question, PSI. What does one get when one becomes a real Hatracker?
peterh
Member # 5208

The answer that most would give is "whenever you decide to call yourself one".

I tend to agree. I was a lurker and an infrequent poster before I started playing Martian Mafia. It's mostly been since Christmas time for me that I've been an active particpant here, and only in the last month have I felt like I understood enough of the inside jokes to feel like I was a part of the group.

PSI - Suggestions for plaque:
1. don't brush teeth for a week
2. eat lots of greasy foods.

or were you thinking of some other plaque?

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Well, NOW I'm thinking of the plague. [Razz]
Derrell
Member # 6062

Tomorrow's the big day. Woohoo!
ludosti
Member # 1772

Lemonade has been made. Lemon squares have not. My kitchen has been cleaned. The living room has not. The weeds in the front yard have been pulled. The weeds in the back yard have not. [Smile]
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

So there will still be something for me to do?

*rubs hands together excitedly*

added: Nothing on Shigosei, by the way.

[ March 19, 2004, 07:14 PM: Message edited by: PSI Teleport ]

ludosti
Member # 1772

Yes, you will be able to sit on my couch and watch ROTK. [Wink]

Actually, I'm probably going to cut the grass tomorrow so you won't even be able to see the weeds anymore. [Razz]

peterh
Member # 5208

Didn't Shigosei say on the last page that she wash't going to be able to make it; that her plane didn't land til 7:00 pm?

Yup, just checked. She did.

Or am I out of the loop on this?

Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
So does this mean I'm going to be the only fake Arizonan Jatraquero?
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you and Shigoesi to an extent if she doesn't catch Psi for coffee.

Oh, and by the way. I'm declaring the sausage balls to be the second largest cooking disaster in my life. While they are edible, they are pretty dry. During the second batch, I also had to pull the smoke detector out of the wall for making too much noise. I hope it resets itself and doesn't continue going off when I (and if I can) hook it back up.

See y'all tomorrow.

Feyd Baron, DoC

Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, everyone, sorry I haven't been checking the thread. My flight should be in at six rather than seven. I'm flying America West, which I think is terminal four. I saw a starbucks coffee outside of security as I was flying out. Does that time and place work for you? It should probably be more like 6:30 because I'll need to get my bags.

You should also know that my flight has never been on time. I might not get to the airport until 9 pm.

Oh, and I'm real...true, I haven't met other people from Arizona, but I've met enough people that there should be a chain back to you if you are real.

[ March 20, 2004, 02:47 AM: Message edited by: Shigosei ]

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

It's almost here. [Big Grin]
slacker
Member # 2559

- posted      Profile for slacker   Email slacker         Edit/Delete Post 
Smeg, I have to wake up early tomorrow so that I can be awake and sociable (I doubt it'd be very much fun to be playing burger flipper when I'm half asleep). Oh well, the sacrifices we make to be social little monkeys.
Posts: 851 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

[Kiss] Don't I have a good husband? He will wake up early to be sociable for me (for a gathering of people I met on the internet, no less). [Smile]

Everybody still has their directions, right?

[ March 20, 2004, 10:56 AM: Message edited by: ludosti ]

Derrell
Member # 6062

OK, it's your last chance to tell me what kind of chips and or dips you want me to bring. I have tortilla chips and sour cream & onion. Plus I'm bringing mild, medium and hot salsa. Anything else I should bring? I'll be making a run to the store on my way.
Derrell
Member # 6062

Is anyone bringing a camera? We should record this get together and put the pictures on Foobonic.
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Gah! I don't have one!
Derrell
Member # 6062

I was thinking of bringing one of those disposable cameras. After I get it developed, I could email pictures to anyone who wants them.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.