next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Pilots

Author Topic: Pilots
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone here know any pilots?

Pilots

I always wanted to learn how to fly. I'm told it's really fun.

[ March 13, 2004, 09:49 PM: Message edited by: Strider ]

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
I no a pilot
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tstorm
Member # 1871

- posted      Profile for Tstorm   Email Tstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I know more pilots than I can count. That's what happens when you attend a college of technology and aviation. I've only flown with one of them, a brief flight in a small plane (post-graduation, different city, private plane, not the school's [Razz] ) I know some pilots that I wouldn't trust to fly with, and I know plenty of pilot jokes. So, what's it to ya? [Smile]
Posts: 1813 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
My little brother has his pilots license. With different levels, he just got his instrument rating, but I'm not sure if he has his multi-engine rating yet.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
We (Porter, I, and our three kids) just got to go flying today! We won this flight with a local pilot as a door prize last year and had been waiting for good weather. It was a bit crowded, but what a supreme experience. Flew up in the canyons.
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh - how was it bev? Did the kids have fun?
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

Sanford, our 4-year-old, was really able to appreciate it. Porter held our 3-year-old who had moments of being excited and upset, then ultimately fell asleep. I held my 9 month old who just wanted to eat my headset. She was a bit of a handfull.

When we entered the first canyon, it was so incredible passing through these two hulking mountains. The winds caused us to bounce a bit, and my old fear of heights started to creep up on me. I began thinking, "Crap! We could die doing this!" I was worried that I was going to have to fight off full-blown panic mode, and baby Ivy being fussy right at that moment didn't help.

Now that I am on the ground, I regret being so scared because I missed fully appreciating the miracle that we were experiencing. Don't know when or if we will ever do that again--wondeful experience.

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

BTW, Annie, sure was nice to meet you. I really regret not being able to socialize more. It seems %50 of the time or more I was having to care for a child.

Glad I got to meet y'all, and next time I'm getting a babysitter!

Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
I know a few pilots. Most of them fly jets tho.
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
[Razz] at Kama.
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah sure, edit the post, why should you care about my feelings [Roll Eyes]

[Razz]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm half a pilot. Only got the opportunity to go through the first of two courses for my private pilot's liscense. Oh, and my uncle is a 747 captain for Northwest. And this girl from my high school was/is a pilot, though I don't really know her anymore. If you do get the chance, I highly recommend it. Great fun, though that first solo can be a little nervewracking.

-Mike

Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taberah
Member # 4014

- posted      Profile for Taberah           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in training at the moment. It's a blast. With any luck, I'll get to solo next week.
Posts: 224 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keedokes
Member # 6301

- posted      Profile for keedokes   Email keedokes         Edit/Delete Post 
one of my best friends is going to graduate from embry riddle at the end of the semester. i rather trust him more when i'm on the back of his motorcycle rather that in an airplane, however [Smile]
Posts: 79 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
I happen to know that Strider is really tickled that his dobie turned into a legitimate thread [Wink]
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
(Hi, keedokes. Welcome to Hatrack! [Smile] )

Does it count if you were enchanted by A Gift of Wings and Stranger to the Ground?

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.