FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Goodbye Cold, Cruel Hatrack (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Goodbye Cold, Cruel Hatrack
Jacare Sorridente
Member # 1906

- posted      Profile for Jacare Sorridente   Email Jacare Sorridente         Edit/Delete Post 
A thread Slash recently posted so completely offended me that I have decided that Hatrack is no longer the place for me.

What kind of world is this where the SON of the man who pays for this board actually encourages the whiny and self-indulgent to leave?

And so, I am going never to return.

well, except to check who comes to this thread and asks me to stay.

Posts: 4548 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tristan
Member # 1670

- posted      Profile for Tristan   Email Tristan         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't let the door hit you on your way out!

[ March 17, 2004, 08:31 AM: Message edited by: Tristan ]

Posts: 896 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Please stay!

Please please please please please..... We need more portuguese speakers on the board.

I think (actually, I know) Slash was joking.

Plus, Slash isn't Geoff. Much as they would both like it to be that way. [Smile]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacare Sorridente
Member # 1906

- posted      Profile for Jacare Sorridente   Email Jacare Sorridente         Edit/Delete Post 
Hatrack has a door?

I've been here nearly three years and I never knew that. No wonder I'm leaving.

Posts: 4548 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
We're each entitled to our opinions and positions here and that's why I respect this place. Even if I don't agree with everything I read, I agree that the people here are still worth knowing.

Sorry you're upset, but you're entitled to leave if you want and I wish you well.

Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

I just saw the thread... Ok, now I get it.

I'm not changing my post though, because I think I've stumbled onto a fundamental truth here. Geoff is suffering from Slash-wannabeism! Or the other way around.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

- posted      Profile for lcarus           Edit/Delete Post 
¡Váyase ya, tonto! He estado esperando que usted se iría por años.

--|--

Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
After seeing that you were leaving, Jacare, I have to say I've never agreed with Slash more.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

Yeah, well you weren't threatening to leave, were you?

--|-- right back atcha - and I'll have you know it's my first Mack-style flip off, so feel honoured.

Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
Boa viagem!

[Wave]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
*helps Jacare pack*

[Wave]
FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacare Sorridente
Member # 1906

I guess now I know who my REAL friends are.

quote:
¡Váyase ya, tonto! He estado esperando que usted se iría por años.
Y tu me llamas de tonto a mi? No has estado aqui sino uno año no más. Por eso y por tu insensátez total, me quedaré aqui más mil años.

quote:
After seeing that you were leaving, Jacare, I have to say I've never agreed with Slash more.
You're just bitter because I was going to get you killed off in mafia. You know very well that if I left you would soon die from grief.

quote:
Boa viagem!
Na verdade não é uma viagem em si, pois não estaria fazendo nada mais que deixar de visitar um certo sítio na rede, mas de qualquer forma obrigado pelo sentimento.
Jacare Sorridente
Member # 1906

Imogen- you qualify as one of the soft-hearted Hatrackers Slash was talking about. Thanks for the kind sentiments.

Farmgirl- Dadgummit! I said DON'T mix the underwear with the scuba diving equipment.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Farmgirl- Dadgummit! I said DON'T mix the underwear with the scuba diving equipment.
[ROFL]

Is that chain mesh underwear? Don't leave home without it.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacare Sorridente
Member # 1906

quote:
Is that chain mesh underwear? Don't leave home without it.
D'oh! I knew I was forgetting something.
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]

Well, I personally have always enjoyed your posts...

And I'm always always sad to see someone go...

And I didn't read that thread by Slash, I don't think, but I, for one, will miss you when and if you do leave...

However, you're free to do what you want, so if you do go, good luck wherever you end up! [Group Hug]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
In the interests of making this a better forum, please fill out this exit survey:

1. How long have you been a member of Hatrack?
  2. Were you welcomed warmly when you joined Hatrack?
  3. Were you eaten by Slash when you arrived?
  4. Have you ever been offended by a thread on Hatrack? Please list thread topics below. You may use additional posts if necessary.
  5. Have you met Orson Scott Card in person? If yes, do you think he looks like Geoff?
  6. Have you ever been lynched in a mafia game?
  7. Would you like to be?
  8. Do Balrogs have wings?
  9. Did anyone post on your goodbye thread begging you to stay?
  10. If no, did that have a bearing in your decision to leave?
  11. Honestly, are you intimidated by the level of intelligence at hatrack? Are your feelings of inadequacy the real reason you are leaving?
  12. Are there any messages you would like to leave behind for particular jatraqueros?
Thank you for completing this exit survey. Your responses will help us make Hatrack a better forum experience for all.

Good luck, and please remember that should you decide to return to hatrack, you will need to pass through newbie initiation again. Please wear your fire retardant clothing and come prepared to recite the lineages of Elrond, Lord of Rivendell, and use the six degrees of separation to connect Frodo Bagins with Saddam Hussein.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Boy, do I ever feel like a butthead.
Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacare Sorridente
Member # 1906

quote:
How long have you been a member of Hatrack?
Were you welcomed warmly when you joined Hatrack?
Were you eaten by Slash when you arrived?
Have you ever been offended by a thread on Hatrack? Please list thread topics below. You may use additional posts if necessary.
Have you met Orson Scott Card in person? If yes, do you think he looks like Geoff?
Have you ever been lynched in a mafia game?
Would you like to be?
Do Balrogs have wings?
Did anyone post on your goodbye thread begging you to stay?
If no, did that have a bearing in your decision to leave?
Honestly, are you intimidated by the level of intelligence at hatrack? Are your feelings of inadequacy the real reason you are leaving?
Are there any messages you would like to leave behind for particular jatraqueros?

1- About three years
2-Well, let's see. Olivet and Bonduca mocked me mercilessly, but I survived it. So yeah, my welcome was warm.
3- Slash didn't really start eating newbies until later. I did at one point try to associate myself with Slash as a fellow reptilian. He was pretty much indifferent. That feeling has pretty much characterized our relationship since then.
4- Do you mean other than Slash's thread? I am offended at all times by Eddie/Lalo/Whiteshoes. I was offended by Jeff Getzin a time or two back when we were nemesises (Nemesi?)
5- I met OSC once and was deeply, heartbreaking disapointed when he wasn't sure how to spell Jacaré. However, I've never met Geoff in person.
6-I get lynched in nearly EVERY mafia game, with the rare exception of the ones I am sheriff in in which case I am always forced to reveal my identity to avoid lynching. I was even lynched as moderator once. I guess I just have an aura of victim about me.
7- Sure, I guess I kinda enjoy it.
8- If Balrogs have wings they are purely vestigial since Gandalf beat one by throwing him off high places twice.
9- Why yes, yes they did.
10-Not really since my leaving thread is just an ironic joke.
11-Since I am the very smartest person at Hatrack I am intimidated by no one.
12-I'd attribute it more to hubris than inadequacy
13-To all Hatrackers who took this thread seriously and begged me to stay:
I think I will.
Now please turn up the sensitivity on your irony detectors.

Jacare Sorridente
Member # 1906

Sopwith- what does a butthead feel like?
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
*thwaps Jacare*

That was a dirty trick. [Mad]

Oh well.

Welcome back! [Wave]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I get lynched in nearly EVERY mafia game, with the rare exception of the ones I am sheriff in in which case I am always forced to reveal my identity to avoid lynching. I was even lynched as moderator once. I guess I just have an aura of victim about me.
Don't forget the time you could have changed your vote and been saved since the ENTIRE mafia but you voted to lynch someone else...

I'm still bitter about that one [Wink] .

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Jacare -- doesn't feel bad, but it's hard to find a good hat that fits...
Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
de nada
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I guess I missed the joke too, could someone please link to the thread that Slash said whatever he said in?

[Confused]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] link for bob

[ March 17, 2004, 10:04 AM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Since this is loosely about Mafia, too, I should point out that EVERYONE should ask Sara (CT) about her Mafia experience. [Smile] It's rather hysterical.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I guess I just have an aura of victim about me.
No, it's more of an aura of "guilty". Seriously.

Maybe I should have put this in Slash's thread.

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

Alas, I feel that I played a part in CT's bad, bad mafia experience. I think I rattled her cage a bit too hard.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

- posted      Profile for lcarus           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Y tu me llamas de tonto a mi? No has estado aqui sino uno año no más.
[ROFL]

Parece que no te acuerdas del hilo, hace casi tres años ya, en cual David Bowles pensaba que yo verdaderamente estaba encabronado cuando solo estaba bromeando con tigo.

(Este nombre--Lcarus--es uno temporario porque no me da gana pasar cinco mil postes con mi nombre regular.)

. . . se me ocurre que quizás, si mi insensibilidad te hace querer quedarte para fastidiar, sé como sacarte de aqui . . .

(((((((((((Jacare)))))))))))

[Taunt]

Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
I love this thread. [Big Grin]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

quote:
Este nombre--Lcarus
Hey look, it's Lickarus!! And that was all I understood.

Post in German, I'd have a better chance then...

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Zan, it was HYSTERICAL. She came over to our place and told us the story, and so I'm like, "So, Zan's the godfather, right, or at least one of the Mafia? Because it doesn't make any sense otherwise," and she looks all surprised and says, "But that'd mean he was LYING."

So I slapped my forehead at that point. [Smile]

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

edit to say I have no idea what you're talking about

[ March 17, 2004, 11:53 AM: Message edited by: zgator ]

Jacare Sorridente
Member # 1906

Thanks for the confirmation Tom. I knew that dirty Zan was some kinda bad guy, and I guessed that he was the godfather. Now I know
[Smile]

Jacare Sorridente
Member # 1906

quote:
Este nombre--Lcarus--es uno temporario porque no me da gana pasar cinco mil postes con mi nombre regular.
No usas siempre el mismo nombre? Estoy disilludido. Estoy acabrunado. Que deshonestidad!

quote:
se me ocurre que quizás, si mi insensibilidad te hace querer quedarte para fastidiar, sé como sacarte de aqui . . .

(((((((((((Jacare)))))))))))

Si supiera que para ganar un abrazo solamente faltaba te insultar, tendria te atacado anos atras
ladyday
Member # 1069

- posted      Profile for ladyday   Email ladyday         Edit/Delete Post 
HEY!

*spanks Jacare, Tom, and Zan*

Guys, come on! Jeez!

Posts: 1676 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacare Sorridente
Member # 1906

[Taunt]
ladyday
Member # 1069

- posted      Profile for ladyday   Email ladyday         Edit/Delete Post 
Alas, I can't stop you from being bad on hatrack.

I hope you like salad.

Posts: 1676 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Mmmmmm... salad...

PS> Slash is the son of OSC?? [Eek!]

[ March 17, 2004, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: Telperion the Silver ]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

I said nothing. I revealed nothing. Just because Tom and Jacare are deluded, doesn't mean I should get chastised.

I'm sure there will be enough of that to around after the game is complete.

Jacare Sorridente
Member # 1906

It was just Tom who was bad, and he isn't even playing. I merely confirmed what Tom said.
zgator
Member # 3833

I merely sent CT a message as a concerned townie applauding her efforts in killing those dastardly mafia and threatening her life if she didn't continue to do so. Is it my fault she turned out not to be the SK?
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Bwahahahahaahahaha-snort-hahahahahaha!

Jacare, I still have the tutu [Razz]

Now I miss Bonduca all over again. Teasing you with her was one of the best online experiences of my life. *wipes tear*

Off-ing Jacare in Mafia games is practically a sport all it's own. [Big Grin] It's not that you seem like a victim, or that you seem guilty. It's that we all hate you. [Evil]

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
grinch
Member # 6034

- posted      Profile for grinch   Email grinch         Edit/Delete Post 
Zan was not lying. I have to edit this because I can't say anything starting with the word M without being accused of cheating by someone.
-pooka

[ March 17, 2004, 02:29 PM: Message edited by: grinch ]

Posts: 18 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
*traps some weasels*

Oh, great. Now my post makes even less sense than before.

[ March 17, 2004, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: Jon Boy ]

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It's not that you seem like a victim, or that you seem guilty. It's that we all hate you.
Well, it sounds like we'll only miss the entertainment that you provided in your immense stupidity.
[Evil Laugh]

But feel free to come back any time. I don't dislike you, I just dislike the fact that your leaving just to entertain us and to make a statement about Slash, who may be cruel at times, but he is entertaining.

Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacare Sorridente
Member # 1906

quote:
It's not that you seem like a victim, or that you seem guilty. It's that we all hate you.
Aha! At least now we have it pinned down. Well, someone has to be lynched in mafia. It is good to know that I am a necessary and contributing part of society.

Oh yeah, and burn the tutu.

Or better yet, use it on Stryker.

[ March 17, 2004, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: Jacare Sorridente ]

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It is good to know that I am a necessary and contributing part of society.
Aww, that's a sweet delusion!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.