FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Private thread to dkw -- nobody else look in here (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Private thread to dkw -- nobody else look in here
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

(finally figured it out, except for location, i think. But, heck, even if I'm wrong, the <grin> still applies, since I get a kick out of watching you two get a kick out of each other.)

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
We aim to please!

[Big Grin]

My cheek muscles are hurting from all the grinning. Sheesh!

Even responding to RFPs (request for proposals)can't get me down.

<Bob goes back to considering whether it's worthwhile to bid on a project knowing he'll say yes mainly because the required travel would put him within driving distance of dkw at least twice in the coming year...>

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Well duh, that's a no brainer.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Which is good because I have no brain left.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
::considers issuing an RFP::

::decides that would be inappropriate::

[ March 19, 2004, 10:37 AM: Message edited by: dkw ]

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooo!! brazen, dkw, brazen!

I like it! [ROFL]

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

379 / 9096 / 545760 / 32745600
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

I wish I had gotten that in the OOC thread before it was changed.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

Does that mean you saw it before it was changed?

(assuming you're refering to my post)

Edit -- 'cause if not, I don't think I changed what you think I changed. It was just an edit for word choice.

[ March 19, 2004, 11:05 AM: Message edited by: dkw ]

zgator
Member # 3833

Yes. Yes I did.

You should be ashamed. [Embarrassed]

dkw
Member # 3264

I thought we already determined in Storm’s thread that I have absolutely no shame on this subject.
sndrake
Member # 4941

[Frown] (Didn't get to see the original)
Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

The original was inaccurate.
zgator
Member # 3833

That is not something you should know at this point in the relationship, young lady.
dkw
Member # 3264

You are right on so many levels.

I guess you actually did see it.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

[Big Grin]

I personally would like to have at least ONE date with dkw before exchanging rings...

[Razz]

Oh, and the trouble with RFPs is you legally have to open them up to any qualified bidder. And the bids (minus the cost proposal section) usually become public property.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

<wishes he'd seen it!>
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
*and the lowest bid wins!*

[Big Grin]

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

[Wall Bash] [Wall Bash] [Wall Bash]
dkw
Member # 3264

I was kind of planning on rigging the bidding process.

Don’t tell the auditor. [Monkeys]

Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Trust us, you two, this bid will become pupblic property, of Hatrack at least.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
at least dkw gets to keep the proposal.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

[ROFL]

and zan, what is pupblic? Was that some sort of weird Freudian slip?

sndrake
Member # 4941

quote:
Don’t tell the auditor.
In other words, you want to hide the fact that this is really an RFB. [Wink]
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Gawd, Stephen, you're getting cutesier than us!

(and that takes some doing, let me tell you!)

edit: mispelled cutesier...

probably still did.

probably misspelled mispelled

[ March 19, 2004, 05:46 PM: Message edited by: Bob_Scopatz ]

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob, two things:

One. In the lyrics thread, when I posted that you had posted to the lyrics thread and then, when I proclaimed "Yahoo!" I really meant Yay! I was not calling you a yahoo. That has been worrying me ever since.

Two. I just read the cartoon thread. There was a lot about Spongebob, and my evil mind made you a new name, for when "Scopez" wears out:

SpongeBob Scopantz.

Sorry to use this thread in this way, but I figured you would be back in here, and I would have your undivided attention, so that is that.

Liz

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

[ROFL]
[ROFL] [ROFL]
[ROFL] [ROFL] [ROFL]

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
So now this is the Memo to Bob thread?

*makes a note*

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

quote:
Gawd, Stephen, you're getting cutesier than us!

(and that takes some doing, let me tell you!)

Take that back! [Mad]

[Big Grin]

Must be channelling memories. I was pretty much in your position back in late 1996 through the fall of 1997, when Diane and I fell for each other and struggled with a long-distance relationship (but still about 400 miles closer than you and Dana are).

Was a surprising and wondrous time...

Not as surprising any more, and sometimes the wonder gets taken for granted. No downside. It's a different time, but still very good. [Smile]

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Stephen,

[Big Grin]

If we stayed twitterpated forever, people would simply shun us. But it is fun while it's happening.

[Big Grin]

If you can get a vicarious giddiness buzz off of us, dude, go for it!!!

rivka
Member # 4859

Silly Bob. One doesn't shun twitterpated people -- would they even notice if you did? [Wink]

Nah, one simply points and laughs. An you don't even have to do it behind their backs or anything. [Evil]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

[ROFL]

You've got a point.

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Once, while my then-boyfriend and I were coming out of a movie theater, we saw a middle-aged couple standing near the road. The woman reached over and spanked the man right on the butt, right out in public. It was the greatest moment of my life. We laughed and laughed and we were so happy for them, it was great. I hope I'm like that when I'm all old. [Wink]
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Psi...if the greatest moment of your life involves middle-aged people spanking each other in public, I really think you might want to check out some other types of Bulletin Boards.

[Wink]

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
You weren't there, Bob. It was AWESOME. [Big Grin]
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

five
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
PSI T,

What, exactly, is middle-aged? This is an important question for me.

Bob,
When you and DKW get into the rythm of being together, and you feel things need a boost, just have a big concert for her fortieth birthday. It will earn you at least ten years of "hand."(in the Seinfeldian way)

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

130! 7800! 468000!
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Liz! Now you've done gone and spoiled the surprise.

[Wink]

sndrake
Member # 4941

Bob and Dana,

124? 2976? 178560? (rounded off)

[ March 20, 2004, 04:29 PM: Message edited by: sndrake ]

dkw
Member # 3264

Nope. Either

124 / 7440 / 446400

or

378 / 9072 / 544320 / 32659200

depending on what you’re asking. [Wink]

sndrake
Member # 4941

[Grumble] thought I had it for a minute - think I did something wrong in transcribing.

There's a reason my verbal scores are way higher than my math scores in the GRE.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Jeez woman...Just GIVE it away why don't you!!!

[Razz]

[ROFL]

Stephen...quit asking! We'll tell you in an e-mail if you want.

or...you can 5/7338

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Oh, Stephen, did you have to take the "Miller Analogies" test when you were applying to Grad School? How'd you do on that?

5/7334 includes an analogies test, so you may want to wait for that and see if you can get it.

sndrake
Member # 4941

Don't remember "Miller Analogies" - I ended up with a ridiculously high percentile ranking on the verbal part of GRE. 60th for math.

(However, I failed the part about marking your name, address, etc down with the appropriate pencil mark - that part of the test is timed for your motor ability.) It took me two months later than other people to get my test results.

dkw
Member # 3264

Your math was good. One of your premises was wrong. Check your units.

[Big Grin]

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

um...I don't understand. Because you needed extra time to bubble in your name, they delayed you getting your results?

Weird.

When I taught at University of Central Florida, I had one student with multiple special needs for taking tests. She had diminished sight and epilepsy. She also had the highest grade in the class before suffering a gran mal seizure and having to miss the last half of the semester. I actually learned a lot about what a school (or testing center) can do to help students who aren't able to finish in the required time or need assistance of readers or devices. It was really very painless for the instructor since we could just drop off our normal test and let the student and the test center work out the rest.

It seems like the GRE ought to be at least as sophisticated as a school like UCF -- not high on the list of enlightened places in the universe. Although their stock rose dramatically when I found out about how they did their job in the test center. Very cool.

Oh well.

sndrake
Member # 4941

quote:
um...I don't understand. Because you needed extra time to bubble in your name, they delayed you getting your results?

*sigh* It wasn't really their fault. At this point, I was only just beginning to come to grips with the subtle but pervasive differences in my motor functioning.

During the SATs, they gave us a LOT of time to fill in the bubbles for our names and stuff. The time allocated in the GRE's, a different group than the ones taking the SATs, is less - but it's not a formal thing. They asked if anyone was still working on the info on first part of the test. Three times. The last two times they asked I was the only one affected. I rushed through that part due to my own awkwardness and failure to deal with the issue. (It's a little harder to explain in my case too, since I don't seem to have any difficulties - at least on casual observation.)

There wasn't an issue with the rest of the test, which has been timed based on the cognitive demands of the test. My reading comprehension skills are sufficiently above average that they more than compensate for the lag in my motor skills.

Anyway, back to fluffy twitterpating between you and Dana. Is fun to watch. I think I'll just shut up and enjoy for awhile. [Smile]

[ March 20, 2004, 05:12 PM: Message edited by: sndrake ]

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Well, there go my plans for a bubble form survey on how great Dana is.

[Smile]

Although, if you needed extra time to tell us how great she is, that'd be okay too.

[Wink]

rivka
Member # 4859

*idly wonders if anyone else feels a sudden desire to sing a particular song from Rent*
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.