FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Lifetime Movies

Author Topic: Lifetime Movies
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
Am I the only guy whose wife gives him dirty looks for like two hours after she watches a Lifetime movie?
Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't experienced this yet, but maybe I should perform a pre-emptive strike and block that channel. [Evil]
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
*snort*

I had a friend who called it the AMS channel.

I asked him what that meant.

All Men are Scum.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
If Mama puts on Lifetime, it's my free pass to spend time on Hatrack while she watches both kids. Sort of an unspoken agreement that she's not allowed to force me to remain in the room when she's watching it. Same with the Health channel (Baby Story et al). No dirty looks, though, unless the children are being more disagreeable than usual.

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
graywolfe
Member # 3852

- posted      Profile for graywolfe   Email graywolfe         Edit/Delete Post 
"Am I the only guy whose wife gives him dirty looks for like two hours after she watches a Lifetime movie?"

The unofficial "Jo Beth Williams" Channell. If it involves abduction, verbal abuse, physical abuse and/or rape it's on Lifetime. They've been cleaning it up lately, but it was an extraordinarily bizarre channel for a very long time. I think H:Lots used to be on it, which is just bizarre, boy do I miss that show. They do show Koontz TV Movies from time to time which is a guilty pleasure of mine.

Posts: 752 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
It showed (or shows?) Mad About You. Other than that, it's a waste of a channel (imhyesco).
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
I know TONS of women who won't go to bed until they've watched Golden Girls.

My wife isn't one of them. Apparently, she's just there for the movies.

Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I can only remember one Lifetime movie...it was about fifteen year olds who give each other syphillis. [Eek!]
Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
They both gave each other syphillis? That's pretty impressive. How does that work -- some sort of abiogenesis? [Wink]
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

quote:
I can only remember one Lifetime movie...it was about fifteen year olds who give each other syphillis.
To date, there have been 114 separate Lifetime movies about that. This is what I'm talking about....
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
Really? I thought there was one about good parents getting charged with child abuse.
Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.