FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Sun Chips: Yes or No? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Sun Chips: Yes or No?
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
*flyingtacklehug*
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
My father was allergic to poison ivy, and to the sap, skin, and seeds of mangos, but he could eat the fruit with no problem.
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
mack, thanks. You made it better. [Smile]

Ela, that's the way it often works, I think. Makes eating mango off the skin likely to cause little blistery areas around the mouth, but if the skin is completely removed first, then no problem. Weird, huh? (I pieced this together when I first noticed recurrent perioral irritation in myself. A food diary helped me track down the culprit, and then I went on investigation. Since then, I've diagnosed it in a kid. Made me look very chi-chi smartypants. [Big Grin] )

Off to work. Again, thanks for the cheerup. I needed a boost tonight.

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CT
Member # 8342

- posted      Profile for CT           Edit/Delete Post 
The Wasa love is with me today.
Posts: 831 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
CT?

issat you? *squints*

and yes, sun chips of all flavors for me.

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CT
Member # 8342

Hey, Jim-Me! *grin

How are you doing? I am in post-Wasa bliss, having topped some with a nice white cheddar for an afternoon snack. Life is good.

Posts: 831 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Wasa is da bomb.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

it sounds like an excellent day...

*tacklehugs CT* I was just blabbering incoherently about you in another thread, today!

I'm doing well... much has happened... hope you've been well?

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

CT, did you get my emails at your work account? Just wonderin')

My favorite cracker of all time is Ak Mak.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CT
Member # 8342

I have been well. *big hug Lots on my plate for today, though. (paperwork, phone calls, packing for a short trip, etc) I'm glad you are doing well, too.

Elizabeth, I received the forwarded emails. Jimminy cricket, I'm so sorry I'd missed them. I will write a long update tonight. [Smile]

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

No worries, just wondered.

I made hummus today. Could you put hummus on a Sun chip? I think not!

Incidentally, this reminds me of a taste combination I had by accident that seemed harmless, but which almost made me hurl. Do NOT try it!

A potato chip with onion dip, followed by immediately by a tortilla chip with guacamole. Ahhhhhhhh....

Jim-Me
Member # 6426

I like Ritz...

*ducks hail of incoming stone-ground wheat crackers...*

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Ritz is the best for tomato soup, period.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

There is a cracker which sends me back to Marcelyn's house when I was 5-8. She would serve them every time I popped in. Townhouse crackers. I can never have one without thinking of her.
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
YES to Sun Chips. Original or Harvest Cheddar. No onion, because of the allergies.
Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CT
Member # 8342

Ak Mak stands up to hummus with panache. I've also had moments of love with a FinnCrisp and some white bean dip.

You know what would have made that even worse, Elizabeth? If the potato chip were a sour-cream-and-cheddar version. (tryittryittryit [/subliminal])

Jim-Me, it's okay. Ritz is good in a I'm-gonna-die-anyway kind of way. Slippery buttery trans-fat yumness. [Unfortunately, I really can't eat just one! I can eat just one Wasa, though. Wonder why that is?]

CT
Member # 8342

(hi, xnera! *waving)
xnera
Member # 187

*waves back* [Smile]
Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
*hates Sun Chips, but loves Bugles*
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mindbowels
Member # 7407

- posted      Profile for Mindbowels           Edit/Delete Post 
I say yes.
Posts: 57 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

thanks for the absolution, CT! and thanks for showing back up!
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
no cheddar (or any cheese like stuff) on any chips, yuck, but I do really like original and french onion sun chips.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I vote no.

Pringles all the way!!!! Woot!

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

Pringles are good, too. I had some for lunch today. [Big Grin]

I used to LOVE Bugles when I was a kid, but I don't like them as much now.

I have a very strong craving for Original Sun Chips now. Darn you, mack! *shakes fist*

Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
An old friend of mine's brother is the inventor of Sun Chips. He worked for Frito Lays' R and D department and was tasked with finding snacks that would be inexpensive to make.

Well... he noticed that since all of the Fritos and Lay's potato chips (plus other savory snacks) used the same conveyor system in the plants and all dropped tons of crumbs into the clean catcher bins... Just take the crumbs, blend them well, process them into shapes and cook 'em... voila`, you've got a "multi-grain" snack food!

Instant product with no new costs. (Of course they are made with straight product now instead of the crumbs -- demand was too high for the crumbs alone to keep up with the need).

My friend's brother probably has a summer home bought from the Sun Chips bonus he got.

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
Sopwith, I've heard that's how they make Munchos. So, I doubt the truth of both claims and wonder if snopes has an article on them.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

I just went and bought potato chips out of our vending machine.... .just because of this thread!

*sigh* my willpower is so weak.

...ummm... Lay's original classic.

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. I won't eat potato chips, but Sun Chips are always tasty. (not to say there aren't better things, but Sun Chips are most acceptable)
Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Well, PC -- both Munchos and Sun Chips are made by Frito-Lay. So I don't see why both can't use the same process...

FG

Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
YES.
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
It is a yes from me, and a no from JenniK.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.