FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Congressional humor....

Author Topic: Congressional humor....
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Linked on Ornery (but not mean-spirited):
http://www.zug.com/pranks/senator/index2.html

Hands-down, I think Santorum's measured and diplomatic reply -- "Although a favorite joke doesn't immediately come to mind, I do enjoy laughing" -- wins. [Smile]

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Cheat
Member # 5204

- posted      Profile for The Cheat   Email The Cheat         Edit/Delete Post 
Senator Orrin Hatch's joke isn't even a joke. I'm disappointed with my senator.
Posts: 35 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
Is this honestly the first time you've been disappointed with Hatch?
Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, the saddest thing is that, until Matheson was elected, Hatch was the best (or at least the least objectionable) congressman Utah had.
Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Cheat
Member # 5204

- posted      Profile for The Cheat   Email The Cheat         Edit/Delete Post 
No. Just one more time, I suppose.
Posts: 35 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JohnKeats
Member # 1261

- posted      Profile for JohnKeats           Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps he felt his Senatorship itself was funny enough?

j/k

Or maybe Senator Hatch had his BS detector on that day, if you prefer to give him the benifit of the doubt.

[Smile]

Posts: 4350 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skrika03
Member # 5930

- posted      Profile for skrika03   Email skrika03         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 383 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, that was wonderful. My favorite was the letter from the Senator from New Jersey. His letter was priceless. [ROFL]

I am disappointed but not surprised that the senators from Washington St. didn't write back. The letters we get from them are almost as if they didn't even read our letter to them, where they state how grateful they are we support them in this or that stance, when our letter specifically stated how much we *disagreed*. They don't mean them to be jokes, but I usually end up laughing at every letter we get from them.

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Personally I thought it was kinda pathetically done. Either "Ha ha, I fooled you into thinking I'm a ten-year-old" or "What inconsiderate losers, not even willing to write back to a kid." Reminded me of Ralphie's spatula scenario again.

I liked the "Nice belt" joke, though (don't remember whose it was).

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
That was the Senator from New Jersey.
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.