FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » In an attempt to consolidate the mafia threads...

Author Topic: In an attempt to consolidate the mafia threads...
ladyday
Member # 1069

- posted      Profile for ladyday   Email ladyday         Edit/Delete Post 
...and to plug my own idea...

Looks like Nathan is pitching a DiscWorld Mafia, CT is planning an Original Universe Mafia (unless I am an idiot and misunderstood) for this summer, and Pat and Jon Boy are working on a StrongBad Mafia. Edit: And Hobbes has three different ideas: Lake Wobegon Mafia, Dark Ages Jesuit Monastery Mafia, and Science Symposium Mafia. Looking forward to each, as after a little submodding I am rather hooked once again.

I was just toying with the idea of adding another Hogwarts Mafia to the list of future games and wanted to see what folks think. I know this has been done before (since, after all, David and I were the ones who did it), but I noticed a lot of new faces playing as of late and I thought with the new book out and the third movie in June it might be fun to give an old setting another go.

I would love to drag David back into modding, but I imagine his busy schedule would prevent that possibility even if he were willing and able to brave my insufferable personality once again [Frown] . So at this point, it's just me in my living room considering the idea.

[ March 22, 2004, 09:02 AM: Message edited by: ladyday ]

Posts: 1676 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
*cough*

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Though this summer I'm hopping to get just a normal 9-5 type job in which case I would love to play. Sorry, probably should've put this in my first (self-centered) post. [Embarrassed]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
I would absolutely *love* to play Harry Potter mafia! I was so sad that I missed it the first time around! I'm definitely one of those newcomers to mafia that you are talking about. I don't know which game will be started first of all the ones being discussed, but I have a feeling I'll play all of them. [Wink] One month left of school and then I can waste away the hours of summer (as long as I get a job too...). [Big Grin]
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladyday
Member # 1069

Ack, sorry Hobbes [Frown] .
Posts: 1676 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
i'll play.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

(((((((Billie)))))))

Thanks for stepping in for me, looks like you did a great job (and one far better than I was doing). [Hat]

Hobbes [Smile]

ladyday
Member # 1069

I was thinking June 7th for Hogwarts Mafia so that everyone (including me) can see the third movie. Hoping the hype around PoA will help get everyone in Harry Potter mode [Smile] . However, I am concerned that this may interfere with finals, so another possible date would be June 16th.

Just to give other planners (and potential co mods [Big Grin] ) an idea of the time line I was thinking of.

Please do give a holler if 1. The date I wanted to start interfered with the date you wanted to start, 2. You want to co mod this one with me.

*grins at Hobbes* It was my pleasure. And is this self-depreciating of death scenes an awful habit you picked up from Pat? Don't do that, you guys write wonderful deaths [Smile] .

[ March 22, 2004, 01:03 PM: Message edited by: ladyday ]

Hobbes
Member # 433

[Smile] I'm going to have to wait for word on what my job is going to be this summer (assuming I get one [Eek!] ) but I'd love to co-mod... assuming people aren't already sick of my moding.

Hobbes [Smile]

peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
At the AZ Bunching on Saturday, we got to discussing mafia games and I suggested Sesame Street Mafia. Everyone there seemed to think it was a good idea.

Anyone else interested in that as a future setting?

Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skrika03
Member # 5930

- posted      Profile for skrika03   Email skrika03         Edit/Delete Post 
Let's see, I think it was Ashley that I joked about Antiques Roadshow Mafia with. Back during Martian Colony Mafia. You know, I've ordered her killed three times in only two games. But I hope she'll be a good sport about it [Smile] But I think I'll need to play a few more times before I mod.
Posts: 383 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.