FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Finally, a reality show for Jatraqueros

Author Topic: Finally, a reality show for Jatraqueros
Xaposert
Member # 1612

- posted      Profile for Xaposert           Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.hotjobs.com/start/americancandidate/

quote:
Coming on Showtime in Summer 2004, American Candidate is a ground-breaking television series in which the American people will identify a People's Candidate that they would like to see run for President of the United States.
Who do we have that we can enter?

[ March 23, 2004, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: Xaposert ]

Posts: 2432 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
OSC-fan, of course! And Verbatim can be his/her running mate.

edited to correct idiotic mistake.

[ March 23, 2004, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: mr_porteiro_head ]

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
*ahem* Verbatim
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe we should nominate Bob Scopatz while he's on the road and let it be a surprise. [Smile]

And if he made it to the finals, I'd actually watch the show!

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I believe, back when this was announced, a number of us were ticked by the ridiculously arbitrary constitutional age requirement for the presidency. But that DOES mean that Bob and sndrake have a shot at it. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

[No No]

Leave sndrake out of it. [Angst]

This is all about Bob - let's surprise him. [Evil]

Heck - he could impress his neighbors by having Texas have the honor of having two candidates from the same state.

(Edited to add: would be a waste of time in my case. New Yorker, brain damage, and an agnostic. Good thing I'm not a vegan, or with a profile like that, they wouldn't let me even vote.) [Wink]

[ March 23, 2004, 03:25 PM: Message edited by: sndrake ]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JohnKeats
Member # 1261

- posted      Profile for JohnKeats           Edit/Delete Post 
As if television didn't already have enough power.
Posts: 4350 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

Just realized there's some more folks we can push forward for the nomination. As I recall, Farmgirl and Dead_horse could both qualify. Couple of other women, too, I think, but can't remember just who they are offhand.
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
Lets put Bob in, with Trogdor as his running mate, or is the second place finisher the running mate?
Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm old enough to run. Can I be Bob's running vice president?
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayelar
Member # 183

- posted      Profile for Ayelar   Email Ayelar         Edit/Delete Post 
Um.... could we enter Howard Dean?

Please?

[Wink]

[Frown]

[Grumble]

Posts: 2220 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

Forget Dean! He had his shot, over 40 million dollars, and blew it!

Time for a Hatracker to step forward.

Let's start a "Draft Bob" thread. What a nice surprise it would be for him. [Smile]

J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
I vote we back Slash [Evil Laugh]
Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Slash too young. [Frown]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Bad news, sndrake. Bob's still here -- he just posted. And I'll bet he's already seen this thread. He's just being nice, and letting you think you're going to "surprise" him.

But we just established that I am not nice, so . . . [Evil]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xaposert
Member # 1612

- posted      Profile for Xaposert           Edit/Delete Post 
You guys should note that this ad says any citizen over 18 is allowed.

(I guess the Constitution doesn't promote the right age demographic for high ratings.)

Posts: 2432 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm old enough, and willing to be Slash's puppet...

But I fear that there's no way I can overcome His Bob-ness of the 5 digit post count [Smile]

Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.