FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Flying Croc vs Flying Shark

Author Topic: Flying Croc vs Flying Shark
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Who would win?

By the way, their speed is undefined, so therefore, we must assume that it is equal unless otherwise proven.

I'm putting my money on the flying Croc for two main reasons.

1st) He has a longer reach with his jaws. So he's usually going to have the first attack in any brawl.

2nd) He can turn his head, thereby eliminating the idea of head on attacks.

The reason I bring this up, by the way, is because of Adult Swim on cartoon network.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
How are the shark and croc flying? Wings?
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Doesn't matter, but the picture suggests Shark has Jet Pack and the Croc has wings.

Like I said, speed has been undefined.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
Goober.
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
Shark.

Swimming is much more like flying. And no matter how much time a croc spends in water, the shark will have an advantage in the 3 dimensions of flight.

Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

You didn't tell me who you think would win, celia. And these things are CRITICAL to our survival as a species. I mean... what if crocs grew wings? We live in the nuclear age, celia, it can happen! [Wink]
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Shark can't breathe in air. Croc has tail and claws as weapons.

Croc wins hands down. Unless the shark has "lasers."

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
Reguardless of who would win this absurd contest, the loser is clearly you.
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
I heard the Crocodile Guy say that if ever the two should meet, the shark would devour the croc in no time.

The only advantage a crocodile has is its thick skin-- which isn't really an advantage when fighting against a creature with the biting power of a shark.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Survival instincts say that those who stay alive, are NOT losers.

Wow, that should be... like a proverb or a quote or something.

Procrastination
Member # 4821

- posted      Profile for Procrastination           Edit/Delete Post 
Not that I'm biased, but the Flying Cow would definitely win.

[Hat]

Posts: 75 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
and here i thought he was talking about these

flying croc flying shark

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

That's udder nonsense.

Ok, so it was lame and has been overly used. But I had to, OK?

Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
A shark with a jetpack is a lot like a missle or something, and the croc with wings is like an angel; and we all know that an angel is utterly defenseless against a missle, as many, many nursery times have explained. So the shark wins, cause he's like a bullet that bites.

[ March 26, 2004, 01:09 PM: Message edited by: Book ]

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I half remember some station, BBCA or Discovery or some such that was making Robot Versions of these critters and letting them battle it out.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Speaking of Flying Cows
Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Here's a much prettier flying shark .

And just for Icarus

Procrastination
Member # 4821

- posted      Profile for Procrastination           Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa... that's awesome. I gotta get me one of those to stick on my monitor... and when I come to hatrack, it can blow in the breeze of all that hot air.

[Taunt]

Posts: 75 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skrika03
Member # 5930

- posted      Profile for skrika03   Email skrika03         Edit/Delete Post 
I go with the flying shark. I think they have defied evolution for longer. Also, rays are related to sharks. They can, like, fly.
Posts: 383 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

stick on your monitor? That thing is two feet long man!

Most windsocks like that you can use as a drogue tail on a heavy lifting kite though.

AJ

Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
What about a The Cheat vs. A Bear holding a Shark?

I mean, The Cheat totally freaks out whenever he sees a bear holding a shark, so would they catch him, or die trying?

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dobbie
Member # 3881

- posted      Profile for Dobbie           Edit/Delete Post 
Did anyone see the "shark vs. croc" episode of

"Animal Face-off"?

Posts: 1794 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

What about a Flying Croc vs. a hurricane.... But the hurricane.... is Hurricane... Ditka.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
My money is on the shark, because the teeth are far sharper, and the shark is more aerodynamic.

However, I am worried about the shark's breathing, so I am assuming the shark as also adapted to breathing in air (which would be a natural companion to wings)

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

Doesn't it have arms? I guess it can have lungs, too, if it wants to.
T_Smith
Member # 3734

[ROFL] Book

At the Ditka comment.

[ March 26, 2004, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: T_Smith ]

Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
*raises beer glass and grunts*

DITKA!

*continues eating Polish sausage*

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BelladonnaOrchid
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for BelladonnaOrchid   Email BelladonnaOrchid         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm for flying croc, after all, he has the ability to claw, claw, bite, of which the flying shark does not have.
Posts: 701 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Cheat
Member # 5204

- posted      Profile for The Cheat   Email The Cheat         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
What about a The Cheat vs. A Bear holding a Shark?
*freaks out and runs away*
Posts: 35 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd go for the croc. They have a +10 racial modifier on all hide checks.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BelladonnaOrchid
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for BelladonnaOrchid   Email BelladonnaOrchid         Edit/Delete Post 
Right...right, that lowers their AC to about -5, doesn't it, Porteiro?
Posts: 701 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JohnKeats
Member # 1261

- posted      Profile for JohnKeats           Edit/Delete Post 
First strike wins it, so air speed and manueverability are essential to answering the question.

The shark's teeth are much sharper than the crocs. The shark also probably has a much stronger bite, when it comes to PSI. However the croc isn't exactly a chew-friendly animal, wheras sharkflesh can be torn like tissue paper. Another advantage the croc has is vision. Not only can it see more clearly than the shark, it has a much wider degree of peripheral vision. The croc can see nearly 360 degrees around itself and the shark--depending on the type--has about half that range.

Posts: 4350 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Animal Face Off,

Thanks. I couldn't think of the name.

There is your grounded Shark vs Croc.

My vote must go for the Shark. If I Croc has yet to be able to kill Steve Irwin, how tuff can they be? I mean, Shark Hunters get into special cages. Croc Hunter just occasionally shoves his annoying wife between him and the Croc.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I believe Jack Handy said it best:

quote:
Contrary to what most people say, the most dangerous animal in the world is not the lion or the tiger or even the elephant. It's a shark riding on an elephant's back, just trampling and eating everything they see.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

Dan_raven has a good point.

*re-thinking*

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Bear holding a shark vs. shark riding an elephant?
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Oh, I miss Jack Handey. There must be a list of his quots out there somewhere... *wipes tear*
Annie
Member # 295

Google is your friend, Porter.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Personally, though, I think the best contest would be the flying croc and the flying shark teamed up against the vast robot armies of a woman scorned.
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
No, no, what about a stadium full of flying sharks and crocs against a microscopically small Ditka?
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

Ditka wins with time to spare.
narrativium
Member # 3230

- posted      Profile for narrativium           Edit/Delete Post 
I want a recount!
Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

In other words, the Croc won.
narrativium
Member # 3230

- posted      Profile for narrativium           Edit/Delete Post 
NEVER!
Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.