FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Mormon Green Jell-O Roll Call Thread (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Mormon Green Jell-O Roll Call Thread
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
It has been decided that it's time to separate the wheat from the tares. Who here has the faith to accept green Jell-O, and who shall perish at the Last Day?
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Not me. You bigots need to accept all colors of the Jello-Rainbow.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Of course we accept all colors. We simply believe that green Jell-O is the Lord's chosen flavor. All are welcome, but green Jell-O has a special seat reserved in the celestial kingdom.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Darling, have I told you lately that you're really weird?
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Hey, the scriptures do say that we're a peculiar people. [Smile]
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
And you're your own special brand of peculiar. *pat pat*
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Actually, I was being facetious. I hate it when people use that scripture to prove that we're supposed to be weird.
Phil Tice
Member # 6370

- posted      Profile for Phil Tice   Email Phil Tice         Edit/Delete Post 
I believe "peculiar" in the original greek means something about setting apart through sacrifice or something along those lines.

-PT

Posts: 35 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Got nothin' to do on a Friday night
GREEN JELLO SUCKS!
Ain't got no talent, but that's all right
GREEN JELLO SUCKS!
We're the worst, the worst in the land
GREEN JELLO SUCKS!
But come on! Gotta give us a hand
GREEN JELLO SUCKS!
Iggy and Gerdy, they're both good names
GREEN JELLO SUCKS!
Maynard and Poopy, they're both insane
GREEN JELLO SUCKS!
But when life is just a game who's to blame?
GREEN JELLO SUCKS!
Green Jello
GREEN JELLO SUCKS!
Yeah, that's right, we're it
GREEN JELLO SUCKS!
We're the world's economic problems. You can blame it all on us
GREEN JELLO SUCKS!
It's our fault
(GOD, GREEN JELLO SUCKS!)
Hello, Jello. Green Jello
GREEN JELLO SUCKS!
GREEN JELLO SUCKS!
Green Jello! Green Jello!
Jell for the future
Jell for the future
Jell for the future
Jell for your future
And scream ''Green!''
Green Jello sucks!
GREEN JELLO SUCKS!
Green Jello sucks!

Hello Phil. I am a fellow Phil. I think Anthro is too. Plus I worked with a guy name Phil. And one of my roommates is named Phil. The first person I met and talked to at the hotel I first stayed in upon moving to SD is named Phil. When working at Staples a woman at the checkout told me she was going to name her unborn baby Phil.

I never met anyone else named Phil in 22 years in NY, and now its like we are taking over the earth. [Smile]

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Actually, I believe it simply means one's own property or something preserved.

Now stop derailing my roll call thread!

Brinestone
Member # 5755

*makes green jell-o with carrots so Jon Boy will get off his soap-box*
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Carrot shreds?! Blasphemer! Thou defilest the pure doctrine of green Jell-O!
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Jon Boy, it is the foolish traditions of your fathers, not the true doctrine, that demands your green jello obeisance. I am not so confined.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skrika03
Member # 5930

- posted      Profile for skrika03   Email skrika03         Edit/Delete Post 
huh, I was discussing this with my sister today. She wanted to make green jello with cottage cheese and pineapple for dinner tomorrow. Like she's been craving it. I found that pretty surprising. [Dont Know]
Posts: 383 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phil Tice
Member # 6370

Phils of the world are rising from their dark places to take over the world and ignore all threads referring to green jell-o. I also know many Phils. We'll get my Phils and your Phils together and we will find other Phils, and the name Phil will be feared by all who are not called Phil. (or non-Phils as I call them).

-PT

Posts: 35 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Weird, I just had some green jello today at a baby blessing. I didn't think anything of it at the time.
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Green jello with baby?

Hmm. . . you may be onto something there.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mabus
Member # 6320

- posted      Profile for Mabus   Email Mabus         Edit/Delete Post 
*wanders through carrying a bowl of red jello*
Posts: 1114 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Phil! To the Philmobile!
Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

Mmmmmmm... babies....
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phil Tice
Member # 6370

Uhhmm ... I seem to have forgotten where the PhilCave is. I know I parked the PhilWing there, then I put the keys in my pocket ...
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Cottage cheese?! That's even worse than carrots!
slacker
Member # 2559

- posted      Profile for slacker   Email slacker         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I didn't think anyone would actually do this (ludosti just rolled her eyes at me when I started laughing and told her about this).

I can't remember if I've ever had green jello (having grown up in a non-mormon family), but it's a possibility.

Posts: 851 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Yellow jello... YELLOW, I say!
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
Jello sucks.
Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

No, Pat, it jiggles.

And now the line, "They call me yellow jello" is running through my head. Thanks a lot, Ela.

Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
Mellow Yellow. No jello.
Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
grrreen is keen!

[Razz]

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
No, Pat, it jiggles.

And now the line, "They call me yellow jello" is running through my head. Thanks a lot, Ela.

ROFLMAO [ROFL]

That was the idea, Brinestone. [Evil]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Occasional
Member # 5860

- posted      Profile for Occasional   Email Occasional         Edit/Delete Post 
No, Jello wiggles and you suck. Well . . . you know what I mean [Monkeys]
Posts: 2207 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Are those smilies made of jello?
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

[Razz] This one's made of green cheese.
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't really need to post anything in here, do I? I mean... come on, it's me.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
I know when I think about T, I think about green jello.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Yeah, T, you're already on the list. It's all good.
:Locke
Member # 2255

- posted      Profile for :Locke   Email :Locke         Edit/Delete Post 
My great grandma from Bountiful used to make jello with, not only mixed vegetables, but also meat. Like barbecued turkey and stuff.
Posts: 1744 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, now is this LIME or APPLE jello?
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

Dang, it's not up anymore, but lileks.com used to have a link to "The Gallery of Regrettable Foods". Apparently he is selling it as a book now, so no more web access. There was a big 'ol chapter on jello, and I seem to remember something about chicken legs floating in a sea of jello.

*shudder*

T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Definately lime.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cochick
Member # 6167

- posted      Profile for cochick   Email cochick         Edit/Delete Post 
I may be LDS but nothing, I repeat nothing would ever get me to eat any colour jello (or jelly as it is rightly called her in the UK and jelly is jam) with savoury food - you Americans are weird! [Evil] (She's says like she's only just realised this)

Oh and to get back to the point - yep green jello is yummy [Big Grin]

But I also like other colours too [Dont Know]

*Hedges her bets* [Taunt]

Posts: 394 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm.... Lime, then I'm not so sure. [Razz] [Wink]
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yozhik
Member # 89

- posted      Profile for Yozhik   Email Yozhik         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have a testimony of green jello.
Can I still be a Mormon?

Posts: 1512 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cochick
Member # 6167

- posted      Profile for cochick   Email cochick         Edit/Delete Post 
yeah sure Yozhik - you just can't be a Utah mormon [Wink]
Posts: 394 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yozhik
Member # 89

Decline and Fall -- Jello

And oh my heck--you HAVE to click on this link.

[ March 28, 2004, 07:42 PM: Message edited by: Yozhik ]

Posts: 1512 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yozhik
Member # 89

And here's some Mormon SACRILEGE.
beverly
Member # 6246

Oh yeah, that's what I'm talkin' 'bout.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Those frothy whipped cappuccino peaks look positively naughty.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't like jello.

*Bikes off as fast as his legs can push him*

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
No, no, no. No green jello.

Red jello - strawberry, not cherry.

And this is how you fix it. You mix up a large box of strawberry jello and pour half of it in a glass cake pan and put it in the freezer so it will set quickly. While it is setting, you mix some shredded pineapple into the jello left in the bowl. Then, you spread a layer of sour cream on top of the jelled jello, and then pour the jello with pineapple on top and let it jell.

Good stuff. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone ever had Poke Cake? You take white cake, poke holes all in it with a fork, and pour red jello on top of it. Let it set in the fridge, then spread whipped cream on it. The jello saturates the cake where it's poked, hence the name. It's the only way I stand to eat jello. That and trifle. Mmmmmm...trifle. Our English Trifle recipe actually came from my mostly nonmember father's side of the family. Go fig.

[ March 29, 2004, 12:29 AM: Message edited by: sarcasticmuppet ]

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.