FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Your last first post

Author Topic: Your last first post
Posable_Man
Member # 5105

- posted      Profile for Posable_Man           Edit/Delete Post 
Ah...remember the heady days of halcyon youth when you posted your first time using a new screen name?

What was it like?

Was it everything you'd hoped it would be?

Tell us about it!

We live vicariously through your aliases.

Posts: 82 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
I believe my first post was something along the lines of "In that case, *yoink*"

My alter ego, pot, called Mr. Kettle black in the Anastasia thread. Ah, memories.

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
The first time I was known as Amka was on a MUSH known as Tiny Tim. It was all the fun someone could hope for. You could talk to intellegent people, and you had your own room in a building. Using the programming code there, you could create your little objects and put them in your room. An object could be anything, so you could actually turn your little room into a mansion or a forest or anything your imagination conjured up. You were 'paid' in pennies over time, and you could use those pennies to buy things that others had made, or sell your own stuff.

Ahhh, it was lovely. But the purple cow had an overblown ego and another wizard was a shrivled nag with no life other than work and Tiny Tim. Then other people began to discover the internet and we were invaded by silly people like trolls and "My rich mommy got this for me and don't I rock." And pedophiles (I think). Someone pretending to be an eleven year old girl who was naive about sex.

We were not prepared for it, because we had not been taught to be Makers or Unmakers. So the black hole pretty much dissolved into fluff and flame. All those who had been interesting to talk to ended up leaving, including me.

Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.