FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hell Freezes Over-- Jim finds a cool country song...?

Author Topic: Hell Freezes Over-- Jim finds a cool country song...?
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
I found a country song through this little cover project I got going and I am shocked to say that it's fast becoming an all-time favorite of mine...

It's called "The Chicks Dig It" by Chris Cagle and has a bit of a Spin Doctors flavor to it, musically. It's about all the stupid things he did as a boy to impress the girls around him...

But the best thing is that it opens with the punchline to a joke:

"Hey y'all! Watch this!"

I love this song...

quote:
Scars heal, glory fades
All we're left with are the memories made
Pain hurts, but only for a minute
Life is short so go on and live it
'Cause the chicks dig it...

[ March 30, 2004, 12:37 PM: Message edited by: T. Analog Kid ]

Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I do like that song.

I also like

quote:
When the gun smoke settles we’ll sing a victory tune
We’ll all meet back at the local saloon
We’ll raise up our glasses against evil forces
Singing whiskey for my men, beer for my horses

Although I disapprove of giving beer to horses.

It's a waste of beer.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Dag, I hate that song.

Oh, the music is great, but the words--:

quote:
Justice is the one thing we should always find...
What about Love, Faith, God, Compassion? Nope--just vigilantic justice.

However, there are some great Country lyrics out there. Look up, "What was I thinkin" by Montgomery Gentry.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
"What was I Thinkin'" is by Dierks Bently

I sing that song, too, and I have to consciously work to not introduce it as being by "Dirk Gently"

It's a lot of fun to replace the words "little white tank top" with something a girl in the audience is wearing and see what the reaction is...

Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
What was I thinking is hysterical. Been there, done that, although mine involved heading off the bunny slope too soon rather than a gun-toting father.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
Am I the only one who thought "Hell freezes over" was the name of the country song you like?
Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

maybe, the rest of us know that "Hell Freezes Over" is not a song but the name of the Eagles reunion tour...
Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
another good one is reba's single "Somebody". the video is also good. she's either portraying fate or cupid.
Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

mmmm... Reba... too bad she's not fictional, then I could have a crush on her...

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.