FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Well, that was fun.

Author Topic: Well, that was fun.
?
Member # 2319

- posted      Profile for ?   Email ?         Edit/Delete Post 
I just returned from my LDS mission in England last week and remembered the hilarious people here at Hatrack. Before my mission I was primarily known here as "The Revolutionary" though I dought anyone would remember me because I rarely posted anything. Now I'll just go as "?". I sure don't recognize many names.
Anyway, England and my mission were good. I just went to the dentist today and found out that I didn't catch the bad teeth disease going around there. But it feels good having my teeth cleaned.
The reason I'm posting here now is for some very important imformation from you guys. If you could recommend in your opinion the best books, music, and (not as important) movies that have come out in the last two years because I've kinda been out of that loop for the last two years. Maybe just list your top five or something.
Thanks.
?

Posts: 219 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Lord of the Rings

Get the extended DVDs now (as in, today), so you can watch them before seeing Return of the King in the theatres before it leaves.

After that, Monsters Inc.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the biggest news would be the three Lord of the Rings movies. The first two are out on DVD now.

A Harry Potter book came out, as did two Alvin maker books.

Oh, yeah, we found out that Darth Vader is really Luke's father.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
I think that you are going about this all wrong -- you should use this cultural gap as an interesting quirk rather than try and fill it (which you could never fully do).
Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Argèn†~
Member # 4528

- posted      Profile for Argèn†~           Edit/Delete Post 
Make sure you rent Enders Game on DVD. You'll never guess who they got to play Ender.
Posts: 346 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
( hint )
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
That's soooo mean! [ROFL] *resists urge to put plug in for the DVD of Ender's Game, too . . . *

DVD - LOTR and TTT. Immediately. And then the theatre for ROTK. all in one day, mind -

Ignore Harry Potter. Blech.

Welcome back!

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! I do remember you! Welcome back! [Group Hug]

And don't ask me for cultural suggestions, or at least make sure you're not armed while you view them so one of us doesn't have to die. [Wink]

<--*Tends to like things very few others enjoy*

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Ohh, and although Annie is indescribaly beautiful, you'll have to watch out for her, she's a crafty one. [Wink]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Rev, do you remember Hobbes?

*prompts* Hobbesy, give him an update. [Smile] He just got home. It will make him happy.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

*Gives Kat a confused look* What now?

Hobbes [Smile]

Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Annie, that looks awesome!
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I remember the revolutionary...but I'm not sure.

Anyway, the only important cultural events of the past two years have happened here at Hatrack. Just read the threads.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

*sigh* He just got home from a mission to return to old haunts. I'm sure he remembers you. Maybe he'd want an update? Just a link? Sort of a "Welcome Back" bit of news?
?
Member # 2319

My wonderful loving mother already got me both extended versions of LOTR. Greatfully, I saw the first one in the theater.
?

Posts: 219 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
Book: "How Angel Peterson Got His Name" by Gary Paulsen
Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

*Looks at Kat again*
*Thinks he gets it*

Annie and myself are dating and have been for over 5 months now. [Big Grin]

Hobbes [Smile]

?
Member # 2319

Oh, and yes I remember Hobbes. (slightly) [Dont Know]
Hobbes
Member # 433

[Blushing] I'm impressed, I doubt I would remember me... assuming I'm not me of course... which kind of screw up this whole proposition, but I digress. It's great to have you back, I hope you had the time of your life in England (seems like the best foriegn mission ever, out of the country and no new language [Big Grin] ).

Hobbes [Smile]

katharina
Member # 827

Well, yes, that's lovely, but...

*sighs* Never mind.

Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
(and he joined the church. Just, you know, a sidenote.)
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
He's in love - he's supposed to be a little flustered, isn't he?
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
All you people make it sound like LOTR doesn't exist in England!
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.