FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Beloit Wisconsin Gathering...Next week! (now with pics!) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Beloit Wisconsin Gathering...Next week! (now with pics!)
BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

- posted      Profile for BYuCnslr   Email BYuCnslr         Edit/Delete Post 
To make a long story short, Jeni and I attend Beloit College, Mayday is coming to visit me next week, and Zevlag is coming for the week as well, who else is up for a gettogether?

Mayday and will be back on campus on Sunday by 2ish, and she leaves Thursday, I believe Jeni and Josh leave for Michigan on Thursday.

On Wednesday night, we're going to Milkwaukee to visith the Tolkien Collection, and I have class Tuesday night from 7-9. Anyone? Vana? Lime? Any of you Mad-town folks? What say you? :: giggles :: pseudo-Tolkien reference!

Satyagraha

[ April 10, 2004, 09:33 PM: Message edited by: BYuCnslr ]

Posts: 1986 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

Warning: this crazy Bernard kid meeps a lot and pokes people...he also chews on everyone's arms.
Satyagraha

Posts: 1986 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
I can vouch for the meeping and poking. But as for the chewing.... *keeps in mind to avoid Bernard*
Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Wednesday night as in the 7th? Hmm...Holy Week = no church on Wednesday = possible. [Smile] I'll have to check with Lime, of course.

I see it starts at 7 - I wish I could remember how long it takes to get to Milwaukee from Rockford! I don't get home from work until 5.

We'll see!

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

Vana: however long it takes to get from Rockford to Beloit, plus an hour and a half or so. [Smile]
Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

Rockford to Beloit on I-90 takes 30 minutes. Or 20...depending on how fast you go...and traffic...tisn't hard to make it in 20 minutesish
Satyagraha

[ March 31, 2004, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: BYuCnslr ]

Vána
Member # 3262

So...total of two hours. That's really, really pushing it. Even if we ate in the car.

I don't know, guys. I'll have to talk to Lime. I'd love to see the exhibit, and meet you gusy. But it would be hard to make it on time, and even if we left right after, we'd be pretty late getting home (and there's work in the morning - oh to be a student again!).

I'll have to talk to Lime.

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

Well...what about dinner some day or another? Mondayish work?
Satyagraha

Jeni
Member # 1454

I have now experienced the chomping of the arm. I advise everyone to stay as far from Bernard as possible.
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
We should be good for dinner some night next week. We get off of work around 5.

I've been pretty tired, so I'd have to be back home before 10.

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
Jeni, this makes me glad I am not staying with Bernard...

Lime, Vana! That would be so cool! I've been wanting to meet you two forever!

Christy and Tom too!!

[Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

::excited::

[ March 31, 2004, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: Zevlag ]

Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knightswhosayni!
Member # 4096

- posted      Profile for knightswhosayni!   Email knightswhosayni!         Edit/Delete Post 
::sad::

Now I wish I could come! Stupid five hours.

Ni!

Posts: 828 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

How does Monday dinner sound to everyone?
Satyagraha

keedokes
Member # 6301

- posted      Profile for keedokes   Email keedokes         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, I live in Milwaukee and am friends with several Marquette people, and I had no clue that this Tolkien jazz was even here.

Shows how much I know.

(edit to add a word [Smile] )

[ April 01, 2004, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: keedokes ]

Posts: 79 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Monday should work for us. As we get off work around 5, we could get to Beloit by 6 without too much difficulty.

[ April 01, 2004, 02:13 PM: Message edited by: TomDavidson ]

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
I have no way of getting to Beloit at any time. So, I guess I'm out. I can get to Marquette, however. So if you guys are hitting that up, I'm in.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Oh, and my significant other is awesomer than your significant other.

[ April 01, 2004, 02:30 PM: Message edited by: Primal Curve ]

Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

I believe we're still planning on going to the Tolkien Collection on Wednesday, so that'd be awesome. keedokes Wanna join us? The more the merrier!

Vana, Lime: Does Monday night work for you guys?

Satyagraha

keedokes
Member # 6301

I'm in if PC is [Smile]

...mostly 'cause i'm awesomer

Posts: 79 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

[Blushing] Zevlag, you've been wanting to meet us? That's so cool!

I told Dan to pleasepleaseplease look here and let me know what he thinks. So, we'll get back to you tonight! [Smile]

Lime
Member # 1707

- posted      Profile for Lime   Email Lime         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, we'll definitely be there for dinner on Monday. I'm all for going to the Tolkien Collection too, but I don't have a full time job at the moment and Vana is the one who has to get up in the morning. I'll look over the schedule and we'll see what we can do.
Posts: 753 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lime
Member # 1707

Yep, we're coming! (Didn't take a lot of persuading as it turns out).
Posts: 753 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

My cell number is 503.539.8694. I guess for now we're meeting on campus here at Beloit? or...hmm...perhaps something in Janesville....
Satyagraha

Jeni
Member # 1454

Well, after looking around a little, I came to the conclusion that 1) there are no good restaurants in Beloit, 2) it's very difficult to find dining information online if it's not in a big city, and 3) that there is apparantly a restaurant in Janesville called Hhffrrrggh's. I figured a person can't go wrong with a restaurant named Hhffrrrggh. Otherwise, another acceptable looking place in Janesville is the Milwaukee Grill. Then of course you have your basics -- ChiChi's, Applebee's, and all those other chain places.

I'm sure Bernard would offer to cook for everyone, but fitting more than four people into our dorm kitchen just isn't going to happen. [Smile]

Of course, if anyone knows the area better than I do, make a suggestion. The extent of my dining knowledge around here basically ends with Culver's. [Wink]

[ April 05, 2004, 01:32 AM: Message edited by: Jeni ]

Theca
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Theca           Edit/Delete Post 
I was born in Janesville. [Smile]
Posts: 1990 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daedalus
Member # 1698

- posted      Profile for Daedalus   Email Daedalus         Edit/Delete Post 
Hhffrrrggh is named for the aftereffects of eating there?

Must be Chinese food.

Posts: 641 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keedokes
Member # 6301

So...have car, will travel...but I work [Smile] How late is everyone staying at the restaurant? I work until 8 and then I'd have to go pick up PC, so it's not worth it, huh?

But Wednesday still works for me.

keedokes
Member # 6301

*does a little dance*

I have a car!!

BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

We are still planning on going to the Tolkien Collection (what self respecting Wisconsin Tolkien geek wouldn't?!) So we should also plan on how we're gonna meet there...probably right at Marquette? hmm...
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Should we be exchanging cell phone numbers? And what time do we plan to get together tonight?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lime
Member # 1707

Personally, I think Hhffrrrggh's sounds pretty cool. We're all for going there, if that's the concensus.

So where are we meeting? And when? I'll email the co-ordinator my cell phone # and such today (is that you, BYUCnslr?), and if I can get an address, I'll Mapquest directions and we'll be there tonight.

Jeni
Member # 1454

Whatever time works for all of you.

Probably easier to meet at the restaurant.

I'll check this again after class.

Jeni
Member # 1454

I'll just throw something out here and see if it works: 6:30 at hhffrrrggh?

[ April 05, 2004, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: Jeni ]

Lime
Member # 1707

6:30 at HHFFRRRGGH's would be fine with us.
Christy
Member # 4397

Good here, too [Smile]
Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lime
Member # 1707

Oh, that's right:

Vána and I won't be able to make it for the Tolkien Collection gathering this Wednesday - we forgot that we had choir practice that night, and we've skipped out on too many of them this season. And we haven't practiced for Easter yet. But we'll be there tonight!

Christy
Member # 4397

Um, *bump* I assume that we ARE meeting at 6:30 then? We get off of work fairly soon and it will be a 45 min drive...

608.212.8968 after five if you need to reach us, 'cause the cell's at home.

BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

yup! 6:30!!!
Satyagraha

kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
::hopes that Josh got there ok::

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
Bernard, tell Mayday that I LOVE the book of bunny suicides and thanks so much!
Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

Dinner yesterday was awesomeness! I'll be attempting to post pictures in the next week or so. When should we meet for the Tolkien Collection tomorrow? And where?
Satyagraha

keedokes
Member # 6301

Glynn's place at 5?

It's about a ten-minute drive from his place to Marquette.

*shrug*

Edit to add words [Smile]

[ April 06, 2004, 11:57 PM: Message edited by: keedokes ]

Jeni
Member # 1454

Why don't we meet for dinner someplace and then go to the thing?
keedokes
Member # 6301

We could order pizza and just get some munchies.

Glynn's apartment is kewl dood...and he's gotta move out soon. So. Come see it.

Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Yeah... I'm gonna miss my awesome apartment <sniff> [Frown]
Jeni
Member # 1454

Whereabouts is it?
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

2428 E. Bradford Ave. Apt #8
Milwaukee, WI 53211

Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
Dinner was great Monday night. We had an awesome time.

We will be leaving here soon. (3:30) Let's hope we don't get lost. ::crosses fingers:: Jeni says she's not going to do that, but I hear they had trouble picking me up at the airport...

See you soon!

-Zev

Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

I'm jealous! Have fun tonight, guys!

(And if anyone wants to go again...maybe in the summer [will it even still be available in the summer?], please let us know! Darn Wednesdays... [Grumble] )

BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

The Collection is permenant, and will always be there for the forseeable future. And I would possibly be up for going again [Big Grin]

And we're leaving in a few minutes! :: dances :: I'm the ranger in the elven cloak. [Big Grin]
Satyagraha

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.