FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Do you hear voices?

Author Topic: Do you hear voices?
ladyday
Member # 1069

- posted      Profile for ladyday   Email ladyday         Edit/Delete Post 
I know once in a while someone will post a picture in the gallery and someone else will comment that "this totally shatters my mental image of you." I was just wondering if anyone else developed an idea, not of what people looked like from their posts, but what they sound like.

I dream a lot, and remember many of my dreams. I think the reason hatrackers and other people I meet online find their way into my dreams so often is because my brain is constantly trying to solve the puzzle of who is behind the curtain and can let itself go while I sleep.

I don't know if it's shallow to want to know such things...I guess the words really should be enough, but I like hearing the voices in my head. I like hearing Kama's accent even though I don't think I have it quite right, and I like the way Kat says wonderful like it really, really is wonderful, and I even like Tom's slightly superior tones...not that I get it right, but there's something there at least.

I guess I was just wondering if I was alone/weird in this [Smile] .

Posts: 1676 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm, I never "hear" you guys talking. My brain doesn't really do that, everyone here, and everything I ever read has exactly the same voice in my head reading it to me (or whatever). However, when I met Jon Boy his voice was exactly as I had imagined it, even though I never had imagined it. Werid.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
I usually see a mental image typing, but everynow and again, wehn something particularly funny, such as the elizabithean debate in the last post at this minute, I do hear voices, but usually just a mental image typing.

Rhaegar

Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
I once had a dream where I met Troubador, but he had an American accent. That really bothered me, because I'd been expecting him to sound like an Ozzie. He was also really short . . .
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
That's funny...I picture Troubs as very tall and thin. [Smile]

Yet even though I've met Hobbes, it's hard to reconcile...he's very short in my mental image. Short and absolutely adorably cuddly. Instead, he's tall and Annie will have to attest to the rest. [Big Grin]

I never thought about it, but there are some jatraqueros whose voices I hear... I hear Kayla's voice as very firm with a wry half smiling twist. For no reason I can think of, I hear Celia's voice as very very fast. Like her words can just barely keep up with her mind. LadyDove has a melodic voice in my mind, very expressive, deep with compassion, light with humor, octaves of depth.

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

quote:
Yet even though I've met Hobbes, it's hard to reconcile...he's very short in my mental image. Short and absolutely adorably cuddly. Instead, he's tall and Annie will have to attest to the rest.
[Blushing]

Luckly, she can. [Big Grin]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
A little voice inside my head says, "Don't look back, you can never look back."
Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, when I met Hobbes, I was weirded out when he stood up and I realized that he was a few inches taller than me. He sounded about like what I would've guessed, though.

Hobbes, when I clicked on that picture, my first thought was, "Hey, I've been there before!" Then I realized that we already had that conversation. And in case you didn't see it, here's the picture of where I proposed to Ruth.

[ April 01, 2004, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: Jon Boy ]

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
That's it, Hobbes... that's got to be the CUTEST picture I've ever seen!

And Jon Boy: that's GORGEOUS.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

I Look awful but Annie looks great...as per usual.

I have to say, what happened with Jon Boy, never happened again (exception with Annie but then again we talked on the phone before of course... and I just had to imagine the most beautiful voice in the world [Big Grin] ).

What's ironic Jeni is that I always pictured you asa taller. [Laugh]

Hobbes [Smile]

Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah! Annie with no makeup! Nobody click on those.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
*rolls eyes at Annie*

You're gorgeous and you know it. Shut up. [Wink]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

*Takes break from cramming seeing as how it's not really helping*

Darling, I was going to ask you before I posted the links but... you were so gorgeous the question became ridiculous.

--------------

Now the person who really had me fooled at that Portland get together was MoonRabbit, who I barely got to see, but who was completely not what expected. Good one MR. [Cool]

Hobbes [Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.