FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Life is Good

Author Topic: Life is Good
Pixie
Member # 4043

- posted      Profile for Pixie   Email Pixie         Edit/Delete Post 
Reason 1. Spring break started yesterday and not a moment too soon seeing as I went into school Monday and just broke down in tears. Why? Stress, not enough sleep, and no hugs to take it all away.

Reason 2. I get to sleep past 5:30 in the morning for 10 whole days!!!

Reason 3. Excedrine does wonders for migraines.

Reason 4. Chocolate is GREAT.

Reason 5. As of this morning, I'm done with both my ACT and SAT tests.

Reason 6. One more driving lesson after today and I test for my license. This means that...

Reason 7. I get to pick up Paul from the airport on Friday and...

Reason 8. He's here all the way through Monday!

Those last two are my favorites. [Smile]

Anyways, how about you? What's made you happy lately? [Smile]

Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Cats. Lots and lots of cats.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tonguetied&twisted
Member # 5159

- posted      Profile for tonguetied&twisted   Email tonguetied&twisted         Edit/Delete Post 
Apples & cheese. [Big Grin]

One week till the holidays! And I'm going home! And I'll be able to go riding! [Big Grin]

My boyfriend and I having a big talk and sorting several things out... and him saying he'd been an idiot not to realise how much I meant to him. [Blushing]

One big essay done and handed in. [Smile] (Let's not mention the three that I still have to do...)

Not in that order. [Wink]

Posts: 1111 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
I cleaned out my mini pond and got the filter working so now we hear pretty water sounds in the front yard.

I also got the biggest flower bed cleaned up from letting it go to weed last fall and having lots of leaves. I pruned the climing rose. We have lots of bulbs in the flower bed. It looks gorgeous now. But on the other side of the steps is another flower bed. It is nearly the same size, but it has a huge bush so I have a micro climate that is fairly shady. I have been trying for years to figure out what to do with it, which is its own kind of fun.

Any ideas?

I've stooped to the level of chemicals this year to kill the crab grass and morning glory that loves to grow in my flower beds.

I'm in the middle of writing a story, and I have it all figured out. I just need to sit down with a few hours of no interruption.

We are going on vacation to Oregon, this time for sure. We nearly have the dates off work and everything, and there is no looming project that could pull us out. We are leaving memorial day weekend and will be kicking around the northwest for two weeks. This means I get to see NW Hatrackers.

Being married is great.

My kids are great.

Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Pixie, it's funny that you started this thread now. I was just thinking of starting a similar one. I am so tired of all the negativity that seems to be going around right now (not on Hatrack, but almost everywhere else).

So many things are so much better than they used to be. I was watching MTV and I caught an episode of this season's Real World. The punk rocker chick has Cystic Fibrosis. She's 21 and she has CF! That is so amazing and wonderful. I was so moved that I got a little misty. I had a good friend who died of CF when she was 12 and I was 10. She was considered one of the older patients. Now CF patients can live to marry and have children. There is going to be a cure in my lifetime. How fantastic is that!

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.