FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The match.com personality profile: Spookily accurate (but no ice cream involved) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The match.com personality profile: Spookily accurate (but no ice cream involved)
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
I had a bad date this weekend. My friend suggested that I may have more luck meeting people who share my outlook in life if I tried match.com's new personality profile test. I know it is not as fun as Bob's ice cream profiles, nor as wonderful as CT's match service, but I got curious and tried it out.

It turns out I agree with match.com's assessment almost 100%. For example:

quote:
Because you're an independent guy and a little shy, making deep connections with other people can be a challenge. You're not someone who "wears his heart on his sleeve" so even those closest to you don't always know how you feel. Still, your masculine and dependable nature will draw people who'll invest the time to get to know you.... lling in love is an especially magical experience. You're suddenly free from the rules and thinking that guide your life. Full Results Link
Is this good science or am I just reading too much into it? Take the test and let me know if it describes you correctly.

P.S. I think you automatically get a free match.com account with the test. I don't know if they spam you, but use a throwaway email just in case.

[ April 03, 2004, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: vwiggin ]

Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. Handsome guy.
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

Syn, that's a picture of Ethan Hawk. [Razz]

Since you brought up looks, match.com also has a Physical Attraction assessment test. Can't really recommend that one though. It told us such useful things as: "You are attracted to beautiful women." Wow, really? [Smile]

Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
*was talking about the pic on the left*
But, ah, well. Cool picture from Sandman [Big Grin]

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

[Hat]

Thanks for the compliment. I guess 40 hours of photoshop work was well worth it. I just finished reading the first Sandman graphic novel... can't wait for the next one. [Smile]

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I took the test..hmm...
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

Sandman is so excellent. And if you like sandman, Kabuki is even better.
I'm working on the test now... Soon I'll post them, I reckon.

[ April 03, 2004, 11:39 PM: Message edited by: Synesthesia ]

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You have a special zeal for life
You bring real passion and insatiable curiosity to life. You'll stand up and fight for causes you believe in. You have a vision for how to live the "good life" so you refuse to settle long-term for a boring job or doing something just because it's expected of you. Life should be "balanced" with plenty of time for fun, spontaneity, fashion, and romance! Though you have both close friends and a broader group of friends to hang out with, you're also very independent. So it may be a little hard to get to know you, especially emotionally. You're overdue to bring real romance into your life and are ready to experience a powerful "spark" with someone special.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

Wow, that is not too far off.

Except this:

quote:
So it may be a little hard to get to know you, especially emotionally.
I don't know. When you flip me the bird, I'm pretty clear about your emotions towards me. [Big Grin]
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
Creepy. That test was so on target.

quote:
Who You Are

You're a woman who celebrates life
You bring real passion to your life. To you life is about connecting emotionally with the people in your life and trying to make a difference in the world around you. You refuse to settle long-term for a boring job or doing something just because it's expected of you. Love is the same way. Despite your natural charm, you can't pretend to care for someone if you're missing a deep connection. You know what real love feels like and you'll accept no imitations! You're ready and able to experience romance and a powerful "spark" with someone special.

What's dating all about to you?
Finding a loving relationship is an ongoing journey for you. You try to learn from each date and new experience and move on. Falling in love comes naturally to you. It doesn't have to make sense. You're ready to "go with the flow" and see where it leads.

Because you thrive on new adventures and excitement, long-term relationships can be boring. And when you're bored, you typically try to shake things up. Deciding when and with whom you're ready to "settle down" is a special challenge for you.

quote:
Who You're Looking For

He'll be passionate
You're looking for a man who can be your soul mate AND playmate in life! When you're alone with him, you'll talk for hours about anything and everything. Finding those quiet times won't be easy, though, because you'll have to share him with his wide network of friends. They, like you, will be drawn to him by his charm, good sense of humor and positive outlook on life. He really appreciates the people in his life and puts them ahead of everything else. He's the type of person who will talk you and your friends into playing hooky from work and spending the day at the park or enjoying some offbeat adventure. Unlike most men, he's not afraid of his emotions. In fact, the two of you will probably share an immediate, passionate connection.

You don't expect your partner to be in a good mood all the time. You understand that sometimes your partner will be down, get pessimistic or worry too much. These days are balanced by the many good days the two of you will share.

Btw: I love your page!
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

[ROFL]

SOME emotions are readily apparent. [Wink]

You'll note the boring job one...

Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
This thing is pretty dang good...

quote:
You're a shy, but very loving man. You care deeply about the people in your life, your work, hobbies, and the causes you fight for. You have an artistic side that can come out in painting, writing, or through relaxing activities like reading or watching movies. You're rather reserved and quiet so you can be hard to get to know. But you feel deeply about your loved ones and the important issues in your life. You put the ones you love ahead of everything else. Unlike most guys, you're not afraid to talk about (and feel!) emotions. So you're ready and able to experience a powerful "spark" with someone special.
That's...like...dead on. Wow.
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

Thanks Val, my namesake.

Taalc:

Unlike most guys, you're not afraid to talk about (and feel!) emotions.

Good for you! [Smile]

Synesthesia
Member # 4774

You're always exploring

You're smart, insightful, and have an insatiable curiosity about life. You have a vision for how you want your life to be, so you refuse to settle long-term for a boring job or doing something just because it's expected of you. Life should be "balanced" with plenty of time for fun, spontaneity, and romance! Because you're independent and a little shy, you only let a few people get especially close. But you also have a very romantic side hidden away and are ready to experience a genuine "spark" with someone.

You believe dating and life in general is about learning and growing as a person. You're a great listener, so men tend to enjoy going out with you. However, it's hard for you to have a real intellectual connection with an attractive man. Hopefully, you've found a way to "go with the flow" in dating as you already do in other parts of your life.

Quirks men notice
Like all women, you have your strengths as well as your quirks and shortcomings. Ultimately, you want to find someone who will love and accept you "warts and all." Because you're a private person, it's especially important that you find a partner who understands.

You have a pretty even-tempered personality and may not have any especially annoying or quirky habits. Of course, seeming to be "perfect" could be seen as a flaw by some, in which case you may just want to pretend to have a bad habit!

You're looking for a man who can be your soul mate AND playmate in life! He's a man with great integrity and the strength to stand up for causes he believes in. Unlike most men, he's not afraid of his emotions. In fact, the two of you will probably share an immediate, passionate connection. He's shy and a little hard to get to know. But he's worth the effort! One-on-one, you'll find a very warm, easygoing and understanding man. You may find it's like awakening a hidden prince! Though he may not always put it into words, he's in touch with his emotions and will do spontaneous and romantic things to express his feelings for you.

Totally on the money... Especially "Men find it hard to understand you" [Big Grin]

Valentine014
Member # 5981

quote:
These two quotes sum up my mission on Xanga. Blogs are often an exercise in vanity, true. But they are also a celebration of life, an outcry into the void, seeking understanding without judgment, attention without responsibility. I am willing to endure ((((hugs)))), blogs pinker than a Victoria's Secret store, and deliberate spelling mistakes (wuz up peeps?) to partake in this philotic twining.

That's beautiful, (((V))). [Wink] Maybe I'll let you take a peek into mine. (There is supposed to be a really cool picture of Milla Jovovich on the left but I am having technical difficulties right now.)
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

Syn:

You're looking for a man who can be your soul mate AND playmate in life.... Unlike most men, he's not afraid of his emotions.

Hey, you should give Taalc a call. [Smile]

Val, thank you for sharing your blog with me. It is much more beautiful and personal than mine. I love it, especially the "tell me I'm awesome" function. [Big Grin]

Move to California you say?

Yes, please do. [Smile]

Valentine014
Member # 5981

Darling V. I will not be hooking up with Taal anytime soon, I'm afraid. No offense to him of course. But you must not have read my entire lj, for I am betrothed to one Xavier. [Wink]

Edit: Wait a second...you were talking to Syn, weren't you? And hey! Thanks for the comment in my lj. and to edit Taalcon's nickname [Smile]

[ April 04, 2004, 03:19 AM: Message edited by: Valentine014 ]

Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
And you didn't read his post well enough [Razz]

And no offense taken.

And also, the generally accepted shortened form of my name is Taal. No 'c'.

[ April 04, 2004, 01:08 AM: Message edited by: Taalcon ]

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
I actually misread his post first and told her about it.

Its not Val's fault, she just trusts me so much she didn't read it herself to make sure what it said was what I thought it did [Smile] .

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh and the "click here to tell me I'm awesome" was my suggestion. I also take credit for picking out both pH's and Val's picks.

I am a man of power [Eek!] .

Anyway here are my results:
quote:
You bring a certain passion to life that most men lack. You'll stand up and fight for causes you believe in. You have a vision for the future and always are searching to find love and a sense of "balance" in your life. You refuse to settle long-term for a boring job or doing something just because it's expected of you. Because you're an independent guy and a little shy, you only let a few people get especially close. Still, you have an emotional depth than most men lack. So you're ready and able to experience romance and a powerful "spark" with someone special.
Who "the one" is:
quote:
You're looking for a woman who can be your soul mate AND playmate in life! Like most women, she's not afraid of her emotions. In fact, the two of you will probably share an immediate, passionate connection. Romance will come easily to the two of you. The challenge may be fitting into her busy life. You'll have to share her with her adoring friends, job, and variety of social and community causes. But when you're alone with her, you'll always have her undivided attention and be the focus of her loving and supportive nature.
About me and sex:
quote:
Good sex is important to you, but it's only one of many ways you connect emotionally with your partner. Whether it's sexual or simply an affectionate touch, you give and receive pleasure easily.
Theres no glaring inaccuracies. The only criticisms about it so far are how similar all the answers seem to be. Maybe its cause we are all hatrackers [Smile] .

Anyway, I also find it interesting how similar mine and Val's answers are [Big Grin] .

[ April 04, 2004, 01:12 AM: Message edited by: Xavier ]

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
This test is actually pretty neat... one of the better I've seen

Who you are
quote:
You're always Exploring
You're smart, insightful, and have an insatiable curiosity about life. In fact, you're always studying problems and finding ways to fix them. You have a vision for how to live the "good life" so you refuse to settle long-term for a boring job or doing something just because it's expected of you. In fact, you pride yourself on not being a "typical woman." You're independent, a little shy, and don't "wear your heart on your sleeve." This can make it hard to get to know you. Still, people are drawn to you by your fun and easygoing style. And when they get a chance to spend quiet time with you one-on-one, they're more likely to see your true self shine through.

Who you're looking for
quote:
He'll be passionate
You're looking for a man who can be your soul mate AND playmate in life! He's a man with great integrity and the strength to stand up for causes he believes in. Unlike most men, he's not afraid of his emotions. In fact, the two of you will probably share an immediate, passionate connection. He's shy and a little hard to get to know. But he's worth the effort! One-on-one, you'll find a very warm, easygoing and understanding man. You may find it's like awakening a hidden prince! Though he may not always put it into words, he's in touch with his emotions and will do spontaneous and romantic things to express his feelings for you.

Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

You're smart, insightful and have an insatiable curiosity about life. In fact, you're always studying problems and finding ways to fix them. You have a talent for rising about the details of life and seeing the big picture. You have a vision for how to live "the good life" so you refuse to settle for a boring job or doing something just because it's expected of you. You have good friends, but you're also a pretty independent guy. You're not someone who wears his heart on his sleeve, so those close to you don't always know how you feel. Still, they are drawn to you by your fun and easy going life style.

1% of women are very attracted to me
39% are attracted to me

quote:

You're looking for a woman that can be your soul mate AND play mate. When you're alone with her, you can talk for hours about everything and anything. Finding those quiet times with her won't be easy though because you'll have to share her with her wide network of friends. They, like you, will be drawn to her by her charm, good sense of humor, and positive outlook on life. She really appreciates the people in her life and puts them ahead of everything else. She's the type of person who will talk you and your friends into playing hookey from work and spending the day at the park or some off beat adventure. Like most women, she's not afraid of her emotions. In fact, you two will probably share an immediate, passionate connection.

5% are most my type

I have a low sex drive, also, but I'm very sexually adventuresome...

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Who You Are
You have a passionate connection with life
You bring real passion to life. You're the type of woman who stands up and fights for causes you believe in. You have a vision for how to live the "good life" so you refuse to settle long-term for a boring job or doing something just because it's expected of you. Life should be "balanced" with plenty of time for fun, spontaneity, and romance! Because you're an independent woman and a little shy, you only let a few people get especially close. But you have a romantic side hidden away and you're emotionally ready to experience a powerful "spark" with someone.

Falling in love is a spiritual experience for you. A truly loving relationship helps bring meaning to your life. You try hard to make your date feel comfortable and have a good time. You're good at anticipating what other people need and giving it to them. But inside, you're usually on an emotional roller coaster. You don't want to reject nice men, but also take it very personally if you're the one rejected.

You face two major challenges in finding the love of your life. First, because you're shy, you feel like you have to be someone else or "wear a mask" to go out and meet new people. You're left feeling like a distant observer, and men find it hard to truly understand you. Second, although your compassion for men is a very attractive quality, your focus on him can get in the way of getting what you want and need. It's crucial to find a way to "go with the flow" in dating as you already do in other parts of your life.

quote:

Who You're Looking For

He'll be an enigma
You're looking for a man who can be your soul mate AND playmate in life! He's a man with great integrity and the strength to stand up for causes he believes in. You'll also find he has an insatiable curiosity about life, which leads him to have a wide variety of interests and hobbies. He's shy and a little hard to get to know. But he's worth the effort! One-on-one, you'll find a very warm, easygoing and understanding man. You may find it's like awakening a hidden prince! Though he may not always put it into words, he's in touch with his emotions and will do spontaneous and romantic things to express his feelings for you.

You don't expect your partner to be in a good mood all the time. You understand that sometimes your partner will be down, get pessimistic or worry too much. These days are balanced by the many good days the two of you will share.

Yup, that's me.
Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Who You Are

You're Adored, and for Good Reasons
You bring real passion to life. You're a woman of great integrity who'll stand up and fight for causes she believes in. You have a vision for how to live the "good life" so you refuse to settle long-term for a boring job or doing something just because it's expected of you. Life should be "balanced" with plenty of time for fun, spontaneity, fashion, and romance! You have lots of friends and really appreciate the people in your life. You put the ones you love ahead of everything else. In fact, sometimes you can put them ahead of your own needs.

*pats match.com* Thanks. You're so sweet to say that.
quote:
...You're overdue to bring real romance into your life and ready to experience a powerful "spark" with someone special.
Good grief, even the computer.
quote:
Falling in love is a spiritual experience for you. A truly loving relationship helps bring meaning to your life. You try hard to make your date feel comfortable and have a good time. You're good at anticipating what other people need and giving it to them. But inside, you're usually on an emotional roller coaster. You don't want to reject nice men, but also take it very personally if you're the one rejected.
That's exactly right. I have a suspicion, though, that it would be exactly right for most people.
quote:
Men with the exact type of personality you prefer are rare gems.
That I knew.

[ April 04, 2004, 03:38 AM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

I want to take more of these quizzes. Anyone know of some good ones?
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
www.tickle.com
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Berg
Member # 133

- posted      Profile for Richard Berg   Email Richard Berg         Edit/Delete Post 
okcupid.com is the best dating site. At least by my parameters: the introductory test is hilarious, and matching is free. Take a few minutes and back me up on the first count. (hint: contrapositive)

(note: while I've spent a lot of time laughing with friends at random match/tickle/hotornot/orkut/okcupid/etc profiles we come across, I've never actually listed myself)

Posts: 1839 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

I like the color quiz, which can normally be found at http://www.colorquiz.com but it appears to be down. Bummer.
Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

See, I don't think of orkut as a dating site. To me it's more of a networking site, like Friendster or Tribe.net. I like reading the communities there. It'd be fun to meet someone via orkut, but that really wasn't my purpose in joining it. I'll happily send an invite to anyone who wants to join orkut.

I'll check out okcupid, too. It sounds like fun. [Smile]

St. Yogi
Member # 5974

- posted      Profile for St. Yogi   Email St. Yogi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You're always exploring

You're smart, insightful, and have an insatiable curiosity about life. You have a vision for how you want your life to be, so you refuse to settle long-term for a boring job or doing something just because it's expected of you. Life should be "balanced" with plenty of time for fun, spontaneity, and romance! Because you're independent and a little shy, you only let a few people get especially close. Still, you have an emotional depth that most men lack. You're ready and able to experience romance and a powerful "spark" with someone special.

quote:
What's dating al about to you

You believe dating and life in general is about learning and growing as a person. You're a great listener, so women tend to enjoy going out with you. However, it's hard for you to have a real intellectual connection with an attractive woman. Hopefully, you've found a way to "go with the flow" in dating as you already do in other parts of your life.

13% of all the men who have taken the test are similar to me.

1% of women are VERY attracted to me
39% are generally attracted to me

Well that was spot on. Especially the part about how only 1% of the female population is attracted to my type.

Posts: 739 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

*pat pats Yogi* [Smile]

Don't worry, I got the 1% too.

Valentine014
Member # 5981

Sorry, Richard, but I hated the OKCupid test. The questions didn't have enough possible answers and I thought my results were way off.

Now to try tickle.

fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
I like ice-cream. And long walks on the beach with a glass of wine or a dribbling cone. better yet, both.

[Razz]

fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daedalus
Member # 1698

- posted      Profile for Daedalus   Email Daedalus         Edit/Delete Post 
What's rather disturbing about this is how opposite my ideal partner is from me. When I get stressed, I'm most likely to take off -- if she gets stressed, I'm willing to listen to her talk and cry, and comfort her however possible. When I'm willing to wait for sex in a relationship, I get turned on if she wants it early and often. When I want to be alone, I understand if she wants me to hold her. When I have impossibly ideal standards for women, I understand if she doesn't put expect me to be a god -- rather obvious, given that she's dating me, but...

Man. I really don't want to think about the psychological ramifications, if any, that this suggests.

Posts: 641 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

Poor Lalo. You are doomed to roam the earth forever alone.

But in the mean time, take my quiz.

Valentine014
Member # 5981

Not bad, Beren, for the limited info you have on me. You do one now!
vwiggin
Member # 926

Is there really a magazine called Star Wars Insider? If so, how do I subscribe?

I think the Xavier question should be worth like, 50 points. [Smile]

Valentine014
Member # 5981

Actually [Blushing] yes, there is a magazine called Star Wars Insider, but I let that subscription lapse. You can get it at any bookstore.
vwiggin
Member # 926

We're not name twins for nothing. I might create a quiz later. Right now, I'm under the influence of vodka and Shan's cookies..... sugar and vodka, what a great combination... [Smile] You rock Shan!
Valentine014
Member # 5981

Here you go.

I am such a geek. They let members order SW Christmas cards once, so I bought them to send out, but I liked them so much, I couldn't! Ya know, they might be worth something someday....

Edit: Did you say vodka and cookies?! Mmmm.

[ April 04, 2004, 07:12 AM: Message edited by: Valentine014 ]

vwiggin
Member # 926

lol... thanks Val!

How can I resist articles like "Keira Knightly: From Star Wars to Star Power"?

Next issue: "Bend it like Yoda."

Not just any vodka, Grey Goose... yes, Shan's cookies deserve the best. [Smile]

Valentine014
Member # 5981

Ok, thanks to my darling Xavier, my lj is looking tip top now, V. See it in it's true glory.
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

- posted      Profile for Coccinelle   Email Coccinelle         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to wonder... do we identify with these personality types because they emphasize the positive personality traits more than the negative?
Posts: 862 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
At 6:59 a.m. Beren! [No No] Without me??? Naughty, truly naughty!

Glad you like the cookies - sounds like they arrived in time to help console you.

(Wanders off with mug of herbal tea chuckling at the vagaries of the male part of the human species.)

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

[Hail] Shan! *ouch got up too fast* cookie hangover... but it was well worth it. [Big Grin]

V, that is gloriouis indeed.... Count me among your obsessed fans. [Smile]

Coccinelle, I did leave out some of the less positive aspects of my results:

-Your habit of picking at your scabs is attractive to less than .005% of women.

-You may not get along with an Amish woman.

-Despite being incredibly good in bed, being a sound sleeper is really not a quality women are looking for.

[Frown] [Smile] [Big Grin]

Richard Berg
Member # 133

- posted      Profile for Richard Berg   Email Richard Berg         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Sorry, Richard, but I hated the OKCupid test. The questions didn't have enough possible answers and I thought my results were way off.

It's not supposed to be insightful (well, I suppose it is, it merely fails); it's just amusing. Whoever thought of some of the questions was having a lot of fun.
Posts: 1839 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
@Ease
Member # 3066

- posted      Profile for @Ease           Edit/Delete Post 
One of my friends met a girl through Match.com in June 2003. They were married in October 2003.

He hasn't stopped smiling since he met her.

Posts: 41 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

quote:
Whoever thought of some of the questions was having a lot of fun.
That would be those zany people at The Spark. There are some great quizzes on there. A few years ago they had this "diet" and got people to gain 30 pounds in 30 days or something and tracked it weekly. That's entertainment.

[ April 04, 2004, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: Valentine014 ]

Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
I couldn't get the match.com link to work, but the one at thespark produced

quote:

The Boy Next Door
Random Gentle Love Dreamer (RGLDm)

Kind, yearning, playful, you are The Boy Next Door. You're looking for real Love, a lot like girls do. It might not be manly, but it's sweet.

We think the next three years will be very exciting and fruitful ones for you. Your spontaneous, creative side makes you a charming date, and we think you have a horny side just waiting to shine. Or glisten, rather. You enter new relationships unusually hopeful, and the first moments are especially glorious. If you've had some things not work out before, so what.

Your exact opposite:
The 5-Night Stand

On paper, most girls would name the Boy Next Door as their ideal mate. In the real world, however, you're often passed over for more dangerous or masculine men. You're the typical "nice guy:" without just a touch of cockiness, you're doomed with girls. A shoulder to cry on? Okay, sure. But never a penis to hold.

More than any other type, Boys Next Door evolve as they get older. As we said, many find true love, but some fail miserably in the search. These tarnished few grow up to be The Men Next Door, who are creepy as hell, offering backrubs to kids and what not.

ALWAYS AVOID: The Nymph

CONSIDER: The Maid of Honor, The Peach

I don't know whether to say 'yeah! right on!' or 'that's a load of baloney.'
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
St. Yogi
Member # 5974

- posted      Profile for St. Yogi   Email St. Yogi         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Storm, I got the exact same one.

[ April 04, 2004, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: St. Yogi ]

Posts: 739 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.