FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Following in hallowed footsteps.

Author Topic: Following in hallowed footsteps.
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
It's official - the Hatrack drinking supply has been doctored again.

Tony and I are getting married!

We went down to Margaret River for a weekend, to a beautiful cottage in the bush, surrounded by native birds, kangaroos and other friendly animals. After a lovely day on Saturday, Tony took me to the Cape Leeuwin lighthouse - were two oceans meet (the Indian and the Southern). We went to the tip of the Cape, Tony got on one knee, and asked me to marry him.

Of course I said yes.

[Big Grin]

So now we, just as the two oceans, are becoming one. Aah, the symbolism.

The wedding will be at the end of the year to allow family members overseas to get here - so I'm looking forward to a fun engagement!

8 more months of being twitterpated [Big Grin]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
Muchos congratulations.
Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
How exciting!!
[Party]

Are we invited to the wedding?

Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
[The Wave]
[The Wave]

Woohoo! Congrats! [Big Grin]

Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sal
Member # 3758

- posted      Profile for Sal           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The wedding will be at the end of the year to allow family members overseas to get here
Why, couldn't they take a plane?

----

Congratulations!

Posts: 1045 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

Of course you're invited - anyone who wants to get to Australia at the end of the year is more than welcome.

[Smile]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
Oooh! Something that I'm probably one of the closest jatraqueros to! I might actually BE in Oz at the end of the year... [Big Grin]
Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Hooray! And congratulations!
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
To quote Steve Martin:

Wonderful. Simply wonderful. [Smile]

Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
CONGRATS!!!

[Party]

*starts drinking bottled water* [Wink]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!

And thanks for taking the pressure off. Now you two can post about how twitterpated you are and we can relax a little.

Isn't the end of the year the middle of Summer there? So if people from the frozen wastelands wanted to warm up in December, they should swing by your wedding, right?

And now, A little interpretive dance in honor of your engagement!

[Group Hug] [Party] [The Wave]
[Group Hug] [Party] [The Wave]
[ROFL] ............... [ROFL]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
congratulations. [Smile] [Smile]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scythrop
Member # 5731

- posted      Profile for Scythrop   Email Scythrop         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob - you are a champion - thanks heaps. So happy for you and dkw, and hope that whenever the two of you are in Australia you'll look us up.

Thanks to everyone else,too - we're both thrilled here.

Cheers,

tony and Imogen

Posts: 466 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! Congratulations.

[Party]

We can swap ideas, if the rest of Hatrack doesn't get sick of the proliferation of wedding planning threads. [Big Grin]

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, imogen. [Smile]
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Mazel tov!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

[Party]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats to Imogen and Tony! That was a very romantic place to propose. Fifteen gazillion points to Tony for choosing it. (To be used toward any prize Imogen sees fit. [Wink] )

Bob_S... I just don't see that happening. I think you both are addicted to posting about how twitterpated you are about each other. It's a need... a drug. Not too bad of a one either as far as addictions go. So keep posting. [Big Grin]

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
wow. [Smile]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((imogen and Scythrop)))))))))))))))

YAY! [The Wave]

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! [Kiss]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
mabruuk!!
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Whoo-hoo! More wedding-bells! Love is not just in the air, life-long committment is too. And it's catching!

Are we going to have virtual bouquet-throwing? I think there may be some young hopefuls out there ready to catch!

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh how beautiful!!!! What a magical place to get engaged!
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

Thanks everyone.

It does mean a lot, especially in the context of what we are facing here - only 36 hours after the proposal and we're having huge date issues with our families.

I want a stress-free wedding. I really do. Unfortunately, it seems our families have a different idea.

<-- is determined not to turn into a bridezilla.

Aah, it will all work out in the end. [Smile]

Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

At this rate, there won't be any singles left on Hatrack!

Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I want a stress-free wedding. I really do. Unfortunately, it seems our families have a different idea.

imogen, although I've never been married, I've been involved in several weddings over the past couple years. One way to cut stress is to expect things not to go as expected. No amount of planning can prevent last-minute surprises. Just shrug them off and enjoy yourself.

Congratulations to both of you. You guys are awesome. [Smile]

Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
That's WONDERFUL! You two are such great people [Smile] Good luck with the planning.

*so happy!*

Congrats!!

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tzadik
Member # 5825

- posted      Profile for Tzadik   Email Tzadik         Edit/Delete Post 
That is an awesome news. CONGRATULATIONS !!!
Posts: 102 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome awesome awesome. And even more awesome. Treat each other right, y'hear? [Big Grin]

CONGRATULATIONS! [Cool]

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Tony, big romantic points. Way to go!!

I'm so happy for you guys!! Congrats!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats imogen!

(*who's Tony?*)

I really wish I could keep track of everyone here, but it's impossible.

Good luck to you both!

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, ma'am [Big Grin]
Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratz.

Hmm. driving to Australia might be more difficult than driving to Iowa for me. However, I hear the scenery is about the same, so I'll just imagine I'm in Australia.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaiden
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Jaiden   Email Jaiden         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!
Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

Tony is Scythrop. Doesn't post as much as me (I think he procrastinates less) but he is around.

( I was so tempted to answer the "Who's Tony?" question with, "My fiance!" - But I resisted. [Smile] )

And Dan - just imagine kangarooos and maybe an ocean. Then it will be virtually indistinguishable, I'm sure.

Scythrop
Member # 5731

- posted      Profile for Scythrop   Email Scythrop         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks all for the lovely comments. It's been a *real* good weekend, made even nicer by being able to receive happy thoughts from fellow disciples of "the rack"....

Cheers all,
tony

Posts: 466 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.