FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Scar

Author Topic: The Scar
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm currently reading The Scar written by China Mieville. I'm finding it fascinating...exactly the kind of book I love.

Perdido Street Station is next on my list. Am I reading a series backwards again? I think so.

Anyone else a China fan?

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foundling
Member # 6348

- posted      Profile for foundling   Email foundling         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes indeed. I'm in the midst of Perdido Street Station. It's a wonderful book. And the fact that there is a large picture of his beautiful face on the back of the book doesnt hurt.
Posts: 499 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't read Melville, but Amazon keeps pushing it at me, due to my interest in KSR and "alternate history" novels.

It does pique my interest. I've been meaning to try something new, but was thinking of Gene Wolfe....

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foundling
Member # 6348

- posted      Profile for foundling   Email foundling         Edit/Delete Post 
Gene Wolfe kicks booty, s well. His torturer series is amazing, and so is "Devil in the Forest"
Posts: 499 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
celia, Noemon, and saxy have all recommended Wolfe too. That's where I will likely try, but what of China Melville?
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
<----- Agrees completely that he didn't hurt his book in any way by posting his picture on the cover.

[Smile]

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.