FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Anyone watching the 10 Commandments?

Author Topic: Anyone watching the 10 Commandments?
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
I love the colors and the sets.
Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
I find it funny that the 'Angel of Death' is really just a bad case of swamp gas.
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

no doubt! the special effects are fantastic.

I dig the gender-roles. even more fantastical.

the dialogue has that old-school feel, when it isn't tripping over the "thou's".

[Smile]

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
I watched a good chunk of it. I love that movie. The thing I noticed the most this time around was Nefertiri. She makes my eyes bug out of my head. What a hottie!
Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
DeMille once said that he loved doing Biblical epics, because you could fill them full of sex and still not upset religious people.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keedokes
Member # 6301

- posted      Profile for keedokes   Email keedokes         Edit/Delete Post 
I missed it!! [Frown]
Posts: 79 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Someone needs to write a story where the Ten Commandments takes place from the point of view of the Angel of Death.

Hey.... That's a good idea....

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
angelily
Member # 6298

- posted      Profile for angelily   Email angelily         Edit/Delete Post 
My favorites in the movie are Joshua and Lilia. Moses after he went to work in the pits and before he got the beard wasn't so bad either.
Posts: 58 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I kind of have a problem with the movie because he only brings out the 10 commandments after they already were worshipping the golden calf. In the book (both the Bible and Stone Tables ) they are told the ten commandments before Moses goes up, and sin in that knowledge.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to have this thing about watching it every year. I would get really upset if I missed it, or even part of it. Now, I don't really care.
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

miro,

That's kind of how I felt as a kid, but I hadn't seen it in well over a decade.

Moses succumbing to the desert heat, staggering around with the narrator talking over him. Fantastic. Like a prelude to Chevy Chase stumbling around Monument Valley in Vacation. If only Moses had put his pants on his head.

[The Wave]

fallow

Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Nathan watches this a lot - and then he quizzes the Pastor about various parts of the show. It's kind of funny, the questions he comes up with. Frequently, the response is a blink of surprise and the comment "You sure pay close attention, don't you?" The questions aren't answered directly - Nathan's encouraged to think about them and come up with his own idea and answer, which I love!
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

He asks the Pastor about details from the movie Vacation?!

[Hail]

[Smile]

fallow

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.