FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Desperate Cry for help! FrontPage...help please...

Author Topic: Desperate Cry for help! FrontPage...help please...
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

- posted      Profile for Coccinelle   Email Coccinelle         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a website due for class at 7am. It's 5:37. I haven't slept for over 48 hours. The website is done. Now, all I have to do is download it to the server. But, whenever I try to publish the site it asks for a password for the remote web site (ok, I have that) but then one for FrontPage. I didn't set-up a password for front page! I have tried every possibility that I can think of and it's not letting me in. what do I do now? Is there a file that I can delete the password from?

*freaking out*

This is the only project for this class and it has to be in on time. If you have any suggestions....

[ April 05, 2004, 06:48 AM: Message edited by: Coccinelle ]

Posts: 862 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Does this help? How about this?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

- posted      Profile for Coccinelle   Email Coccinelle         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for the links- but I don't have those items in my menus.

It's not working. and it's due in 55 minutes. My server place says not to ftp the files if they were created in frontpage. crap. i hate computers. i hate graduate school.

Posts: 862 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]

Can you reinstall frontpage? (after backing up all your files of course). I remember what homework deadlines are like, I hope it all turns out well for you.

[ April 05, 2004, 08:25 AM: Message edited by: vwiggin ]

Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayelar
Member # 183

- posted      Profile for Ayelar   Email Ayelar         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it's too late now, but you could use an FTP client other than FrontPage to move the html files to the school's servers. And avoid using MS products for anything important in the future. :\
Posts: 2220 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree -- I would use something like WS_FTP to upload the pages onto the server.

Most likely you are getting this because the server you are going to either 1) doesn't have the FrontPage extensions installed in allow publishing up directly from FrontPage, or 2) they have it security blocked for some reason.

That's why I'd try something other than the FrontPage publish feature to upload it.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
You cannot change password probably because the option is not on your tool bar. I played around with my frontpage a little (2002)... try this:

Go to: tools
go to: customize
go to: command tab
select: tools
add (by dragging onto the menu bar): "permissions" and "change password"

Hope it helps.

Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

Thank you hatrack.

After a 2 hour nap, I am much more sane. 7am cane and went and nothing was submitted but desperate e-mails to my professor.

Farmgirl- you hit the nail on the head- I saw the password thing the first time, freaked out and deleted all my files (including the extenstions) and that was my problem...well that and using the wrong username. But customer support helped me with that.

Vwiggen- thanks for the toolbar add-ins- I knew they had to be somewhere.

It's not up yet, and I'm sure there are kinks to work out, but I got past the password!!! Yay!

You all are great! Thanks!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.