FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Computer question?

Author Topic: Computer question?
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I was fiddling around with my laptop a few hours ago, drawing on a sheaf of paper half on and half off the keyboard, and when I went back to type some more, I realized that my keys were *off*. Like I pressed the K key and it typed '. It wasn't necessarily in a predictable fashion either.

My experience with wonky keyboards about a year ago... (my keyboard got water on it and stopped working, and then my motherboard was fried)... terrified me sufficiently for me to be worried. It went away when I reset the computer, then I turned it off. But is there a chance that it's a sign of some terrible problem? Or do I just need to dust my keyboard? (I do... But the fear of my compressed air damaging it because of my unskill thwarts me) Anyone know... anything??

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoberTillNoon
Member # 6170

- posted      Profile for SoberTillNoon   Email SoberTillNoon         Edit/Delete Post 
Other than: "I think you are screwed," I cannot offer any help. I just wanted to be the first to tell you.
Posts: 262 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Argèn†~
Member # 4528

- posted      Profile for Argèn†~           Edit/Delete Post 
Just buy a Mac. You'll never have that problem.
Posts: 346 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kinglear
Member # 6211

- posted      Profile for kinglear   Email kinglear         Edit/Delete Post 
When I was a tech support guy my first response to any problem was the holy trilogy: reboot, reboot, reboot.

-jon-

Posts: 100 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

As much as these solutions help, especially SoberTillNoon's, I'm gonna see if anyone else has any advice for me. In other words: Bump!
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
Check out this page, it has some great instructinos.

http://www.computing.net/howto/simple/keyboard/

Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

Zev: [Kiss]
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
[Blushing]

oooh, thanks!

[Smile]

Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.