FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Glad This Isn't An...Oh, Wait

Author Topic: Glad This Isn't An...Oh, Wait
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Frequent sexual intercourse and masturbation protects men against a common form of cancer, suggests the largest study of the issue to date yet.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
yep.... definately an onanism thread....

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
So much for "Frequin" and "Freq" as harmless replacements for the F bomb [Wink]

The reference group was only 4 -7 times a month? [Cry] Believe it or not, even Dr. Laura in her "Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands" says that isn't enough.

[ April 06, 2004, 04:26 PM: Message edited by: pooka ]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sal
Member # 3758

- posted      Profile for Sal           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The US study, which followed nearly 30,000 men over eight years
[Eek!]

And here I thought most of the US was against pre-marital sex!

Posts: 1045 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian J. Hill
Member # 5346

- posted      Profile for Brian J. Hill   Email Brian J. Hill         Edit/Delete Post 
But most of the US is not against pre-marital onanism.
Posts: 786 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Honey...don't you want to help save me from cancer? [Evil]
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Psst, Brian—I think Sal was making a joke.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
pooka, are you reading that book? [Smile]
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
That's kind of interesting. Doesn't sexual activity increase a woman's chance of getting cervical cancer? And yet, I man being sexually active decreases his chances of getting cancer?

Does God like men better? Is this God's way of saying he's actually pro homosexuality? Is it a joke along the same lines of women and men reaching their sexual peaks decades apart?

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian J. Hill
Member # 5346

- posted      Profile for Brian J. Hill   Email Brian J. Hill         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I realized that when I re-read it and saw the "shocked purple-faced guy" smilie. I guess it'll take me a while to get used to reading smilie-speak, since I don't use it myself.
Posts: 786 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

Sex with multiple partners increases the risk of getting the cervical cancer pathogen. I've never heard that monogamous sex increases it unless the man was a carrier. [Roll Eyes]

Yes, I'm reading it and I agree that a woman refusing to have sex with her husband for four years is abusing him.

Edit for spelling.

[ April 06, 2004, 04:54 PM: Message edited by: pooka ]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
A friend of mine started this train of thought, so let's see how it carries out...

quote:
In the US study, the group with the highest lifetime average of ejaculation - 21 times per month - were a third less likely to develop the cancer than the reference group, who ejaculated four to seven times a month.
I'm really curious about something. I keep seeing statistics in which the group who has the most sex has sex less than once a day. This was true in that study about different countries, too. But why wouldn't married people have sex a bare minimum of twice daily? See I'm thinking of it as a multiple choice question. You wake up and there's a naked woman in bed beside you. Do you a) get up, shower, dress, and make coffee? or b) explore various interesting possibilities inherent in that situation? Same thing at night. Do you a) roll over and go to sleep? or b) investigate more thoroughly what this whole naked-woman-in-bed-with-me thing is all about? See, I just really can't understand ever answering A to either of those. So I wonder how it can possibly be that married people on average have sex less than twice a day? I would think that was the absolute bare minimum. And I'd HOPE that there'd be some spontaneous unexpected times in between. Can married people answer this for me? Did you think this same thing before you were married, and if so what changed? What is the difference between what really happens and what it would seem obvious to anyone in advance would necessarily happen?
Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Yeah, Human, you're definitely not married. [Wink]

I believe that many men are really not capable of having sex that often. There's this thing called the refractory period wherein it's physically impossible to have another erection.

And really, how many people sleep naked?

Also, when you're not having sex, it's easy to think that you could have it a couple times a day. When you start having it, you realize that you don't want it as much as you thought you did. Most people's libido just isn't that high.

[ April 06, 2004, 11:55 PM: Message edited by: Jon Boy ]

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keedokes
Member # 6301

- posted      Profile for keedokes   Email keedokes         Edit/Delete Post 
Sure, the man can try to 'explore' all he wants. See how many times the woman will put up with it. [Smile]

*raises hand in response to Jon Boy*

Posts: 79 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Not only that, but I hear kids often eat up a fair amount of time and can dampen the sex drive [Wink] .
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Yes, I'm reading it and I agree that a woman refusing to have sex with her husband for four years is abusing him.

Uh. I think 'abuse' is a pretty mild term after four years. Four weeks is abuse. Four years is grounds for divorce unless there are mitigating circumstances.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

Keedokes, I don't know if you are male or female but assuming the women will necessarily want to have sex less often is a little sexist, isn't it?

Still, twice a day as a minimum is something I only saw on the Golden Girls.

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Um, I thought it was pretty much proven that men typically want sex more than women do. Maybe I'm mistaken.
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
I would venture to guess that you must be mistaken.
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
You don't even have to be married to know that twice a day for an extended period of time is very very hard to maintain.
Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
On average? Who knows. But there are many, many women who want sex quite frequently.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Who are these women, and where do they live?
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Some of them are in my circle of friends, and can frequently be found complaining about how their boyfriends are always too busy to have sex with them. To make matters worse, they're hot.

...but at least I know women like that exist.

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
You have much to teach us.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.