FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Now I'm restless

Author Topic: Now I'm restless
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
After a week of being stunned, then a week of being miserable, I've shaken everything off and now I'm restless. I need adventure. I've already been running, and a friend and I set up a scene with plastic cowboys and indians, sticks, and leaves on top of this girl's car, so mischief has been done. No good. Still restless. Usually sources of adventure are out, as there is no one harmless to flirt with, the shops are closed, I don't have a dance partner, and I'm too broke for plane ticket shopping.

Ideas?

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Go toilet paper someone's house.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
*stab*
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

No good. Already did the cowboys and indians scene on someone's car in that spirit.

And I did it with the only friend who has a house.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Dye your hair so you look like whatsername in 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind'. Then post pictures.

*whistles innocently*

[ April 07, 2004, 11:47 PM: Message edited by: Storm Saxon ]

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Here are some other ideas:

Cheesing People Off
Indian-Giving
Cutting Ones
Doing Some Other Things
Home Invasion
Cracking Wise
World Domination
Sending Me A Dollar

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Sara shaved her head that one time...
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Or you could buy, like, 50 lbs of Jell-O and dump it in your apartment pool....
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Spotless mind. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Sheesh.
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

You know, the hair thing actually occurred to me. I've done that before though.

Taalcon - you're on. [Frown] You're ignoring me?

--

I need to clear up the definition of "harmless" as there seems to be some confusion. No one that likes me, no one whom I like, no ice cream. Harmless. *sigh*

[ April 07, 2004, 11:56 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

katharina
Member # 827

quote:
World Domination
Sending Me A Dollar

Which to do, which to do...
Argèn†~
Member # 4528

- posted      Profile for Argèn†~           Edit/Delete Post 
Why not ask someone out for a date? Someone you only casually know. Then you get the opportunity of getting to know them better, even if it's just as friends.
Posts: 346 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

At 11:30 at night? Only Hatrack and, uh, friends that have already formed an opinion of me get to see this particular Katie.
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
Shave your head and don't stop there? Who knows where it might take you.

fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Tatto? Piercing? Assault and battery? You decide.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Get really wild and crazy
meditate.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Dig a tunnel out of the city using mostly spoons.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

Nothing wrong with yelling at the hobos.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

quote:
Which to do, which to do...
Why not do both?
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
So Kat, whaddidja do?
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

I had a spectacularly fun and honest conversation with Taalcon. [Cool]

And I mailed Jon Boy a dollar.

[ April 08, 2004, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: katharina ]

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

You wild woman, you. [Cool]

Actually, it sounds like an excellent use of time. Me, I spent my night evaluating a kid who was "sneezing 100 times an hour" (yet who never sneezed in front of me), sneaking handfuls of Kix, and watching old episodes of "What's My Line" on a grainy black & white TV set.

Whoohoo. [Big Grin]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

Wow, I'm actually impressed with how bad that sounds.
katharina
Member # 827

*grin*

That does sound like fun. If I could have gone off as a knight-in-arms or a rescuing angel, I would have. You know, it really is hard to find adventure at midnight when you've already pranked your friends and sneaked through the rich area downtown. I got an e-mail this morning that the cowboys-and-indians scene was a success. My friend went up miles in my estimation for being willing to go on the adventure with me. My other friend lost cool points for mumbling something about needing to study for his exam the next day. *sigh* Med students. [Wink]

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Woohoo!
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Jon, frame the dollar. It represents your first foray into extortion.

Kat, you've been used.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Book, I set new standards for the limits of excitement.

katharina, I was quite impressed by the action figure drama. You are quite creative. Did you take pictures? (and if you didn't, why the heaven not? [Mad] [Wink] )

Would it be wrong for me to modify someone's bumper sticker from "Who is John Galt?" to "Who is John Salt?" using high-quality enamels and an unerring eye for staying in the lines?

I think it would be wrong, but the desire has been mounting steadily over the last year and a half. I just want to see how long it would take him to recognize the change.

*itchy

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Because, you know, "G" could easily be modified to "S," as they both are kind of curvy.

I won't touch the "A is A" sticker, though. Tautologies are cool, even if pointless. Rigorous logic raises the spirits like a good, bracing, glacial wind.

MMMMmmm, brrr!

[ April 08, 2004, 11:51 AM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

katharina
Member # 827

John Galt
John Salt

Do it. That's a great idea!

--

I got this e-mail this morning, so I'm hoping pictures exist.
quote:
I got to watch as Allyson discovered her car this morning. I had snuck
around back to take a picture in the dalyight when the garage door opened.
Hiding around the corner I listened as Blaire and Allyson scoped out the
scene. They loved it. It was so hilarious. Eventually Blaire caught sight of
me and I admitted to being a part of the cause. We took some photos. It was
a great moment.

---

I'm still a little restless, but I'm going to Houston this weekend to see my aunt and Ophelia. Maybe Ophelia has ideas...

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Cool! [Cool]
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
Kat, that's great, very original!
Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Digital Man
Member # 6427

- posted      Profile for The Digital Man   Email The Digital Man         Edit/Delete Post 
CT, it would most definitely be wrong, which is precisely why you should absolutely, without question, do it at the first availible opportunity.

edit: I forgot to add... this is TAK... retiring that screen name.

[ April 08, 2004, 12:17 PM: Message edited by: The Digital Man ]

Posts: 26 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

The Digital Man, I have spent more than a full year working myself up into a high state of excitement over this. We park next to this car fairly regularly, and I always try to covertly scan its back bumper without being noticed.

I don't think I've been caught looking.

I do think I could modify it both quickly and discreetly.

However, I am concerned that he might not be able to get a replacement bumper sticker, and I don't want him to feel persecuted for his philosopho-religious beliefs. Perhaps if I were to locate another copy of the bumper sticker online, and then include a copy of the URL along with a "Go, Ayn!" notecard in an attached envelope, I could assauge my concerns.

This dithering is like to kill me. It is glorious.

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

[Wave] TAK!
The Digital Man
Member # 6427

- posted      Profile for The Digital Man   Email The Digital Man         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm... perhaps you could find the bumper sticker in advance? he had to get it somewhere...

TDM is an acceptible abbreviation, BTW, and not to worry, this is merely temporary... I just registered from work and sent the password to my home address by mistake. I shall hereafter be "Jim-Me"

yes, I know, goofy, but I'm a goofy guy and returning to my less-somber roots.

Posts: 26 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
You could always go to Walmart...
Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

So when will my dollar arrive?
katharina
Member # 827

It went out in today's mail, I'd imagine, so...maybe Monday?

--

*grins at CalvinMaker* That did occur to me, but I was missing the Wenchlings.

[ April 08, 2004, 02:56 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
You should have an ethnic dinner party, complete with decorations and music... and costumes! I'd suggest Lebanese, but you can always start out with something mild like German and build to Lebanese.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Wait—how'd you get my address, anyway?
katharina
Member # 827

From the Hatrack Newsletter.
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Is that similar to the Hatrack Blacklist?
katharina
Member # 827

You mean you don't get the newsletter?

Oh dear. I wasn't supposed to forward it, was I. *rifles through instructions*

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Oh, the newsletter! Well, of course I get the newsletter. I thought you were talking about, um, something else.
Cow-Eating Man
Member # 4491

- posted      Profile for Cow-Eating Man           Edit/Delete Post 
One of my clever friends took some masking tape and electrical tape and changed a guy's liscence plate from NETKID to NEKKID.

He's like a role model to me.

Posts: 98 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
IH8CT
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
CT - if the John Galt bumper sticker is something you need to do, buy one yourself, modify it at your leisure, and scotch tape it over the real one.

Effect achieved, no harm done.

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Go nuts, CT.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

http://www.hatrack.com/ubb/forum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=022256;p=2#000098
quote:
I tried the forum way back in the late 90's after reading about it in the old Hatrack River Newsletter
And Jon Boy thought I was joking.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.