FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Have we always...

Author Topic: Have we always...
Kasie H
Member # 2120

- posted      Profile for Kasie H   Email Kasie H         Edit/Delete Post 
...had Google ads at the bottom of the page?

Sorry if this is a repeat, but I just noticed them and I didn't see anything about it when I searched...

Posts: 1784 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
It's the third thread about it today. Actually in the last couple of hours. Which is no slight on you, I just think it's funny because i didn't even notice the ads at all!
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cochick
Member # 6167

- posted      Profile for cochick   Email cochick         Edit/Delete Post 
I did and wondered - but hadn't seen the previous threads.
Posts: 394 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
No, they're very much new. Hopefully they help defray the costs of the bandwidth we chew through [Smile]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
i was going to start a post about them
i thought it was some evil vile spyware
i hate ads...

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kinglear
Member # 6211

- posted      Profile for kinglear   Email kinglear         Edit/Delete Post 
you know, if we gotta have ads, I'd rather have google ads than anything else (other than no ads.) I saw everyone shoudl start clicking on them to help support Hatrack.... everyone clicks once an hour, I'm sure that would help...
Posts: 100 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AeroB1033
Member # 6375

- posted      Profile for AeroB1033   Email AeroB1033         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
you know, if we gotta have ads, I'd rather have google ads than anything else (other than no ads.) I saw everyone shoudl start clicking on them to help support Hatrack.... everyone clicks once an hour, I'm sure that would help...
Ya know, that's a good idea. I'll make sure to click once each time I stop by the boards. [Big Grin]
Posts: 44 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sal
Member # 3758

- posted      Profile for Sal           Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I just had a lot of fun opening all kind of Hatrack threads and checking out which context-driven ads Google would display.

Much more reliable to find out what some threads are about than the titles, don't you think?

Posts: 1045 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
I like how the ads at the bottom of this page are for movie downloads.
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Do you use the Google toolbar?
I don't, and I also don't see ads on the bottom of the page.
However, I do see ads on the right side of the page, but that's not even close to being new.

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
Nope. And I've definitely never seen ads on the right side of Hatrack.
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
aspectre, did you leave your monitor on its left side again?
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

- posted      Profile for lcarus           Edit/Delete Post 
[Confused]

The computer I'm on right now does not have the Google toolbar (though it has another pop-up blocker). I do see the ads, and I have never seen an ad on the right side of the page.

Weird.

Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
We're planning on adding the AdSense ads to our site soon, they're... classier, I guess, than most of the other options for third-party ads. Nothing flashes at you, they're easy to ignore should you wish to, they load quickly, etc.

But I admit I must not scroll down far enough here, I didn't notice them at all until people started laughing about the "relevant" ads in topics, and then it still took awhile for me to find them.

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.