FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » ER (the show)

Author Topic: ER (the show)
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
**Spoilers**

Gah! Poor Sandy! Do they HAVE to kill off a character every other show? It would be nice if they could save someone every once in a while. And to make it even worse, they take Carrie's kid away from her! Really!

Yes, it's silly to get this upset over a show. But I do get upset. I'm still upset that Jadzia died.

Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
That's why I stopped watching that show. It just got ridiculous. How can I care about the characters when they're doing that shtuff to them??

My roommate watches it...

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I could never get into that show. Of course, that's probably because doctors/hospitals creep me out. [Frown]
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa, which one was Sandy?

I missed it tonight. [Frown]

I like the show but I can't remember any names except Luka (err whatever) and John.

And why did they take her kid away?

Don't answer that! It's still on in this time zone! YAY!

[ April 09, 2004, 12:47 AM: Message edited by: PSI Teleport ]

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karen.elizabeth
Member # 6345

- posted      Profile for karen.elizabeth   Email karen.elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to watch it when wutshisface and wutsherface were gettin' it on, but then thatotherdude got all creepy.

wow. And I used to be a rabid watcher.

Posts: 45 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
angelily
Member # 6298

- posted      Profile for angelily   Email angelily         Edit/Delete Post 
i like the show. i'll never think of carter as the professional, smart attending; he'll always be the fool med student to me. poor weaver; i hate sandy's family [Mad]
Posts: 58 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lauraah
Member # 1930

- posted      Profile for lauraah   Email lauraah         Edit/Delete Post 
Not a huge ER fan, but Jadzia dying still makes me mad too!! And it was in such a horribly stupid way. I sympathize. [Frown]
Posts: 51 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
In high school, I was a total ER addict. Just the other day, my friends and I were trying to determine when it jumped the shark. I maintain it was when they killed the Lucy girl off, but my friends say it was back when George Clooney left. Either way, Dr. Green dying off was the absolute end. I'm sure in real hospitals, the doctors and nurses die all the time when their contracts run out.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
I have been a ER fan, too. But I had to stop when I went in Lille to study and hadn't a TV. Just now there are one episode each day at 6PM, and I don't watch it each day. Just too bloody for me. Anyway I know what will happen by the Internet, and don't want to see some parts.
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

I agree with your friend Annie. It jumped when whatzerface died. That's when I stopped watching regularly.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Whoa, which one was Sandy?

She was Carrie's wife.

Such a pity, I thought she was a great character.

Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
No, I liked some of the storylines after Lucy died. I maintain it was when Green died - haven't watched since, except once where I saw Romano had one arm and wanted to operate...

What's up with that?

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

SPOILERS

Romano lost his arm because of an helicopter on the roof of the hospital. He didn't take care enough and his arm has been taken. They tried to repair, but the arm didn't work so he has been amputated. Which is sad. Romano is an absolute a$$ but I still liked him.

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
MORE SPOILERS

Romano *was* an absolute ass... he was killed the next time he got in a helicopter.

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
SPOILERS

Actually, he was UNDER the helicopter.

Which one was Jadzia?

[ April 09, 2004, 10:18 AM: Message edited by: PSI Teleport ]

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I kinda liked Romano. Yeah, he was a jerk, but he was actually starting to come around, and it was interesting to see the changes he was going through. It's a pity that he got killled off before we got to see what he could have been. [Frown]
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
Jadzia is Jadzia Dax from Deep Space Nine. [Smile]
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sweet William
Member # 5212

- posted      Profile for Sweet William           Edit/Delete Post 
Which one was Jadzia?

Worf's wife?

Posts: 524 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

I thought it was obvious that I meant in ER.

[Razz]

Anna
Member # 2582

SPOILERS

Oh, poor Romano ! I would so have liked to see a human part of him. Why not see him falling in love, for exemple... [Grumble]
EDIT : typo.

[ April 09, 2004, 02:11 PM: Message edited by: Anna ]

JohnKeats
Member # 1261

- posted      Profile for JohnKeats           Edit/Delete Post 
Was a big fan of ER for a while. Had to stop watching it because I just couldn't handle seeing a group of characters find themselves in impossibly difficult ethical dilemmas week after week after week.

I didn't even know that Rommano was dead now. Good riddance. It was fun to watch his character be FORCED to change after the heli-chopter incident... and it's alright sometimes to have "the guy you like to hate", but he was over-the-top insensitive all the time. Every time he walked on the screen I wanted to say "Sorry about your penis, man..."

Following in the Xername Xisname traditions established upthread, let me do some 'fact' checking. Is Carrie Dr. Weaver's first name? It was HER baby they took away? Sandy was her firefighter partner and they went through a lot trying to have a baby, correct?

Wait, let me hypothesize. I remember Dr. Weaver had a miscarriage. Does that mean they switched and wanted Sandy to have the baby instead? How did Sandy die? How old is the baby when Sandy's parents steal it from Dr. Weaver?

Posts: 4350 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

It was Sandy's baby, and it was an infant. Probably less than six months old. Sandy's family took it away when Sandy died. I'm not sure about the other things.

Now who the heck is Jadzia??!

[ April 09, 2004, 02:18 PM: Message edited by: PSI Teleport ]

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
When the hell did Romano die!?
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Ummm, the beginning of the season I think? He was outside and a helicopter went all funky as it was leaving the helipad. It crashed onto him and they didn't find his body until the next episode. [Evil]
Ryuko
Member # 5125

Jadzia Dax was a character from Deep Space Nine. She was a symbiotic being, part human and part symbiote, I believe. Maybe not human, I don't remember. Anyway, she fell in love with Worf, and then they got married, but as soon as they were happy, she died. The symbiote lived on, merged with someone else, and I can't remember exactly what happened, but yeah. That's the jist.

And Sandy died because of a fire somehow. I dunno, I don't really like the show, my roommate was in the room watching it.

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Okay, when RRR said Jadzia, I still thought she was talking about ER.

Nevermind. [Big Grin]

JohnKeats
Member # 1261

- posted      Profile for JohnKeats           Edit/Delete Post 
Warf never deserved to be loved, anyway.
Posts: 4350 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

O_O

[Mad]

JohnKeats, you'd better get outta this thread pretty.... darn.... quick...

(cracks knuckles)

... [Wink]

larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
The actress who plays Sandy has a major role in a Lifetime show called The Division. I've never watched it, but I've seen her in the promos.

**spoiler**
I remember thinking as I watched last night's episode that Kerry and Sandy better have set up some legal papers for custody because something is going to go horribley wrong. And then... get worse. All through out the episode they kept foreshadowing and setting things up. From the looks Sandy's mother kept giving Kerry to the last talk she was having with Corday, there were signs that pointed to that last moment, yet the look Kerry had on her face was heartwrenching.

Adding: Sandy and another firefighter got seriously injured as either a roof collapsed on top of them or the floor gave way from under them. I can't remember which happened. I do remember that it was the third injured firefighter who mentioned it.

[ April 09, 2004, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: larisse ]

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Oh, poor Romano ! I would so have liked to see a human part of him. Why not see him falling in love, for exemple...
Anna, I think he kinda liked Elizabeth towards the end..partly why it was so dissapointing to see him die. [Frown]

(edit: stupid insert button [Grumble] )

[ April 09, 2004, 08:33 PM: Message edited by: Eruve Nandiriel ]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrianM
Member # 5918

- posted      Profile for BrianM   Email BrianM         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to watch this show with my wife all the time until the third major character got the axe -- literally.
Posts: 369 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I remember thinking as I watched last night's episode that Kerry and Sandy better have set up some legal papers for custody because something is going to go horribley wrong. And then... get worse. All through out the episode they kept foreshadowing and setting things up.
Yeah, I think that's the point of killing off Sandy. ER's producers/writers probably wanted to create a situation that emphasized why the gay marriage thing is such a big issue. Carrie's marriage is probably not going to be recognized by the courts, which will open the debate on legitimizing gay marriages (especially in the cases where the couple had a child together).

And of course this increases the controversy of the show and boosts ratings.

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.