FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Staying on Topic

Author Topic: Staying on Topic
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
This is not some kind of discussion forum where y'all get to sit around and chat with your friends.

This is not a place where people are free to share whatever thought comes into their minds, all willy-nilly like.

Sweet jebus, you'd think this was some kind of Internet Cafe or Intellectual Salon the way some of you act. We are not having conversations, people. There are agendas, and strict rules to follow, and preprinted minutes of these meetings that must be read aloud like scripts, otherwise all HellBoy will break out, and then where would we be?

We wouldn't know what to say, that's where we'd be. You wouldn't know what to expect.

Do you want that?

Do you?

I didn't think so. Certainly, it's not what I'm here for. Now speak up smart, listen for your cues, and don't spill any coffee on the scripts while you're at it.

Hmmmph. [Grumble]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
I think we're going to have to start contracting out more threads overseas, CT. They understand rules, and at fifty percent of the cost!

[ April 10, 2004, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: Ralphie ]

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Production is entirely Not Up To Snuff, Ralphie.

I am not pleased, not pleased at all. [Mad]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
*spills coffee at Ralphie*

Now you need to get your clothes off.

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Except, of course, all those oversea posters are big skanks. There's that.
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Always lying around on nude beaches, what with their curvy legs and silky curly hair.

Grrrr, it's a waste of valuable Time (=Money) to laze around on beaches like that.

Ralphie, that's definitely the last straw. Slave labor is what we need. Monkeys typing out whole threads, and doe-eyed starving children in sweatshops to read 'em aloud all proper-like, with good punctuation and all. Pronounce those apostrophes, they will, or I'll have their skinny little hides on the wall.

Enough of this. [No No]

Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
It wasn't a nude beach!

[Mad]

*spills coffee on CT*

Now you have to undress too

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

You had too many adjectives in your post, CT. Too many adjectives is wasteful.

::narrows eyes at the shifty CT::

[ April 10, 2004, 01:33 PM: Message edited by: Ralphie ]

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw two T's instead of a T and an F in shifty. o_O
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Just want to remind everyone, that outsourcing is going to prisons, as well as overseas. We have our own slave labor to draw on in privately run prisons.

My point, though, is that if this thread gets outsourced or contracted to prisoners ...

well, y'all might want to throw some clothes back on. [Razz]

Or not. [Dont Know]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I was under the impression that most of the internet was *already* produced by monkeys typing randomly. [Dont Know]
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Nude beaches and spilling coffee are not good bedfellows.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I was all aboard with this 'back to the script' stuff until Ralphie, Kama, and CT got nekkid.

Now I propose a revised script.

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

quote:
I was under the impression that most of the internet was *already* produced by monkeys typing randomly.
Maybe you've been spending too much time around businesses outsourcing with these folks.

quote:
Welcome. Primate Programming Inc. is dedicated to the advancement and gainful employment of non-human great apes within the United States information technology sector. We are the pioneer in Primate Programming (PP) worldwide.

As you explore this website, you will get an understanding and appreciation of the economics of primate programming. A skilled primate from our firm can handle code maintenance and report writing for as little as 45 cents per hour.

I understand they're starting to train some of them in massage therapy as well. [Smile]
Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anthro
Member # 6087

- posted      Profile for Anthro   Email Anthro         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Monkeys typing out whole threads
And this will be different how?

By the way, we can save money using semicolons instead of colons and thereby produce more threads, all of which will be on topic, of course.

Posts: 550 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
I just thought you cats might be interested to know that I got a sandwich today. And it was good.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait, Kama, CT, and Ralphie are all disrobing?

*stays in thread*

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

Hey Sax, that's cool.

I got a pizza today and it was good. [Smile]

Mostly because it had pepperoni on it but the total lack of dead fish also enhanced its goodness.

saxon75
Member # 4589

Sandwiches and naked women. What more could you want from a thread?

PS: Right on, sndrake!

[ April 10, 2004, 04:35 PM: Message edited by: saxon75 ]

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Now what are you doing.
saxon75
Member # 4589

Taking this thread in new and exciting directions.

Now let's see... We have sandwiches, pizza, and naked women. What this thread really needs is some beer. And maybe football.

zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry. I brought some of Ralphie's favorite beer. ]
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Don't make me go Terminator on you, boy.
saxon75
Member # 4589

Maybe you should wrestle. I just happen to have all this jello...
StigLarson
Member # 5579

- posted      Profile for StigLarson           Edit/Delete Post 
I've never seen stout described so poetically. Its a beautiful thing.
Posts: 85 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sal
Member # 3758

- posted      Profile for Sal           Edit/Delete Post 
Dagonee, I don't quite agree. Not quite.

Except for rabbits. Salad and sex. Crumbs of a thunderstorm in slightly reddish overtones. Or overtures?

Posts: 1045 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Cool. Now I've got people disagreeing with me before I post in a thread. Too bad it wasn't on topic, though. [Taunt]

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa. Maybe Sal's, like, precognizant or something.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
He's a precog! Quick, capture him and make him predict murders!
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

- posted      Profile for lcarus           Edit/Delete Post 
[Hail] CT
Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.