FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Are you a discriminating StrongBad/The Cheat fan? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Are you a discriminating StrongBad/The Cheat fan?
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
In anticipation of the big game of StrongBad mafia, in which Tom Davidson said he was planning on playing in, I offer this thread as a means of whetting your collective appetites.

In this thread we are not talking about entire Strong Bad emails or entire cartoons that we like.

No, in this thread, we are talking about hilarious moments in a Strong Bad email or cartoon that just deserves to get recognition on it's own.

I've found that discriminating SB/DC fans recognize that there are too many parts of each email or cartoon that are gut-busting hilarious to just mention an entire episode. This thread is for us..... the discriminating fans.

I'll go first....

First watch this...

http://www.homestarrunner.com/whatsinthebag.html

Now, it's actually two small moments when HSR comes up to StrongMad, StrongBad and The Cheat in an effort to figure out what they're looking at. When HSR gets too close to the Cheat the first time, The Cheat grumbles something and Homestarrunner replies with a 'certainly,' then takes a step away from the Cheat.

When HSR comes back, the same thing happens, except this time, HSR does a back flip.

Pure, comedic genius. Top-drawer comedy, IMHO.

Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
I love it when the Cheat is freaking out and foaming at the mouth while in jail. And the Cheat's "Henchman" shirt.

Linky

[ April 13, 2004, 09:09 PM: Message edited by: Jon Boy ]

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
sb email: caffeine

This is the best sbemail yet. From the "sanca" joke to Stong Mad's irrational fear of small birds to the flogging of Coach Z. I laughed, I cried. I mostly laughed.

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

"At this point, the test subject was dead."

"I'm not dead!"

"Shut up."

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
I actually watched "thing in a bag" earlier today. It's one of my all time favorites.

"It escaped."

"Into the mountains."

"I lied. I was trying to be a cool guy."

Also, I posted this link in the strongbad mafia thread, but it would be well suited here too.

Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
The "Rhythm and Grammar" CD. It cracks me up every time, and I quote it to people when I edit their stuf...
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
Links, people. We needs tha links.
Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aretee
Member # 1743

- posted      Profile for aretee   Email aretee         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, you're talking to the teacher who has Strongbad and The Cheat clings on her white board at school. I show Sbemails to my 3rd period as incentives. They love them!

I love whenever Stongbad's little body moves back and forth when he sings. He does it in Different Town when he's singing about Homsar being a modestly hot girl to get him through the hard times. He also does it in Caper when he's singing about the Cheat--the part when he sings "Just the claps!"

OOOOOO! And the part in Local News when the Cheat is doing the traffic report and you see Strong Mad throwing the Cheat in the air and in the background you hear someone making chopper noises.

We own "Strong Bad Sings" and it's absolutely hilarious!

That's all for now. I have a crush on StrongBad. [Blushing]

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
"Arrowed!"
"Children!"
"MSG'd!"
"Boating Mishap!"

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

Wow. Aretee. Long time no see.

How are ya?

aretee
Member # 1743

Yeah, I can't even say I've been lurking. I've just been slacking.

I've been pretty darn good. I'm engaged. So, that's been exciting. [Big Grin] (To keep with this thread...) And, my fiance and his kids are the ones who got me into Homestarrunner. We watch as a family.

Here's another example: In couch patch not only do you get to see the classic "Too Close For Comfort" stripe in the background, the Brothers Chaps include the bends of the flourescent lights when Homestar is spitting teddy grahams at the ceiling. And, AND, I love the little "Ptooie! Ptooie!" sounds he makes. Man, that's great!

OH! Strong Sad doing Tai Chi in The new Toon . "Hoping you don't get shived." Man, the Brothers Chaps are geniuses!

And the last one I'm going to post tonight, though I don't have a link, because I can't remember which email it's in...but it's when Homestar is pouring Mountain Dew on Strongbad's keyboard and he sings "Never ending soda...ahhh ahhhhh ahhhhh!"

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
[/homestarvoice]
I will now show you how to make a wet computer out of StrongBad's computer. Take a bottle of Mountain Dew and apply liberally.
[/homestarvoice]

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
"They'll be all up ons!"

[ April 15, 2004, 02:25 AM: Message edited by: Da_Goat ]

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

#78 - Anything for aretee and sarcasticmuppent.

The one that Homestar does for Strongbad.

added for Da_Goat: It's lard yo!

[ April 15, 2004, 02:37 PM: Message edited by: peterh ]

Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

- posted      Profile for lcarus           Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I've never found them more than moderately amusing.

[Dont Know]

So, um, to answer your question: no. Not particularly.

Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

Then get out.

Yo.

peter the bookie
Member # 3270

- posted      Profile for peter the bookie           Edit/Delete Post 
"We need to figure out how to get some drinks like without actually having to get some drinks."

Oh, wow, I've lived this scene. Lying in a hammock with my minion from the clown caper over spring break. Our solution of using the cell phone he had in his pocket to call someone in the house didn't have nearly the same comedic value as looking at a thing in a bag. Of course, we didn't have to get up off our lazy asses either.

You other minions should learn from his example.

Posts: 318 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

[Taunt]
Posts: 1112 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aretee
Member # 1743

I think you had to live a significant amount of your conscious life during the 80s to get much of the humour. I was born in '73, but I don't remember much of the 70s. The 80s however, I have many memories that Strongbad and Co. cap on and bring to mind. Stongbad's "Compy" computer. That's funny. Strong Sad going to the "Clash of the Titans Con"! That was funny. Not only because of Clash of the Titans, but because I went to EnderCon and met a bunch of nerds. It just hits home with me.
lcarus
Member # 4395

I'm 32.

ADDED: I get the references. They make me smile. But funny? They don't make me laugh out loud. Pat says he finds them bust-a-gut funny or some such (I don't feel like scrolling up on my slow work computer.) Do you actually laugh hysterically over them?

[ April 15, 2004, 03:16 PM: Message edited by: lcarus ]

peterh
Member # 5208

You're OLD! [Razz]
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Look, Icarus has hands that look like biscuit dough. At least to me.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

Hands? Those are my wings!

(And I think it was awfully nice of the mods to put in a graemlin just for me!)

aretee
Member # 1743

Yeah, wow, 32. You are old! [Big Grin]

Yes, I roll when I watch some of them.

Lures and Jigs Makes me almost wet my pants.

One thing that is so darn funny is: what makes people think things like this? Who comes up with this stuff? Well, the Brothers Chaps.

Well, maybe Pat and I are just similar, sick individuals. I know he likes TMBG. I think we would have hung out in college had we known each other. [Smile]

lcarus
Member # 4395

Now see, I regularly laugh out loud an TMBG lyrics. Interesting.
peter the bookie
Member # 3270

What about weeble and bob? Do they make you lol?
Posts: 318 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

Weeble and bob?

[Confused]

Must have missed that.

St. Yogi
Member # 5974

- posted      Profile for St. Yogi   Email St. Yogi         Edit/Delete Post 
Come on Icarus! Take a look at this one and tell me you don't laugh: little questions
Posts: 739 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

I chuckled slightly when he said "I would not have guessed you were not from around here" or something like that. I smiled at other points. I nearly had an epileptic seizure from trying to read two lines of dialogue at the same time, when he was subtitling, though, because I'm a compulsive reader.

Guess I'll go play the other one now that the kids are gone.

lcarus
Member # 4395

aretee . . . nope. Smiled a couple of times--most notably when he was doing his jigs--but that's it. Pants are dry.
peter the bookie
Member # 3270

Did Different Town make you laugh?
St. Yogi
Member # 5974

- posted      Profile for St. Yogi   Email St. Yogi         Edit/Delete Post 
Ic, at the end of the fishing one click on the word fishing on the screen. Should at least make you chuckle.

[ April 15, 2004, 03:57 PM: Message edited by: St. Yogi ]

Posts: 739 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lcarus
Member # 4395

I have to go home now . . . I'll try it later.

Yeah, I generally appreciate the hidden stuff a bit more.

odouls268
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for odouls268   Email odouls268         Edit/Delete Post 
The hundreth strong bad email when he says "I'll say 'email' 100 times." And then he does.
"Emailemailemailemailemailemail..."

One...hundred....times

edit: i cant find the darned 100th email. i'll find it. fret not. Found it

[ April 16, 2004, 06:59 AM: Message edited by: odouls268 ]

Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

And the fiftieth email at the very end when the banner comes down on top like the end of all of them, but this time Strong Bad adresses it
"What?! The paper?! No, go back up go back up!!" 50th emaiiiiiilllllll

Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

- posted      Profile for Trisha the Severe Hottie   Email Trisha the Severe Hottie         Edit/Delete Post 
I simply adore Kid's Book
But I started reading them from the beginning, and I just love the decor in Strongsad's room in depressio

Posts: 666 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

And here's something that's really cool that I found while trying to get my mitts on the hundreth email.

http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail100.html

Edit: Trust me. Click it again. Patience, Grasshopper.

[ April 16, 2004, 07:04 AM: Message edited by: odouls268 ]

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

There's so much good stuff in the jail cartoon. I love the "You set me up! You set me up!" followed later by the "You sold me out! You sold me out!" And then there's the fact that nobody can say "baklava" correctly. And the "dun dun DUN's."
pooka
Member # 5003

The duns were funny. Also when Marzipan asks H*R what he's doing to fight crime and he says "I could put a hyphen between Homestar and Runner". (edit spelling)

[ April 16, 2004, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: pooka ]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Professor Tor Coolguy
Member # 6361

- posted      Profile for Professor Tor Coolguy   Email Professor Tor Coolguy         Edit/Delete Post 
meedley meedley meedley meedley meedley meedley meedley meedley meedley meedley meedley MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Posts: 28 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strong Bad
Member # 6471

- posted      Profile for Strong Bad   Email Strong Bad         Edit/Delete Post 
Click on "The Cheat" at the end. One of the best Easter eggs ever.

[ April 19, 2004, 06:48 PM: Message edited by: Strong Bad ]

Posts: 41 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
drumsntolkein
Member # 6095

- posted      Profile for drumsntolkein           Edit/Delete Post 
ok i definitely don't have a favorite
They're ALL wayyy too awesome, and my friends and i quote them constantly.....howEVER....

"Kristen, You look burnt, or dead!"

"I have a crush on every boy!"

"Arrowed!"

"Owwww, my skin!"

Posts: 76 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

Tofu is made from little baby seals

[Eek!] [Evil Laugh]

Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
Oooh, if you want it to be possessive, it's just ITS, but if it's supposed to be a contraction, then it's I T apostrophe S!
Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aretee
Member # 1743

Scalwag!

"And I don't care how spell on the internet! When you email me, write the whole word out!"

the perpetual newby
Member # 6468

- posted      Profile for the perpetual newby   Email the perpetual newby         Edit/Delete Post 
"Cerebellum'd"

[ROFL]

"I'll improve on your methods!"

"The entire United States in tight, white brand underpants" ... "Me, I blame the pudding pops"

Posts: 25 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Strong Bad's Stinko Man is so cute. He's hilarius in this form, specially when he meets the 1936 Home Star version...That was just priceless.
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

#93 - Army is one of the great ones.

H* is hilarious in this.

pooka
Member # 5003

The Science symposium mafia is down to 4, any idea when StrongBad mafia is looking to roll?
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

After Pat graduates, which I believe is mid-May.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.