FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Boothby171
Member # 807

- posted      Profile for Boothby171   Email Boothby171         Edit/Delete Post 
Aspectre,

quote:
The WorldTradeCenter was specificly redesigned to withstand a hit from commercial aircraft before building was allowed to commence in 1970. And the two towers did. The reason the towers fell was because of paperwork fires melting the steel support beams: which might have survived even that unforeseen hazard had they been fireproofed with the asbestos specified in that redesign rather than the inferior replacement fireproofing.

There were bills introduced every CongressionalSession for over 30years to both the Senate and House Transportation Committees to prevent access to the cockpit of commercial airliners, to bring security up to near-Israeli standards. And killed in-committee due to strong lobbying (read bribery via campaign contributions, etc) by US airlines.

Put two and two together: where do you think all the paperwork from those past Congressional bills were kept? At the World Trade Center!

No, but seriously, the jet fuel volatalized into the initial fireballs we all saw (repeatedly), and additional fuel dumped into the elevator shafts.

I'll try to read these reports you have all tagged to, but the Civil Engineering firm I work for is 45 minutes north of Manhattan, and many of us were on-site as part of the on-going engineering support during the initial clean-up efforts. Many of our engineers are members & leaders in the civil engineering groups that were involved in the evaluations afterwards.

I was also on-site for one day--it wasn't "paperwork fires."

Posts: 1862 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.