FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Why am I attracted to...

Author Topic: Why am I attracted to...
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
...the pyrokinetic girl in Hellboy?

I mean, when she lifts up her hand and all of a sudden it's on fire and the fire is blue, I just want to... rowr. Unf. Mmmm.

I realize it helps that I find her (Selma Blair) very attractive. Maybe that's all it is. But the fire is like this cool extra bonus. I dunno. Maybe I'm just frazzled from chronic sleep deprivation – these last two months or so have been patently absurd as far as my degree is concerned – or maybe I have a thing for fire and I'm just trying to hide it. Dunno.

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Watch that teenage version of Dangerous Liasons. You'll like it. [Smile]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
There was someone else who watched Hellboy while sleep deprived. But he didn't like it. I forget who it was. If you people are all so sleep deprived, why do you spend your spare time watching movies? [Razz] I mean, I can see "I've been keeping vigil over my dying grandmother and I'm so sleep deprived". But "I was watching 'Hellboy' and Waaah, I'm so sleep deprived?" Granted, in your case it made it more enjoyable. So, uhhh, congrats.

Edit: Duh, spelling

[ April 15, 2004, 05:12 PM: Message edited by: pooka ]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
As a stright woman, let me say...

Selma Blair is totally hot.

And fire is always a plus.

::wants pyrokinesis::

Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Yeah, she's wholesome, natural, and drop-dead gorgeous.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it just me, or does she remind anyone else of Ralphie? [Wink]
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Without the fire, I can see it. [Wink]
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
hmmmm...Perhaps she's the love child of Ralphie and Trogdor. [Evil]
Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

[Big Grin]
John L
Member # 6005

- posted      Profile for John L           Edit/Delete Post 
Because she (the fire-girl character) has mental problems, even though she's a good girl at heart.
Posts: 779 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Wait, what makes you think I'm attracted to mentally unstable women?
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
There was someone else who watched Hellboy while sleep deprived. But he didn't like it. I forget who it was. If you people are all so sleep deprived, why do you spend your spare time watching movies? I mean, I can see "I've been keeping vigil over my dying grandmother and I'm so sleep deprived". But "I was watching 'Hellboy' and Waaah, I'm so sleep deprived?" Granted, in your case it made it more enjoyable. So, uhhh, congrats.

Edit: Duh, spelling

Pooka, it's me you're talking about, but you've got it all wrong. Yes, I was a little sleepy during Hellboy, but it was Lost In Translation that I was sleep deprived during, and that was only during my second viewing of it.
Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

I know BtL in the real world. And we mostly do it for Ralphie's benefit. [Wink]
Sal
Member # 3758

- posted      Profile for Sal           Edit/Delete Post 
Do what? [Eek!]

[ April 15, 2004, 10:55 PM: Message edited by: Sal ]

Posts: 1045 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aretee
Member # 1743

- posted      Profile for aretee   Email aretee         Edit/Delete Post 
Selma Blair? The evil chick from Legally Blonde? And what's that other movie...with Cameron Diaz and Christina Applegate? I don't think Selma Blair is pretty at all.

Some other dude was talking about Jennifer Connoly (or however you spell it). Now, she's pretty. Oh! It was Slash. He likes her.

But that's just my opinion. I've been in love with Brenden Fraser since I was 17.

Edit: Stupid Typos

[ April 15, 2004, 11:02 PM: Message edited by: aretee ]

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
My first boyfriend looked like Brendan Frasier. Awwww.
Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dobbie
Member # 3881

- posted      Profile for Dobbie           Edit/Delete Post 
I thought Ilsa (the blonde) was hotter.
Well, Liz was hotter in the sense of starting fires, but otherwise Ilsa was hotter.

Posts: 1794 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Really? I found the blond less wholesome.
angelily
Member # 6298

- posted      Profile for angelily   Email angelily         Edit/Delete Post 
She was also in Cruel Intentions with Reese Witherspoon, Sarah Michelle Gellar, and Ryan Phillippe.

She's not beautiful, but she's cute.

Posts: 58 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Why am I attracted to the Wolf from The 10th Kingdom? Why is anyone attracted to anyone!?

Wait, I know the answer to the first question. Because he's HOT. (drools)

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

*raises hand timidly*

I had forgotten about Wolf. Yeah, I thought he was pretty hot.

*waits to be flamed for being a furry again*

[Angst]

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

Shhh... Doesn't count. He's only hot when he's NOT furry.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

*is reeeally hesitant to say this*

As much as I hate to further incriminate myself (I honestly had never considered thinking of myself as a "furry" until someone called me one here) I feel I must confess that it was in part the "wolfishness" that made him all the more appealing to me.

[Angst] [Angst] [Angst]

Ryuko
Member # 5125

Meh. (shrug) You're only furry if you want to be. Wolf appeals to the primal senses. (drools)
twinky
Member # 693

If I'm attracted to pyrokinetics, you can be attracted to wolves.
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Because she (the fire-girl character) has mental problems, even though she's a good girl at heart.
Thank you for clarifying.
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Bev, it's better to be accused of wanting the furry, than to be accused of actually BEING the furry. [Embarrassed]

Oh, and Selma Blair. Ehh, neh.

[ April 17, 2004, 03:41 PM: Message edited by: PSI Teleport ]

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.