FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Jatraquon T-shirts? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Jatraquon T-shirts?
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
Are we doing that or not?

I had my modest proposal for one, Taal made up another and Annie said she would work on a design, too.

Anyone else?

[ April 18, 2004, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: Kama ]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kasie H
Member # 2120

- posted      Profile for Kasie H   Email Kasie H         Edit/Delete Post 
I *love* the "Kiss Me I'm a Jatraquera" idea!!

I vote for that.

Posts: 1784 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought I had a version of this . . .

*looks*

Yep:

http://homepage.mac.com/fugu13/kissme.jpg

http://homepage.mac.com/fugu13/kissme3.jpg

http://homepage.mac.com/fugu13/kissme4.jpg

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

We're sorry, but we can't find the HomePage you've requested
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
I put 95% of my vote towards the kiss me shirt, but I love the other one as well.
Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
hmmmm . . .

*checks*

oh, duh.

http://homepage.mac.com/fugu13/kissme.gif

http://homepage.mac.com/fugu13/kissme3.gif

http://homepage.mac.com/fugu13/kissme4.gif

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

[Cool]
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't even come to KamaCon, and I would buy a shirt that says "Kiss me, I'm a Jatraquera"!!! That's an awesome idea, I like Kama's design best (Sorry fugu).
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I love the Prove Your Existance tagline. The kiss me one could be made for hatrackers in general, but the other one could be modified and printed up for other big gatherings. And it's just so-so-so clever! And I like that it has the con name and the city... I really think we need both.

Um, I've got a line on a place that makes shirts cheap, if no one else does. My church uses them all the time...

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I agree ElJay. The Prove your Existence tag-line is really appropriate and hilarious. [Wink] (Even though I probably can't come myself. I would still buy one.)
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I absolutely want a Prove Your Existence shirt. [Big Grin]

Any chance we can get some (well, one, anyway [Wink] ) with 3/4-length-or-longer sleeves?

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
I want one! Make that (2) 3/4-length shirts. I love the PYE line.

*will be proving her existence to Xavier on May 6 and Shindaites in June*

Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm. "Shindaite" is a great word and a great Hatrack meme. *adds it to the list*
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
As much as I would like to be kissed for being a Jatraquera, I prefer the "Prove your existence" line. It's completely fitting for this gathering, I think.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I think we should combine them.

"Prove your existence."
"Kiss me."

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I also like combining the ideas. Have the Kiss Me logo on the front, then on the back you can have in regular lettering the Prove Your Existence 2004 idea. Kind of like concert shirts are done -- with a graphic on the front and the tour dates/places on the back.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

*shrug* I'd actually rather not have the Kiss Me bit on there at all. But that's probably just me.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

quote:

"Prove your existence."
"Kiss me."

Would make it so I couldn't wear this shirt. Anywhere but at the con itself, with lots of other people around me also wearing it, of course. I get enough street harrassment as it is, this would just be asking for trouble.

"Kiss me I'm a Jatraquera" at least would make people pause to question what a Jatraquera is, and is not so much a challenge.

Edit 'cause rivka was faster.... it's not just you. I think we need two shirts.

[ April 18, 2004, 08:04 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Oh, that's fine. I was kidding. [Smile]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
Kat, I liked the idea [Smile]

Actually I love the idea of being at an event with lots of Jatraquera's wearing a shirt with the words "kiss me" on it.
::grins::

[ April 18, 2004, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: Zevlag ]

Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
I think we should make the KamaCon shirt for the actual con, but make the "Kiss me, I'm a jatraquera" available online for everyone.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Why can't we use katharina's idea (from another thread)...
quote:
Jatraqueros: Like your real friends. Only smarter.

on the shirts?

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Okay, I want to see this happen, so I'm going to make it happen, assuming there's enough interest. I will get a price quote for getting both shirts done at different quantities, post it, take orders (with size needs, so I know what to get) and have the shirts made. First we need two things:

What color? I really don't need any more white T-shirts. How about a nice teal for the Kiss Me one, with the text in white? Other suggestions?

On the KamaCon one, does the graphic in the logo have any particular meaning, or is it just there to add visual interest? 'Cause one-color printing is going to be a lot cheaper. I'd like to see the logo modded slightly to be a solid white box with the KAMA and CON in black, with the strip in the middle black and CHICAGO in white, and slap it on a black shirt. But again, just an idea. What do y'all think?

Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to say I like Taal's idea best. It's simple, effective, has punch. . .
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

Can we have girl-shaped shirts, too?
katharina
Member # 827

Yes to Taal's. It's perfect. [Smile]

And...to Kama. Girl-shaped t-shirts, please.

BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
ElJay you are a wonderful human being. I want to see the shirts happen, but considering how stressed out I let myself get over the hotel situation I don't think volunteering myself is a good idea.

Particularly after the several "N.A.V.Y."-Never Again Volunteer Yourself lectures I've gotten from Steve recently, that were for my own good. I have this bad tendency to overcommit myself and then stress out getting everything done.

So for Kama Con I'm delegating away!

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Colors -- as long as it is NOT red, pink or orange (all horrible colors on red-heads like me), I will buy it. Preferably, though, blue, teal, black, white or something like that which goes with everything (does teal go with blue jeans?)

Farmgirl

imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll buy a hatrack girl shaped t-shirt. If you deliver to Australia. [Smile]

(I'll pay the postage).

Personally - I'm not sure about the "kiss me" shirt. BUT - I'm not going to be at KamaCon.. So - I'm undecided.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

Farmgirl - you're a redhead??? [Eek!]

I've managed to build a picture of you in my head that just isn't a redhead.

But I'm willing to adapt. [Big Grin]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Imogen -- picture of me on Foobonic

[Wink]

FG

what do you guys mean by "girl-shaped" shirts?

[ April 21, 2004, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: Farmgirl ]

imogen
Member # 5485

Far out!

In fact, in this circumstance I'll go the whole hog - Far out brussel sprout!

You are nothing like I imagined you. I'm not sure why.

However, having seen your photo - I'll be keeping Tony away. He has a thing for redheads. [Wink]

Edit: girl shaped t-shirts are stretchier over the bust and proportionatly smaller over the shoulders and waist. At least in my understanding. Boy-shaped t-shirts (straight up and down with BIG shoulders) just don't fit me.

[ April 21, 2004, 10:38 AM: Message edited by: imogen ]

katharina
Member # 827

Boy-shaped t-shirts have side seams that are straight lines. Girl-shaped t-shirts have narrower shoulders and curve in at the waist. That way it's possible to get a t-shirt that fits your chest without wearing a tent.
imogen
Member # 5485

And yeah. What Kat said. [Smile]
rivka
Member # 4859

Add me to the girl-shaped t-shirt (with 3/4-length sleeves, please) list.

As far as color goes; black, blue, teal, all sound good.

BannaOj
Member # 3206

I have big shoulders. Girl shaped ones don't fit me terribly well. Though I guess I could get an extralarge and it might be better than a boy shaped shirt.
[Frown]

Do we have an estimated cost on these things yet? I'm sure it depends on quantity ordered and from where.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I *love* Kama's kiss me design! I'd order a girl-shaped one, 3/4 sleeves would be fantastic, and those blue/black/teal/whatever colors sound just perfect.

How fun!

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's variation on a theme, with a navy-ish background in mind:

JatraCon
KamaCon

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

Ohhh, pretty!!!
rivka
Member # 4859

I like! *thumbs-up*
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent work, Taal. That's the first one I've seen so far that I might consider wearing. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

I think it is offically KamaCon since that's what I told the hotel,and mostly what weve been calling it here. We tried a bunch of other names out but KamaCon stuck.

AJ

Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
According to the 'hotel name' logic, Banna, WenchCon 04 was 'officially' called "Computer Companions".
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Could we use Cafepress?

And AJ, I have the same problem. I have an average bust, broad shoulders *mutter*, of course curves, and a long torso. So women fit shirts fit well at the bust, are too small in shoulders and sleeves, fit well on curves, too short on the bottom. [Mad]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
O_o Computer Companions?

But I like the Kamacon one better.

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, should I be bringing photographic prints or copies of books or making calendars for people? I know there was some interest in that, as well as some people wanting me to sign there books. [Eek!]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

mack you are coming! I didn't realize you were.

*does happy dance!*

AJ

Kama
Member # 3022

I want to have mack's book signed. Theca promised to order one copy for me, but to be honest I'm not sure if she'll be coming to the Con. [Eek!]

So, would that be a problem if you brought one spare copy with you? Cause I'm so freaking far away, and if it was my only chance to get it (signed) and I would miss it...

BannaOj
Member # 3206

Kama, if Theca isn't able to come, I'm pretty sure she'd be willing to send me the book so I could give it to you.

So don't panic [Smile]

AJ

Kama
Member # 3022

Okay. Sorry for distrusting

[Blushing]

And thank you thank you, too

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.