FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Why the Owens are the coolest people on this forum

Author Topic: Why the Owens are the coolest people on this forum
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
Cause they're gonna come to my house and babysit Dustin for a weekend in May while I take the rest of the family to Disneyland.

Not only did they make it so Karli gets to go, but this way, Karli can take care of all the kids while I go on the really fun rides by myself.

Woot!

Anyway, I love me the Owens.

Jon Boy, Ruth - [Kiss]

Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't know they needed a reason.
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strong Bad
Member # 6471

- posted      Profile for Strong Bad   Email Strong Bad         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just using you for your X-Box, dude.
Posts: 41 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strong Bad
Member # 6471

- posted      Profile for Strong Bad   Email Strong Bad         Edit/Delete Post 
But thank you a thousand times over for not saying "Owenses."
Posts: 41 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Man, you need a good beating. Because what I'm pretty sure you meant to say, was that not only does Karli get to go, but you'll be there to take care of the kids while she goes on the really fun rides. Right?
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
You're going to Disneland again? Or was it Disneyworld last time?
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

By the way, Ruth said, "party at Pat's house, pass it along."
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still trying to imagine the conversation with your wife when you brought up the idea of us watching Dustin.

Pat: Honey, if we got a young married couple to stay with him for the weekend, you could come along.

Wifey: That's a good idea. But what young married couples do we know who would be willing to do that for us and whom we could trust with him?

Pat: Well, you know the people who TPed us on April Fool's Day . . . ?

Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to put my name on the list for a weekend in June.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

quote:
Pat: Honey, if we got a young married couple to stay with him for the weekend, you could come along.

Somehow, I think he forgot the second part of the sentence, which apparently was, "And that way, you could take care of the kids, so I can have fun."

You know, I think they did this on an episode of Everybody Loves Raymond.

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

zgator, you ought to agree with me. That way, Karli will like you enough to let you babysit. At least, I'm hoping that's how it works out.
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

So many reasons to love Hatrack.

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, Ruth, it did go a lot like that, at first. But after a lot of persuasion, [Wink] , she acquiesed.

She's very thankful for you two now. I'm pretty sure she's reading this thread as we speak, uh, write.

And feel free to TP the house as much as you want while you're gone.

Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And feel free to TP the house as much as you want while you're gone.
Right. Just as long as it's sparklingly clean and neat when you return, right?
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

Nope. Not at all. The very fact that you're doing it is work enough. No cleaning is necessary.

My only rule is that Nathan can't come anywhere near my house while I'm gone.

Strong Bad
Member # 6471

Don't worry. We'll do our best to keep your house Novak-free.
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Right. Just as long as it's sparklingly clean and neat when you return, right?
What, were you planning on using dirty toilet paper? That's sick.
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strong Bad
Member # 6471

You're supposed to use clean toilet paper? Then what am I saving all this used stuff for?
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Ew....
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
"And feel free to TP the house as much as you want while you're gone."

"My only rule is that Nathan can't come anywhere near my house while I'm gone. "

[Cry] [Cry] [Cry]

But then again, this does mean that the Owenses residence will be ungaurded.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strong Bad
Member # 6471

*noogies Nate for saying "Owenses"

Not that there's really much you can do to our place. Also, there's a nearby motion-sensor light and there's nowhere to hide.

Brinestone
Member # 5755

Not so, Nathan. My sister will be staying at our place for a few weeks. And my parents may be there as well.

And Pat, my mommy always told me that a good babysitter cleans up the messes he or she makes while babysitting.

T_Smith
Member # 3734

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I realize that with Pat gone, I don't have to expect him to come chasing after me with any pots or pans. And without Jon as a partner, I could do it at 1:00 am.

Or, I could just stay home and make them paranoid, like they have to me for the past 18 days.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strong Bad
Member # 6471

I'm still trying to figure out what you think you can actually do to our apartment. Tape stuff to our front door? Put stuff on our welcome mat?
T_Smith
Member # 3734

I can be creative.

::breaks out the colored chalk:: [Wink]

celia60
Member # 2039

oh, no! not chalk!

[ROFL]

yeah, i need to never live in utah. ever.

Strong Bad
Member # 6471

Maybe you can get the two-year-olds from upstairs to help you with your evil scheme, Nathan.

[ April 21, 2004, 06:40 PM: Message edited by: Strong Bad ]

saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Pat, I live about 20 minutes from Disneyland. What would you think about having a meal with me and possibly my wife while you're in town?
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Pat, we live a couple hours from Disneyland, but you're worth the trip. Saxy, if it happens, can you share?
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Are you going on May 32nd this year, Pat? [Razz]
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
By all means, Pop. The more, the merrier. Of course, I have no idea how Pat feels about all this, but I guess we'll find out.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Maybe you can the two-year-olds from upstairs to help you with your evil scheme, Nathan.

Did Jon Boy just make a typo?!?!? [Monkeys]

Didn't you go to Disneyland on November 31 or something, Patman?

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] I'd forgotten about that, Frisco.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

sarcasticmuppet, he makes about one a day (at least that I've noticed). Generally his typos come up when he is editing a post before hitting "Add Reply" and he accidentally deletes a word that needed to be in there.

It's almost like those magazines where you have to find the hidden carrot or something . . . you know it's there, but most of the time, nobody sees it. [Smile]

Strong Bad
Member # 6471

quote:
Did Jon Boy just make a typo?!?!?
I do it just to make everyone feel less insecure.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.