FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Body Language

Author Topic: Body Language
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Body language.

Wow!

What an interesting topic.

Wow.

Unfortunatly, I know little about it. Can anyone provide me with information? Any good books on the subject?

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
--I--
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll spare you the dobie of "bawdy language". But I guess if someone else makes it, then I can link to here.

I think writing about body language is kind of difficult. I mean, if you could put it in words, would it really be body language?

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megachirops
Member # 4325

- posted      Profile for Megachirops           Edit/Delete Post 
I hate body language. It sucks.

Hah!

-Icarus [No No]

Posts: 1001 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

Actually, mack, the Supreme Court has decided that hand gestures are a protected form of speech.

If you're interested in scholarly approaches to non-verbal communication, here's one link:

http://www.sign-lang.uni-hamburg.de/BibWeb/Lidat.acgi?KEYWORDALTID=63

and another:
http://www3.usal.es/~nonverbal/introduction.htm

But if you want pop psychology, you can check out Amazon.com. They've got a boat load of the cr@p.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Icarus, I think your body language was very defensive just then.

imogen [Mad]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
Read Body Language by Julius Fast. It deals mostly with reading the body language in the dating word and the opposite sex but if you are looking for information on how to tell if the person you are doing a business deal with is lying (as an example), there are much better books.
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.