FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Come see my friend's pictures

Author Topic: Come see my friend's pictures
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
LINK

A good friend of mine does photography on the side of his 9-5 job and just put up a website with a gallery of all his work. And me being a good friend i promised to spread the word. [Smile]

So if you have a minute and like looking at pictures, feel free to visit.

EDIT: seems his site has moved so the links to pictures below most likely don't work anymore.

[ May 31, 2004, 02:44 PM: Message edited by: Strider ]

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
no responses at all? That's just plain mean! we lurkers don't mean anything to you people! [Razz]
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
keep your shirt on, leonide!
Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow those are all so beautiful.

I loved the Hawaii shots from the different trips and on the different islands, but I found myself majorly crushing on the London/Cambridge shots and the Vermont autumnal shots. *sigh* Those are great.

Here are some favorites:

St Thomas
London
Cambridge
Vermont
Vermont again
Vermont some more
Vermont one last time

Thanks for posting these, they're wonderful.

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
strider,

They are beautiful. They have a tendency to look like postcards. What sort of avenue is your friend anticipating for his/her photography?

fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

I don't really know where he wants to go with his pictures. I know he loves taking them. And i know he's done some small showings. One at his "home" in New Jersey. And one at his apartment in RI, I think.

It started out as a hobby, and has just grown to this I guess.

Narnia, I love that London picture too.

[ May 31, 2004, 02:47 PM: Message edited by: Strider ]

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I looked at all the photos back on April 27th when you first posted the link. I don't know why I never responded in the thread.

But they are very good.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cyruseh
Member # 1120

- posted      Profile for cyruseh   Email cyruseh         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow... Those pictures are awesome. Do you happen to know what kind of a camera he is using? They look digital but im not sure. They are great pictures though. Ive been taking a lot of pictures lately, and I hope mine will start to look as good as these.
Posts: 879 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Take it all off Leonide! [Evil]
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
I was just hit on by a gay man.

This has been an awesome day.

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!]
Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Yay RI!

And wow... I lika da pictures! [Smile]

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Strider, he's fabulous.

Thanks for the links, man.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree - excellent photos. I enjoyed looking at them.
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WheatPuppet
Member # 5142

- posted      Profile for WheatPuppet   Email WheatPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Where were the vermont photos taken? Specifically, where is that church? It's unfamiliar to me. There are a lot of churches in Vermont, but I think I would recognize a steeple as distinctive as that.
Posts: 903 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it possible to get posters of some of the pictures (only without the big watermark in the pics) at a somewhat reasonable price?

Pretty pictures.

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

well the watermark is(i'm assuming) only on the pictures he puts online so if people grab them they have his logo on it. So yes, i'm sure you can get the pictures without watermwarks. I don't know how much they are, and I don't know if that information is on the site. But i'm pretty sure it wouldn't be too much as he's just starting out with all of this. His contact information should most likely be on the site if you'd like to ask him any questions.

I'll also point him in the direction of this thread. But thank you everybody who checked out the site, and i'm glad you enjoyed it.

Polio
Member # 6479

- posted      Profile for Polio   Email Polio         Edit/Delete Post 
This Vermont one is like a fairy tale! *sigh*
Posts: 165 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, those are some great pictures!
I especially love the sunset ones. I have a thing for sunsets.

And all those Vermont pics...Vermont is really gorgeous in the fall.

[Smile]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

Hey, I pointed my friend(his name is Seth btw) in the direction of this thread and he had some comments and responses to some of your questions that he asked me to post. In the future, if you had any specific questions, you could contact him direclty and i'm sure he'd get back to you. [Smile]

quote:
wow, thank you all for your time and praises! it's nice to hear good things about your life's passions...keeps one inspired! i'd like to respond to some of the things that have been said and questions asked:

Narnia and Polio, thank you for posting what photos in particular that you like. Narnia, unfort i was unable to view the ones you posted b/c of this weekend's server transition. everyone, please feel free to point out specific photos as it helps me to edit my portfolio.

Cyruseh - most of the images are from film, taken with a Canon EOS Rebel 2000. recently i have been shooting digital with a compact Pentax Optio 555 and the Canon 10D digital SLR. if you haven't gone digital yet, please do and thank me after...the advantages are wonderful and too vast to list.

WheatPuppet - i took a drive through VT in Oct...up through New Hampshire to Woodstock, VT. then headed north from there to the Burlington area. the next day i drove back down south, through Woodstock, then NH, and back to RI. the church that you are referring to i believe is located right outside the main part of Stowe. ...just moments prior to that shot, a couple from California who rented a car to go on a "foliage tour" of the NE, rear-ended me. it shows how people from all over the country are attracted to the area during that beautiful time.

JonnyNotSoBravo - i would be happy to discuss ordering/pricing with you. within the next few days i will have a working order form up on the site. pricing will depend on the photograph, the size, and of course the framing as well (if you are interested. i work with a wholesale framing company so you will most likely save $ in the long-run if i frame it for you).

again, i'd like to thank you all for your interest. please continue to pass on the site to friends, family, etc. and feel free to contact me with any questions. seth@shrubin.com or shrubin8@hotmail.com.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.