FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Is 'Andromeda' the TV show any good?

Author Topic: Is 'Andromeda' the TV show any good?
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
I just read a pretty positive review of it, and the few minutes I've watched look kind of interesting, but not enough to draw me in. And,call me crazy, I have an instinctive distrust of Kevin Sorbo.

Anyone have an opinion on the show.

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Eh. Some of the shows are good (occasionally even VERY good); some less so.

But the show is mostly Star Trek redux, with a bit of post-disaster universe thrown in.

Often entertaining and/or interesting, but nothing to write home about. I watch it when it happens to be on when I'm looking for something to watch.

And I say that as someone who likes Sorbo.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I hated Hurcules, but this show is pretty good. I like their view of the universe, and the concept was created by Gene Roddenberry, I believe...one of the many projects he never got around to making due to the popularity of Star Trek.

Fairly decent acting, too, which surprised me... [Evil]

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Berg
Member # 133

- posted      Profile for Richard Berg   Email Richard Berg         Edit/Delete Post 
I capped Season 3. I thought it sucked pretty bad. More eye candy than Trek is about all I can say.
Posts: 1839 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Magson
Member # 2300

- posted      Profile for Magson   Email Magson         Edit/Delete Post 
I watched most of Season 1, about half of season 2, caught the occasional season 3 eppie, and haven't seen anything from season 4 yet -- in spite of being on their e-mail list and getting an e-mail telling me all about the new show each week.

/agree with Richard -- I was really only watching it for "the 3 L's" (Lisa, Laura, and Lexa) and not because I was enjoying the show itself. And with Tyr leaving. . . there just wasn't any reason for me to watch other than the eye candy.

I actually liked the original conspet, but it just became to uneven for me. I mean -- in one episode, Rommie boasted of being able to completely annihilate a fleet of 10,000 ships in less than 2 minutes, yet in the next episode she couldn't even keep track of 3 enemy fighters and took SEVERE damage from one of them (and this is the ship that survived being hit by point singularities and being inside a nebula when it exploded, and hell even caught near the event horizon of a black hole for 300 years -- but a single FIGHTER can serioulsy damage it?

So yah, when my intelligence began to feel too insulted I stopped watching. Same for Jake 2.0 -- nice concept, crappy execution.

Posts: 1323 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I havent seen a ton of it, but I liked what I saw. Sounds like the show started to fade after season two. Too bad, I thought it was pertty well graphed out. If it had been done right, then it could have been really good.

It's still fun to watch occasionaly, though...

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
You should watch. Two words: Seamus Harper. [Wink]

I watched regularly the first season or two. I thought it was pretty cool. It wasn't *great*, as far as acting and plot went, but it was still good enough to watch. I kind of lost track of it just before Tyr left.

Did anyone else like Trance a lot better when she was purple?

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ninja Frog
Member # 6506

- posted      Profile for Ninja Frog   Email Ninja Frog         Edit/Delete Post 
not that i should be comminting on other chicks hotness, but yea they needed to keep the body paint purple.

also only reason i watch the show is it comes on between Stargate episodes.... tho i would have preffered that they had keept tremors around, that was a little more creative than andromeda.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
So, the vibe I'm getting is that the show does indeed suck.

Sigh. I think the '90s is going to be looked at as some kind of golden age for sf programming for the networks. X-Files, Babylon 5, ST:tNG, Futurama, The Tick. Xena, sometimes. I'll even throw Buffy the Vampire Slayer in there because I'm feeling charitable.

What SF is on the major (free) networks now that doesn't suck? [Frown]

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Stargate! (although it IS a season (or is it 2?) behind Sci-Fi)
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.