FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Wish me a broken leg.

Author Topic: Wish me a broken leg.
BookWyrm
Member # 2192

- posted      Profile for BookWyrm   Email BookWyrm         Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight, I, the Bookwyrm, shall be going out for the part of Pap Finn in the musical Big River.
I went to the auditions last night to observe (I've never done community based plays before) to get a feel of what to do and what to expect.
Armed with this knowlege, I plan to knock their socks off tonight.
I got the CD so I'll be practicing the song I'm doing all day.

Here's my shot at Show Biz [Wink]

Posts: 986 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Break a leg (I'm sure kaioshin00 is jealous of your potential bone breakage!)
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Break a leg !
In French, we say "merde"

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alexa
Member # 6285

- posted      Profile for Alexa           Edit/Delete Post 
Hope you snap your femur!
Posts: 1034 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Break a leg

but not in the Tanya Harding sense

I mean, don't go taking a baseball bat to any of the other audtioners

unless they really deserve it like they are parked in a handicapped zone for no reason other than they are too lazy to walk from regular parking so then you can break their leg so they can deserve to park in the handicapped parking, although that still won't help those other people who need that parking so its probably not a good idea, espcially cause its awfully hard to get a starring role from a prison cell unless you have a really good publicist or are willing to do nude scenses which don't go over well in community theater anyway....

I love cold medicine.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megachirops
Member # 4325

- posted      Profile for Megachirops           Edit/Delete Post 
Break a leg!
Posts: 1001 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
How'd you do how'd you do how'd you do how'd you do?!?!?
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BookWyrm
Member # 2192

Well.... out of the 8 or so guys that went for the same part as myself, *I* think its a toss-up between me and one other guy. Depending on whether the director wants cutsie or grit. I was grit, the other guy was cutsie.
He has a slight leg up on me in that he's known to everyone and I'm new to this area.
At least I made them sit up and take notice that there's a new talent in town [Big Grin]

Posts: 986 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
break a leg and break mine too!
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BookWyrm
Member # 2192

Well..... I didn't get my part [Frown]

But I was cast as Sherrif Bell plus I'm in the Chorus

Assigned Parts

Huck Finn.... Lee Giezentanner

Widow Douglas.... Janis Duley

Miss Watson.... Vicki Hilliard

Jim.... Doc Fites

Tom Sawyer.... Brad Sheppard

Tom and Huck’s gang: Kayla will assign vocal parts according to need: reading lines to be assigned later

Joshua Hawkins...Matt Stevens...Christopher Hotchkiss...

Tony Lothes...Asa Tims...Aaron Elam...Brandon Ferguson

Pap Finn.... Stephen Hotchkiss

Judge Thatcher.... Michael Weir

Strange Woman.... Barbara Singleton

The King.... Jim Blount

The Duke.... Bill Rogers

Hank, Andy, Lafe.... Jimmie Lee, Joshua Hawkins, Stephen Hotchkiss ....in that order

4 Tarts.... Christina Mason, Jamie Hawkins, Lesha Kuehn, Meagan Murphy

Young Fool.... Jimmie Lee

Mary Jane Wilkes.... Candice Carlsen

Susan Wilkes.... Erin West

Joanna Wilkes.... Mackenzie Cherry

A servant.... Lynn Porter

Counselor Robinson.... Judd Giezentanner

Alice.... Betty Turner

Alice’s Daughter.... not cast yet

Sheriff Bell.... Tim Brown

Harvey Wilkes.... Charles Robinson

Sally Phelps.... Donna Zurborg

Silas Phelps.... Jeff Reddekopp

Doctor.... David Godwin

Townspeople, Mourners, Posse, Et c. (Chorus)

Robbie Elliott... Jamie Hawkins ...Judy Hight... Marta Holt...Lesha Kuehn... Sherryl Line... Christina Mason... Meagan Murphy...Charlotte Plumlee... Shala Plumlee... Annika Ringle... Vanessa Sbanotto...Barbara Smith... Winnie Stith... Erin West... Christine Schwader... Kaye Yocham... Mollie Scopa... Terri Winniki... Donna Zurborg...Nicki Cade... Lynn Porter... Charlie Bostian... Tim Brown...Tom Cochran... Brandon Ferguson... David Godwin... Justin Hasse... Joshua Hawkins...Judd Giezentanner... Jimmie Lee...Christopher Hotchkiss... Ted Fellinger... Tony Lothes... Matt Stevens... Charles Robinson ...Asa Tims.... Aaron Elam

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL!

Now I'm dancing on cloud 9. Not bad for a total outsider eh?

[ May 07, 2004, 12:03 PM: Message edited by: BookWyrm ]

Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Want us to break some more legs to get you a better part?

Congratz!!

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.