FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Ping Pong

Author Topic: Ping Pong
Desu
Member # 5941

- posted      Profile for Desu           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ping,

Is it a real sport?

How can you injure yourself playing it if you have an IQ over 15?

Do balls matter?

It's such a mysterious phenomenon.

Posts: 139 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Do balls matter?"

They complete the package.

It depends on what you define as sport, I suppose.

Posts: 9753 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[ROFL]

Best. Opening. Ever.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recall some sports writer saying that bicycle racing a la Lance Armstrong was not a sport. Something about a sport having to involve a ball of some kind. What a dork.

Ping pong is fun, I like to play it, I don't care how it's defined.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desu
Member # 5941

Pong,

There was a guy who injured himself playing; he tore some muscle or other.

Stranger things have happened; I hear there are professional video gamers.

Ping Pong, table tennis, like tennis without the running, one needs the abilities of a Forrest Gump to excel. Or should I say XL?

[ May 10, 2004, 02:11 AM: Message edited by: Desu ]

Posts: 139 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*pats Mack on the ass*
Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um. Desu, are you by any chance an alternate name for fallow?
Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desu
Member # 5941

Ping,

I also hear some gamers injure themselves?

Would you pay to watch someone play?

sh fallow - mellow

T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, wait a minute!

::looks at diagram::

That pat was 2 inches, too high. That was no friendly "way to go" pat on the butt, that was just a "I get to touch your butt" kind! Bad fallow!

Posts: 9753 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desu
Member # 5941

I'm just looking for a bit of attention, and you all seem to have so much time on your hands.

The old school knows what I’m talking about, a momentary pixel monger with no definite purpose.

To seek and disturb, if I were to flatter myself.

T_Smith
Member # 3734

Uh... ::confused look that happens quite frequently with fallow:: whatever. Just don't be touching girls's butts. Or else I'll chop your hands off.
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bernard recommended this movie to me. It really was very interesting. I would receomend you go watch it.
Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
T_smith,

The only confusion that results from my posts is the ... well... the lack of capacity to address.

fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desu
Member # 5941

Pong,

I'll look into, I promise you, kind sir. But i'd like to keep it snappy, those fast moving balls give me a headache.

fallow
Member # 6268

How can the ball bounce when there is no wall for the ball to bounce off of?
BYuCnslr
Member # 1857

- posted      Profile for BYuCnslr   Email BYuCnslr         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ping Pong,
Watch the movie and you'll know.

It is in fact possible to injure yourself playing or preparing to play...quite easy in fact.
It is a sport, and a friggin intense one.

Golf on the other hand....goodness...they call that a sport? I love playing it...but...a sport? You get off the cart hit a ball, get back on the cart to get drive to the cart, have your club HANDED TO YOU to hit the ball a little further....that's not a sport!

Satyagraha

Posts: 1986 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*waves at Desu*

*has been out of town*

[Kiss]

Is that enough attention?

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.